Thread: The D on arrows

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    +Dmg on Arrows affect your TP and WS damage in the exact same wasy as +Dmg on a Gun/Xbow/Bow

Weaponskill and TP damage is based off Weapon+Ammo total +Damage. So if you have a D:50 gun and a D:100 bullet your weapon is effectively D:150. The question is: Why is the DMG on our weapons so high, yet our actual damager done per shot the same as a melee weapon with a much weaker DMG? The answer is because the ranged attack calulations are different from melee ones and in short: they suck and need to be changed.
    yeah thats one reason i was confused.

also magic damage like trueflight is not effected by D from my understanding.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Is magic damage for other weaponskills affected by D? (i.e. aeolian edge or cataclysm) I've spent too much time spamming wildfire I think lol.
    (0)

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    The thing that was confusing to me is that some people say the delay on ammo is added to the delay on your bow and some people say it is not (I think it ended up being that the delay is only factored in to tp return or something?).
    The easiest way to explain the delay relationship between the Ranged weapon and the Ammo is this... The delay on the weapon determines how long it takes until you can fire your shot, i.e. the time it takes to aim. The delay on the ammo is how long it takes until you can begin to fire your next shot, i.e. the time it takes to reload. And yes, the combined total determines the amount of TP gained per shot. Also bear in mind that Snapshot and Rapid Shot do NOT effect your TP gain.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Is magic damage for other weaponskills affected by D? (i.e. aeolian edge or cataclysm) I've spent too much time spamming wildfire I think lol.
    I'm not sure, but trueflight not being effected by the D is why people try that super low delay xbow with holy bolts and trueflight spam.

I an just going to farm for antlion arrows, every other form of ammo is not worth it from cost/time view if farming for antlion.

don't even want to buy ammo these days way to much. hopfully the cheap arrows last me though rest of my trails
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-16-2011 at 06:24 AM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I like your logic Militis... that makes a lot of sense ^^.

I thought people were doing the holy bolt spam thing with machine crossbow +1 well before trueflight. I knew people who used to favor that before ToAU came out. I thought the point there was that your DPS won out because of how high you could get your light damage and how rapidly you could spam it.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I like your logic Militis... that makes a lot of sense ^^.

I thought people were doing the holy bolt spam thing with machine crossbow +1 well before trueflight. I knew people who used to favor that before ToAU came out. I thought the point there was that your DPS won out because of how high you could get your light damage and how rapidly you could spam it.
    They where but that ws allows more reason to
    (0)

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That and the added effect does not contribute to enmity gain. And Holy Bolts were always a lot cheaper than Bullets of any kinds, so it worked out well for skilling Marksmanship
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2