Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Offer a name change feature for FFXI SE.

You shouldn't have to swap servers or delete your character for a name change.

I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying 5$ to be able to rename your character.
    If you wouldn't mind paying 5$ for a rename like this post.

I'd also like to see others opinions on this subject.
    (23)

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I wanna change my name to GeNNadi but i dont know how.
    (0)

Why the hell would people want to pay money for a name change feature?

Static names are there for a reason. It wouldn't cost them a dime to let us change them. The idea is that people are held accountable for their actions in a community setting. I came up with my name nearly ten years ago, and sure I think it's dorky as hell now. But people's individual reputations are important in a community setting, good and bad.

Besides, the BlackList function would become fairly obsolete if people could just change their name and continue to harass you.
    (19)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Names might change, but people don't. If someone has such a bad rep that they need to change their name, the community will find it out pretty quickly. Hell, they already do that even if they jump servers where nobody knows them.

I like the idea for people that may have gotten shafted by server mergers in the past, or are just tired of their old name and want something fresh.

That and it's more income for SE to spend on something other than FFXI content.
    (6)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Name changes allow people to get out of their bad reputations for a price. I do not feel that should be allowed. switching servers does do the same thing, but at least that person is now someone else's problem instead of yours.
    (3)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I came up with my name nearly ten years ago, and sure I think it's dorky as hell now.
    Yes, but at least people probably call you GG. That's a pretty impressive nickname, considering the general meaning of it on the Internet.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Why the hell would people want to pay money for a name change feature?

Static names are there for a reason. It wouldn't cost them a dime to let us change them. The idea is that people are held accountable for their actions in a community setting. I came up with my name nearly ten years ago, and sure I think it's dorky as hell now. But people's individual reputations are important in a community setting, good and bad.

Besides, the BlackList function would become fairly obsolete if people could just change their name and continue to harass you.
    For possibly the same reason Xbox Live offer name change servers at $10 a pop... which I happen to know some one who changes his gamer tag literally three times a month.

For fun, to avoid harassment, or whatever reason they damn well choose. Also, it character id information is stored in blacklist, not names.
    (5)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I wouldn't want to see name/ID change but I'd love to see a race/appearance change.
    (4)

Character
    Mychael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Until they offer me the chance to regain the name I had for 7 years before a server merge made me have to change my name since a mule on the new server had it... I'll remain hating SE in regards to name change issues. :P
    (3)
    Mychael of Quetzalcoatl ~ Formerly of Midgardsormr and Ragnarok

Oh my goodness. Are you guys really arguing that the only reason people want a name change is to hide from some sort of reputation they may have?

And last I checked, changing your name on games doesn't magically remove them from your blacklist.
    Doesn't work that way with Xbox Live, Forums other MMO's.

Also name changes on these types of things usually cost money.
    So, if you guys can bring up a better argument other than "This guy is hiding from meeee!".

I don't see any issue with them adding this feature.
    (10)
    Last edited by Juri_Licious; 10-28-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast