Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Attachment to rival all others for PUP only players.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm sure someone else has posted this idea before. How about SE makes a special attachment for PUPs, one that will make people who really love PUP and want to play as that only happy people for just a small portion of the game.

SE should make a TH attachment.

BST get TH pets, so why shouldn't PUP's get TH attachments?
    (4)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    And while we're at it, we should get a new animator that gives our Automaton +70 to all stats!

.......oh wait.....Alternator! NVM!
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    And while we're at it, we should get a new animator that gives our Automaton +70 to all stats!

.......oh wait.....Alternator! NVM!
    And that's just the base version
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    And that's just the base version
    You can't augment Alternator, sadly. However, it seems like it does more than just str/dex/vit/agi/int/mnd/chr +70 if the recent nuke reports are true.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Ryolen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    From my understanding it's +70 to Attack Eva Def Acc Macc Mab too
    (0)

Player
    Disclaimer: I've been testing Alternator for past two days, but I play on XBOX360 so I don't have fancy shmancy programs...

-Automaton: STR+70 DEX+70 AGI+70 VIT+70 MND+70 INT+70 CHR+70 MAB+40 (Confirmed)
    -And as a result also: ATK+~35 ACC+~35 EVA+~35 DEF+~35 MAB+40 MACC+~35 RACC+~35 RATT+~35 Cure potency bonus, crit rate bonus, accuracy of white magic enfeebles, and magic defense against offensive white/black magic (As a result of INT/MND+70) etc. (Based on how these stats effect players)
    -Increase in Automaton base melee and ranged attack damage.

*The stat bonuses don't show up until the automaton is activated.
    *Enthunder/Blaze Spikes damage of Volt Gun/Reactive Shield are increased (Enthunder does 100+ dmg with 3 maneuvers).
    *Definite increase in Automaton WS/Nuking damage .
    *Significant Increase in melee and ranged attack damage (about double).

Personal Notes regarding ongoing RME vs Adoulin Wpn debate:

*Kenkonken works especially well with Alternator for increasing DPS of melee pets. Landed 2500 to 3000 dmg String Shredders on Tough Chapulis in Yahse. (+1 point for RME)

*Rigor Baghnakhs increase overall DPS when using Mage-Type Automatons (WHM/RDM specifically) (+1 for Adoulin Wpn)

*If there is indeed an increase into base damage then this could change what we think we know about animators, and in fact Deluxe Animator might be better than we previously thought. Furthermore, Alternator can also be used to glean into how Automaton WSs and certain attachments may work!

(Really depends on how you play, although if you don't have mythic, Rigor Baghnakhs is without a doubt the best choice save for the other +146 dmg wpn)

Verdict: Alternator is definitely a MUST-have for Puppetmasters.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nezha; 05-09-2013 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Updating Findings

Quote Originally Posted by Nezha View Post
    Disclaimer: I've been testing Alternator for past two days, but I play on XBOX360 so I don't have fancy shmancy programs...

Automaton: STR+70 DEX+70 AGI+70 VIT+70 MND+70 INT+70 CHR+70 (Confirmed)
    And as a result also: ATK+35 ACC+35 EVA+35 DEF+35 MAB+35 MACC+35 RACC+35 RATT+35 Cure potency bonus, crit rate bonus, accuracy of white magic enfeebles, and magic defense against offensive white/black magic etc. (Based on how these stats effect players)

*The stat bonuses don't show up until the automaton is activated.
    *Enthunder/Blaze Spikes damage of Volt Gun/Reactive Shield are increased (Enthunder does 100+ dmg with 3 maneuvers).
    *Definite increase in Automaton WS/Nuking damage .

Personal Notes regarding ongoing RME vs Adoulin Wpn debate:

*Kenkonken works especially well with Alternator for increasing DPS of melee pets. Landed 2500-3000 dmg String Shredders on Tough Chapulis in Yahse. (+1 point for RME)

*Rigor Baghnakhs increase overall DPS when using Mage-Type Automatons (WHM/RDM specifically) (+1 for Adoulin Wpn)

(Really depends on how you play, although if you don't have mythic, Rigor Baghnakhs is without a doubt the best choice save for the other +146 dmg wpn)

Verdict: Alternator is definitely a MUST-have for Puppetmasters.
    Keep in mind that while str/dex/vit/agi do map cleanly, INT/MND do NOT necessarily mean MAB+35 and Macc+35 in the same fashion. I have absolutely no idea how M.acc is calculated, other than that it's not nearly as cut and dry as physical or ranged acc, but I know with MAB, it and INT are two separate entities, and the only increase they have is indirectly or relative (ie: at a certain point, adding 10int is relatively the same as adding 5 mab, but at other points, adding 10 int is like adding 10 mab. It depends on the target's INT and m.def, and the spell being cast, and a number of other variables).

Also, +70 str and +35 atk from it are not enough to see a MASSIVE increase in string shredder damage (I have no idea how much it does w/o alternator on the same targets, since I haven't even activated SoA yet), though it should be sizable. I'd need to know your attachment set up and how much you do w/o the animator, as well as what aftermath specifically you're using. If the damage is over a thousand higher, there's a lot more at play than just the str and atk, which means the animator may have a hidden flat increase to pet damage/ws damage.

edit: It's MAB+40, apparently, from the nuke testing being done.
    (1)
    Last edited by Theytak; 05-08-2013 at 03:42 AM.
    Siren Server since 2004
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Player
    I was using AM3, but I'll play around with some controls i.e. no attachments or pet stat armor beside Alternator and Kenkonken with and without AM and with and without Alternator.
    (0)

Player
    I want to report there must be some kind of base damage increase... Valoredges melee damage average nearly doubled in comparison to using animator +1 and Sharpshots ranged attack damage without a doubt doubled... Because STR+70 ATT+35 can't account for that... There is DEFINITELY more than just all stats+70! Which leads me to believe that possibly animators in general give you pet a base damage boost and therefore deluxe animator might be better than animator+1... Though I always believed the opposite especially due to the HP/MP bonus...

I definitely want to hear from other pups to see if they can replicate my findings..
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezha; 05-09-2013 at 01:14 AM.

If there's a big boost to flat damage, it should be really easy to test against bunnies outside of sandy.

Sub blm, cast choke to floor their vit, make sure sharpshot has >101 STR, and then give me the numbers of the ranged attacks, both with and without the alternator (and make sure you specify what all you and the puppet are wearing). Basically, I just need sharpshots str, dex, and ranged skill, and the damage done.
    (2)
    Siren Server since 2004

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast