Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

THF meritable 2 Hour

People have mentioned what they propose THF should have as a 2 hour instead of perfect dodge, but they were lost in the middle of other threads.

What would people like to see as the new meritable 2 hour for THF? Assuming that we get only 1.

I'd like to see 30 seconds of permanent sneak attacks. Yes, when used with Bully, this would completely out-do Mighty Stirkes, but I'm:

a) assuming that these meritable 2 hours will be better than the originals;
    b) taking into consideration that Mighty Strikes was VERY useful in MANY situations. PD was EXTREMELY situational. MS has had 10 years of love, how about a little for THF?

There is another twist that's possible, of course:

That we actually get to merit 1 existing 2 hour ability to allow all the other jobs be able to use it, or all jobs get to merit the 2 hour of one other job.

Actually, there's only about 4 2 hours that would ever get used: Manafont, Chainspell, Meikyo Shisui, Hundred fists. And many of them would make no sense for other jobs to have them: astral flow etc.

But post what you would like to see for THF regardless^^
    (0)

I could see our new 2hour giving us 100% Triple Attack for 30 Seconds, That would be nice no?

And no as overpowered as 100% Sneak Attacks >_>

cause you'd have to remember, getting SA bonus on all 5 hits on Dancing edge? evisc? 300% AC Rudra's? The damage would be Brew-level. Entirely too broken even for 30 seconds.

Edit; Not that i don't love the idea of being broken, But i just dont expect it lol
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You guys realize that your 2-hour is going to give you TH12 for 30 seconds, right?
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    You guys realize that your 2-hour is going to give you TH12 for 30 seconds, right?
    Shh! positive posts only please, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I could see our new 2hour giving us 100% Triple Attack for 30 Seconds, That would be nice no?

And no as overpowered as 100% Sneak Attacks >_>

cause you'd have to remember, getting SA bonus on all 5 hits on Dancing edge? evisc? 300% AC Rudra's? The damage would be Brew-level. Entirely too broken even for 30 seconds.

Edit; Not that i don't love the idea of being broken, But i just dont expect it lol
    Oh, I was actually thinking og just every attack acts exactly as if Sneak Attack were active (ie. first hit of each attack round gets the dex bonus only, but other hits are guaranteed to connect).
    Obviously wasn't very clear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 10-21-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    And it'll only count if the mob is killed in that time. And won't work on NMs.

Also, I'm shocked to find out you're a Taru.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Also, I'm shocked to find out you're a Taru.
    Likewise, and also that Karbuncle is a Hume lol.
    Though his avatar does say the char name is darkmessenger, so either Karb was a mule, or a deleted char. (or DM is the mule)
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Tarus are the bestest.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Tarus are the bestest.
    Your head looks like an onion!
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Onions taste better than hair, so I consider myself lucky.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Because it is meritable, I assume that you can only choose one out of a few, probably a shared timer with your primary two hour, and each different two hour allows you to (excuse the wow-term T.T) spec further into a certain role. e.g. Evasion boosts for tanking type, Triple attack boosts for TP type, Crit boosts for heavy DD type, etc. This method further allows you to personalize your job, even though it will inevitably be that we will have a de facto standard. That is my perception.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delvish; 10-23-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast