Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Daynemog
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Meteor should be a tier 3 merited spell.

I think Meteor should have some work you have to put into it to make it one of your most powerful spells.

On the same note I have to say that the prices of spells have gotten way out of hand. Sure you can do Walk of Echoes, but there has to be a reason why everyone is charging so much: low droprate. Adding higher tier meritable spells would solve this and make merits more relevant than the outdated and (nearly) useless AM II spells. (However, since they are raising the merit cap, we may see the full potential of these spells, as most people put 5 levels into Freeze II and Burst II.)

We know S-E is going to be giving an overhaul to merits, so what should we be asking for in the Tier 3 merit category?
    (2)
    Last edited by SirDayne; 10-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Dayne {Ramuh} since 2004. Daynemog {Bahamut} since 2011 [Ramuh->Bahamut merge].

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I don't think that the AM2 is really viable even with 5 merits in each. They would have to make each merit do more.
    The reason spells cost so much: Supply vs Demand simple economics (that and SE has to give the gil sellers something to go after). As far as meteor being merited... I dunno kina torn there I want meteor to be METEOR not some dumbed down waterdown version so making it mertiable and having full merits in it cause hell on the planet! then yes pleases! but if they make it like AM2 then no thanks. Still at lvl 99 (if it is in deed our 99 spell) it should pack a punch!

As for tier 3 category I'lll have to get back to you on that :E
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    A Few things that could be in the tier 3 merits:

Mana Wall recast: each point reduces cool down by 1m fully merited = 5m recast

Mana Wall DmgAbsorb: Each point boosts the absorption ratio

Mana Cede recast: each point reduces cool down by 1m fully merited = 5m recast

Elemental Celerity: Each merit will increase the Casting time reduction by 2.5% ea full 5 merits = 12.5% total reduction in cast time (casting time -12.5%) This would give blm a total of casting time -37.5% at 99 if no other lvl of elemental celerity is given

Anchant Rite: Casting time of Anchant Magic reduced by 10% per merit 5 merits = 50% reduction in casting of Flare, Flood, Quake, Tornado, Freeze, Burst, Comet, and Meteor.

Anchant Rituals: Potency of all Anchant Magics increased by 5 (total 25) and Accuracy increased buy 2 (total 10) per merit point. Effects of Flare/Flare II, Flood/Flood II, Quake/Quake II, Tornado/Tornado II, Freeze/Freeze II, Burst/Burst II, Comet, and Meteor.

mind you I didn't calculate everything exactly as far as anything testing wise BUT! I think these could be fun to have and nothing too overpowered
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah those scroll costs are still pretty high, even after a month. I have all my spells for WHM, BLM, and BRD. Took about 8 million gil to do it, and I waited 3 weeks for the prices to come down. Kinda wish they'd made them questable.
    (1)

The tier 2 merits should never have been spells in the first place. Merits should enhance what we already have spell-wise. Also, yes most people DID got 5.5 bursts 2 and freeze 2, but then any BLM that does voidwatch SHOULD have now dumped some of those merits to unlock every spell for procs... what a pain. SMN was the same, and RDM even worse.
    (0)

Character
    Syrs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think it should require three people to cast just like in the story!

ME!
    TE!
    OR!
    (2)

Character
    Nivlac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Yeah those scroll costs are still pretty high, even after a month. I have all my spells for WHM, BLM, and BRD. Took about 8 million gil to do it, and I waited 3 weeks for the prices to come down. Kinda wish they'd made them questable.
    SE has gotten a bit tooo lazy to make anything questable. which is ashame.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by JovialRat View Post
    SE has gotten a bit tooo lazy to make anything questable. which is ashame.
    I don't think this is strictly true. The quest-writers for SE aren't being lazy. In fact they're probably furiously writing more and more quests every day. The problem that we have, is that they're writing them for FFXIV instead now.
    (3)

Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    tier 2 am is still viable they are cheap mp and mb for good dmg for their mp cost. When it comes down to it when mp:dmg efficiency Tier 2 AM takes the cake.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zemarin View Post
    tier 2 am is still viable they are cheap mp and mb for good dmg for their mp cost. When it comes down to it when mp:dmg efficiency Tier 2 AM takes the cake.
    Only if MB'd. Straight out nuking, Tier 3 > 4 > 5 > AM2.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast