Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    the cure 4 I think was a typo, just like I believe the new ability, their notes say 90 sec i think but its 2 mins.

Please try harly, I still have a funny suspicion that harly is the one that casts dread spikes and absorb spells,
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Messing around with it a bit, a few things I noticed, please correct me when I'm wrong:

1) It still keeps on casting Silence on mobs that cast no spells (for instance, buffaloes in Aby-uleg)
    2) It only uses Cure5 and Cure6 like today's update reports, no trace of Cure4 like the post we got some weeks ago. Only time I saw it cast Cure3 it's because it was out of mp
    3) It uses C5 and C6 in a kinda random way. Never saw it use C6 when I was missing only a bit of HP (and this is good) but it happened a few times I was missing a good chunk of HP, automaton has lot of MP, and he still decided to use C5 instead of C6. Odd...

Need some testing of Harlequin and Stormwaker now
    1: the devs seemed pretty happy with "equip the scanner" as an acceptable answer for that problem, even though it really isn't. I doubt they changed that.
    2: I haven't seen cure IV since I got cure VI, outside of low MP cures. My puppet just kept randomly doing what it did with Cure IV before, but did it with Cure V, so again, I doubt that's changed.
    3: I'm assuming you're testing in abyssea? Don't forget that abyssea cruor buffs, specifically the HP buff, fucks with HP% triggers something awful.

But more importantly, DOES IT @%@#%!#!$ing PRIORITIZE CURES OVER NAS?!
    (0)
    Last edited by Theytak; 10-29-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

It's looking nice for small parties, so far.
    Wouldn't really rely on that for end-game events though, of course. Can always play DD there, and would be awesome to mess around with sharpshoot if only they gave us a higher deploy range.
    Schs: "Please give us Haste, we really need it."
    Rdms: "I wanna play pink mage again! gimme Cure V!"
    Schs: "I wanna be useful for healing again, gimme Cure V too!!"

SE: "Ok, we'll give Cure V, VI, AND haste to another job besides whm!"

Schs&Rdms: "WOOOHOOOOO!!!!"

*SE adjusts stuff*

Pup: "Oh nice, my cure V and VI are now down to a 4 second recast as opposed to 30, and my puppet can hasteme and my party now!!"

SE: *trollface*

Note: This post is meant to be entirely satirical and does not in any way reflect my opinions on whether schs and rdms should or should not receive access to Cure V and/or haste (in the case of sch).
    (2)
    Siren Server since 2004
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The cure 4 thing was a typo, the original jap comment said cure 5/6.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    The cure 4 thing was a typo, the original jap comment said cure 5/6.
    Uhm I must have misread Camate's follow up, because the way I got it he just forgot to add Cure VI, and not mistakengly putting 4 in place of 6.
    Wouldn't it have been better if the automaton were able to cast C4 OR 5 OR 6? Altough I guess we can't complain, having it use C5 situationally is still better than C6 spam as we had before.

Oh and the C5 in place of C6 mixup I described earlier happens more often than I thought, altough it might be because of cruor buff like someone already said. Should try outside I guess.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Uhm I must have misread Camate's follow up, because the way I got it he just forgot to add Cure VI, and not mistakengly putting 4 in place of 6.
    Wouldn't it have been better if the automaton were able to cast C4 OR 5 OR 6? Altough I guess we can't complain, having it use C5 situationally is still better than C6 spam as we had before.

Oh and the C5 in place of C6 mixup I described earlier happens more often than I thought, altough it might be because of cruor buff like someone already said. Should try outside I guess.
    Well, it doesn't really matter all that much outside, given that Cure V is more than enough to keep me going as a galka, if I trigger a cure at 50% HP (Cure Vs average ~800ish, I have 1400~1500ish HP outside of abyssea at 95). I'd try to figure out the issue in abyssea, but I can't for the life of me remember how the cruor buff caused issue exactly.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004

Character
    Lessina
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Please try harly, I still have a funny suspicion that harly is the one that casts dread spikes and absorb spells,
    Harli was the first puppet I tried, I couldn't get it to cast spells at all. All it does is Auto-Attack.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well yes, of course it would be best if it casted cure 4 5 or 6, but I was just clarifying that the original time camate translated it, he missed it and changed it from 5 or 6 to 5 or 4 (iv vs vi).

Also it may be using cure 5 instead of 6 'randomly' if the recast time on 5 isnt up.
    4 seconds between global recast
    x seconds between healing spells
    Each healing spell has its own recast time

Once we figure out how often it can cast healing spells (10s for enhancing) we can determine if its just the recast time they gave to cure vi.

EG

10 seconds on healing magic recast
    15 seconds on cure 6 recast

that would cause cure 6 - > cure 5 -> cure 6

Good posts, plenty for me to test this weekend. :-)
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah, thought as much. Might have been something concerning the internal recast of the single spell (C6 in my example).
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just a slight observation I made thus far.

I am in Abyssea-Grauberg killing Sinister Seidel (Pots) right now.

I had a pot sleep me, and my WHM puppet spammed Erase, which of couse, has no effect on removing Sleep status.

But on the bright side, anytime Haste wears off, puppet puts it back on. Anytime the mob is silenced and then becomes unsilenced, puppet casts silence on it again. When Regen IV wears off, puppet puts it right back on. It's freaking sweet! But yeah, the whole "WHM puppet spamming Erase on the master who is slept" will need to be adjusted.
    (0)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast