Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Why Cant Final fantasy 11 get the same treatment?

Square Enix has announced its plans for an overhaul of troubled MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV, revealing that the remade version of the game will be made available in the fourth quarter of 2012.

In a statement, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada explained that the development team has been working to fix the game to a high standard after a rocky launch ten months ago.

As part of the announcement, Wada said that the unbilled period for the game will now come to a close, and a subscription-based system will be put in place sometime between late November and early December 2011.

The remade version of the game, dubbed 'Version 2.0', is due to be integrated into the game between October and December 2012. The full client will then go on sale at the start of 2013 for both PC and PlayStation 3.

The PS3 version of the game was delayed back when the game launched for PC, as Square Enix said that it was looking to improve stability, performance and functionality before the launch.

Naoki Yoshida, producer on the game, listed all the changes that the game will undergo for the rerelease. The game's current maps will be redesigned to fix the repetitive feel, while a whole new graphics engine will be put in place.

A new server system will also be integrated to fix speed and performance problems, while the user interface will receive a full overhaul.

Finally, the in-game community content will see more regular expansions, while overall the game will see numerous bug fixes and alterations.

"I promise that we will continue to give all Final Fantasy XIV players our full attention as we do everything in our power to provide a high-quality service," he said, "and as such, would like ask for your continued encouragement and support."

"As always, everything we do will be for our players and customers," he concluded.

Yoichi Wada said last month that the Final Fantasy name has been "greatly damaged" by the troubled Final Fantasy XIV.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...S3_Q4_2012.php

My thoughts on this issue are I find it very hard to understand a game that made zero profit other then the purchase sells is having so much time and effort put into it?
    (25)
    Last edited by Shadobi; 10-26-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They can't because of the practicality of it. It makes little sense to revamp an 8+ year old game that pretty much has had nearly all the subscribers it will ever have when they can improve a game that's still young and re-market it and potentially gain new subscribers.

It also can't be fairly done without dropping console support.

I said it before in another thread, but not putting anything into improving FFXIV will not automatically suddenly mean that a revamp for FFXI would happen. The funds and manpower would most likely be invested in a new or other project, such as one of the other MMOs they're also developing.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They can't because of the practicality of it. It makes little sense to revamp an 8+ year old game that pretty much has had nearly all the subscribers it will ever have when they can improve a game that's still young and re-market it and potentially gain new subscribers.

It also can't be fairly done without dropping console support.

I said it before in another thread, but not putting anything into improving FFXIV will not automatically suddenly mean that a revamp for FFXI would happen. The funds and manpower would most likely be invested in a new or other project, such as one of the other MMOs they're also developing.
    I understand but there revamping a game engine for ff14 doesn't that cost tons of money as well?
    (4)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadobi View Post
    I understand but there revamping a game engine for ff14 doesn't that cost tons of money as well?
    The potential ROI for 14 is higher than it is for 11 because of 11's age.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    The potential ROI for 14 is higher than it is for 11 because of 11's age.
    Ok thank you. Just sad the game can't grow into something more better.
    (1)

Player
    It's all a mystery lol, they asked which platform people play on yet they never revealed it or even gave a reason as to why they asked it. Now it's been 2 months since that's occurred and the only notable news we've gotten are plans for how they plan to readjust a lot of things up to March lol. It would be nice to get some real juicy news for this game but as long as they have ps2 support the only possible way to evolve the game is by changing what's already there with small additions here and there to increase it's longevity.
    (0)

Well they are pretty much capped on PS2 hard drive space due to the partition limits Sony has on the system. That means a whole new expansion is pretty much out of the question.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They can't because of the practicality of it. It makes little sense to revamp an 8+ year old game that pretty much has had nearly all the subscribers it will ever have
    EVE Online says differently.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    EVE Online says differently.
    Yeah. I just installed Office 2010 and I have to say, for such an old program, Microsoft Excel sure is spiffy. I'm sure there are other MMOs out there that receive similar revamps successfully.
    (1)

Player
    Gimme a P
    Gimme an S
    Gimme a 2

What do you spell? Fail.
    (21)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast