Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Either way, the point of a test server is to test. The fact that they don't release info on how the AI was changed, what triggers what etc shows how stupid the developers really are.

How the hell are you supposed to properly test something if they hold back such vital testing criteria.
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ill test very well this weekend be assured of that.

It isnt prioritizing slow/poison over haste.

I deployed and on a single target that was the order of spells
    protect
    slow
    poison 2
    shell
    haste

it just means the order for beneficial spells is protect -> shell -> haste and it has to wait 10 sec inbetween in which time it casts enfeebles if they are available.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    They say water Manuevers is what triggers protect and shell, maybe once you have protect and shell on it will trigger haste next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    Ill test very well this weekend be assured of that.

It isnt prioritizing slow/poison over haste.

I deployed and on a single target that was the order of spells
    protect
    slow
    poison 2
    shell
    haste

it just means the order for beneficial spells is protect -> shell -> haste and it has to wait 10 sec inbetween in which time it casts enfeebles if they are available.
    Well, that also means that it doesn't prioritize enhancing magic over enfeebles, since if it cast slow and poison II before it cast haste, it's easy to infer it prioritizes them. However that could also be me/us not understanding how they have the individual recasts split up.

edit: also, wow at a 2GB ZIP file. I'd forgotten how big FFXI's filesize has gotten.... lol
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Xelnok
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Well, that also means that it doesn't prioritize enhancing magic over enfeebles, since if it cast slow and poison II before it cast haste, it's easy to infer it prioritizes them. However that could also be me/us not understanding how they have the individual recasts split up.

edit: also, wow at a 2GB ZIP file. I'd forgotten how big FFXI's filesize has gotten.... lol
    If you think about it protect is the first spell cast, which is an enhancing spell, best test would be to deploy, get protect and shell then fight a new mob and see what it casts first, it looks as if haste is priority three, so if you have protect and shell, haste should be the first cast.

Just my speculation, hopefully it will work that way
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    They say water Manuevers is what triggers protect and shell, maybe once you have protect and shell on it will trigger haste next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnok View Post
    If you think about it protect is the first spell cast, which is an enhancing spell, best test would be to deploy, get protect and shell then fight a new mob and see what it casts first, it looks as if haste is priority three, so if you have protect and shell, haste should be the first cast.

Just my speculation, hopefully it will work that way
    here's hopin'. atm I'm wondering how in the world there can't be an easier way for them to implement the test server, that doesn't require an effective reinstallation of the game... 2 hours for the first of three zip files? Jesus. I know I have a slow connection, my DLs cap out at 300 KB/s for like, 10 minutes at a time, if I'm lucky, but still...
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Lessina
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 96
    I don't think Wind triggers Haste, with Wind up it would still cast Protect and Shell first.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    All enhancing were water and the priority was protect >shell > haste

And if it casts protect > slow poison > shell that means it IS prioritizing enhancing over enfeebles.
    The way to test it:
    Deploy with no maneuver (see what it casts)
    retrieve
    wait 10-15sec
    repeat

If enhancing is priority over enfeebling (which i am 99% sure it is) it will do protect -> shell -> haste

It was only enfeebling at all because the recast on enhancing wasn't open.
    (1)

Character
    Shotaro
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    A tiny bit off topic, but still about the update. I hope these changes can change some peoples views, and end the hatred and bashing on how "bad" pup is. Alot of complaint i hear is the not so smart AI of the whm, and now that is its improved, I hope people will accept pup more now.

Im very excited about the changes, and cant wait for the update to go live in the real servers
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Messing around with it a bit, a few things I noticed, please correct me when I'm wrong:

1) It still keeps on casting Silence on mobs that cast no spells (for instance, buffaloes in Aby-uleg)
    2) It only uses Cure5 and Cure6 like today's update reports, no trace of Cure4 like the post we got some weeks ago. Only time I saw it cast Cure3 it's because it was out of mp
    3) It uses C5 and C6 in a kinda random way. Never saw it use C6 when I was missing only a bit of HP (and this is good) but it happened a few times I was missing a good chunk of HP, automaton has lot of MP, and he still decided to use C5 instead of C6. Odd...

Need some testing of Harlequin and Stormwaker now
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro1 View Post
    A tiny bit off topic, but still about the update. I hope these changes can change some peoples views, and end the hatred and bashing on how "bad" pup is. Alot of complaint i hear is the not so smart AI of the whm, and now that is its improved, I hope people will accept pup more now.

Im very excited about the changes, and cant wait for the update to go live in the real servers
    It's looking nice for small parties, so far.
    Wouldn't really rely on that for end-game events though, of course. Can always play DD there, and would be awesome to mess around with sharpshoot if only they gave us a higher deploy range.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast