Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OgreBattle View Post
    XI's largest problem though is it's terrible UI. The game also gives you little direction in how to start off. It's off putting to Final Fantasy fans.
    This direction you speak of makes the game very boring as it is handed to you on a silver platter. As for the UI, I've never found anythign wrong with it. I've played other MMOs, this one is the best.
    (0)

Character
    Chaosi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    MMOs don't have "finales." they just get their plug pulled.

The mystery survey about platforms is likely to find out how few people play on the PS2 so they can consider dropping it.
    Just because I read that comment now. Proper statement would be "most or all except one MMO's don't have "finales"".
    Ever heard of Matrix Online? When they decided to pull the plugs on that game, the whole matrix in itself was about to crash and you had all these errors and every player gained sort of super powers.
    Neo was revived and met with the architect and the machines made the decision to let go of the matrix.

Yes, there are no other examples of ending an MMO with a true meaning and the destruction of the matrix made sense from a storytelling point of view. But there is no reason that SE couldn't make an awesome big bye-bye-show, ending with the fusion of all mother crystals or whatever.
    (0)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossarius View Post
    Just because I read that comment now. Proper statement would be "most or all except one MMO's don't have "finales"".
    Ever heard of Matrix Online? When they decided to pull the plugs on that game, the whole matrix in itself was about to crash and you had all these errors and every player gained sort of super powers.
    Neo was revived and met with the architect and the machines made the decision to let go of the matrix.

Yes, there are no other examples of ending an MMO with a true meaning and the destruction of the matrix made sense from a storytelling point of view. But there is no reason that SE couldn't make an awesome big bye-bye-show, ending with the fusion of all mother crystals or whatever.
    The crystals being combined back together again wont happen. But I understand what you are saying
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    In all honestly i dont see how the ps2 hard drive space has anythingto do with it. I mean 4 real what freaking game on the ps2 use's the hard drive? umm let me think. Resident Evil outbreak (which isnt online anymore) um... Socom U.S navy Seals 2 (which nobody plays the new maps if yo udont belive check the game yourself and see how many ppl use those maps) I never played Socom 3 so idont know if it use's the hard drive then there's Final Fantasy 11 please let me know what other games that you know use's the hard drive. Most ppl got the hard drive to play Final Fantasy and if thats the case then you should still have 20 gigs + of hard drive space
    It's not a potential issue with how much space is left on the total drive, it is with the space left in the partition assigned specifically for FFXI. It's a limitation in the PS2's environment--sort of like the difference between FAT32 and NTFS, where you can't go larger than 4GB file size on a FAT32 drive. The PS2 has a limit on how big a partition can be made for a game. As far as we know, that size is roughly that of a full DVD9 or HD-DVD, as that is the largest potential size a game could possibly be at the time the PS2 was released. We know for certain there is a size limit though, as evidenced by the out-of-space error messages people were getting trying to update a while back before SE went and did some garbage collection with the installer to remove outdated files.

The question is, just how much more they can manage to tame their past/future file sizes for the PS2 installations to make sure they have enough space available for future expansion(s).
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Camate claimed that PS2 limitations were not going to stop them from adding new areas, and that they were in fact doing it. What he meant by new areas is anyones guess. If its just another floor for nyzul, or a chamber in einherhjar, then that would not really be a bid deal.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    This direction you speak of makes the game very boring as it is handed to you on a silver platter. As for the UI, I've never found anythign wrong with it. I've played other MMOs, this one is the best.
    You don't think there's anything wrong with NPC interactions only listing 3 options at a time when they can have over a hundred to chose from? Macros limited to like 7 lines? No way to adjust the size and position of your UI elements? Item lists limited to 10?

I don't know which MMOs you've played but FFXI's UIs are fucking terrible.
    (3)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossarius View Post
    I've gotten the impression that this is what S-E is planning for XIV 1.0.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    MMOs don't have "finales." they just get their plug pulled.
    The Matrix online got a finale and then it's plug was pulled.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    The Matrix online got a finale and then it's plug was pulled.
    Who can I pay to get your plug pulled?
    (3)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    Who can I pay to get your plug pulled?
    Various large and multinational corporations that wont listen to you.
    (0)

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast