Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my favorite use for our new ability: Spontaneity + Teleport-Altep when someone outlots me in a PUG.

Seriously though, the most interesting things I've done with it are MBing off my own RDM/BLU SCs when messing around soloing, and since I still do Abyssea often, getting that dead guy up in time to get the atma, and speeding up AM procs.

I agree with saevel's power-gamey comment. If I'm really going to get into the coordination of -ja stacking and am supposed to care about surprise MBs in parties, I'll put away the calculator until I can use it every 3-5 minutes. At ten minutes I just don't care.

Until then, I'm waiting for that perfect rage lot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 10-31-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Player
    Think you mean Spontaneity > Warp II.
    (3)

Player
    I do Spontaneity > Teleport-Yhoat when I'm outlotted because I don't have the Gate Crystal so it makes everyone else except me go byebye.
    (5)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Telling ya'll, my most recent usage seems to be in VWNM when ppl need raising. Really handy to assist in getting a bunch of people up after a NM decided to be a cheater. Saves the WHM lots of MP.
    (0)

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I use Spontaneity in Abyssea so our BLM can trigger with Ancient Magic easier
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Orenwald View Post
    I use Spontaneity in Abyssea so our BLM can trigger with Ancient Magic easier
    That's all i use it for too, besides throwing Thunder 4 x 2.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'd like to see a reduction in the recast, before merits. I'd rather have this ability available every 5 minutes than 10, with a 10 second reduction per merit. The current timer leaves why too much separation between uses. And becomes another one of those "I'd rather save it, in case i need it" type of job abilities. Which hinders it's use.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I do Spontaneity > Teleport-Yhoat when I'm outlotted because I don't have the Gate Crystal so it makes everyone else except me go byebye.
    You're my new hero, well as long as you stay on Siren Now If i could only find a way to dump a gate crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Think you mean Spontaneity > Warp II.
    I guess with my normal sub choice that would be right but sometimes my rage requires the whole party to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I'd like to see a reduction in the recast, before merits. I'd rather have this ability available every 5 minutes than 10, with a 10 second reduction per merit. The current timer leaves why too much separation between uses. And becomes another one of those "I'd rather save it, in case i need it" type of job abilities. Which hinders it's use.
    Agreed. It currently has the "I better save it" feel, which plagued 2-hours for me before Abyssea cured me of that. A 5 minute base recast wouldn't hurt anything and would actually let me factor it into normal play.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I wish that Spontaneity came with a MAB and/or MACC bonus so that at least if you botched it and QC a spell in FC gear, it wouldn't be a complete failure.

It would also give incentive to make people use it 'properly' or at all. I wouldn't begrudge having MAB on it as Merit option either.

As it stands, the recast time on it right now is absolute clown shoes.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    If I had blm I wouldn't use Spontaneity very much, and only because I use Rdm for magian trials.

People still plan SCs? Although if I fixed a macro I could attempt that after seeing one.
    ummm yes? sc's can be a huge potential damage out put if closed properly, a job like paladin, where our TP > Damage > Enmity gain will be absloutely miniscule, is extremely suited to setting up skillchains for various jobs. another one would be dancer and samurai since they ALWAYS have TP to burn.

my earnest hope is for the game to get back into SCing and MBing nms. easiest way for this to happen: increase Dropped treasure in porportion to the number of SC's done, or provide a prowess effect akin to the GOV bonuses the more you SC and MB.
    (1)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast