Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

whm +2 set augment

is this actually helpful in any situation? say its not often some mob casts a spell and theres only a 5% chance to nullify the element, it would be nicer if it cured the player of the dmg amount but still i dont see this procing often. also can this be macroed in or do you need to keep the set worn for the procs to count?
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    is this actually helpful in any situation? say its not often some mob casts a spell and theres only a 5% chance to nullify the element, it would be nicer if it cured the player of the dmg amount but still i dont see this procing often. also can this be macroed in or do you need to keep the set worn for the procs to count?
    Seeing that it effects everyone they could only really do it by making it need to be worn on barspell cast.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yes, it is a party-wide effect, so it only applies to the spell as it's cast. You can swap gear after casting.

Does anyone know roughly about how much % the set will trigger based on 2, 3, 4, and all 5 pieces? I only have 2 +2 pieces but sometimes it triggers often, and sometimes it doesn't trigger at all. I'm going to guess maybe 3, 6, 8, and 10%, respectively, but if anyone has any hardcore testing to share, be my guest!
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I think the full set is 10%. Don't know about how it's split though.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I think the full set is 10%. Don't know about how it's split though.
    Probably 1% with two pieces, 2% with 3, 5% with 4, 10% with full set.
    (0)

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    It's 2%/4%/6%/10%, according to motenten's maths and parses (posted on FFxiAH, whm forum)
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    thats ok then and i thought it would have been a stupid 5% proc rate, like how it seem with most jobs, im now 5/5 +2 sets on smn and blm, is this 10% proc rates also or a 5% proc?
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

The proc rate seems to depend on the type of set it is. Mnk/War/Thf, which are a proc of a proc (ie: only activate on kicks/DAs/TAs) seem to get 10% at 5/5. Drk/Pup/Drg which give a constant bonus based on pet HP seem to be 5%. Pld's damage absorption is 5% (affects all damage), while whm's barspell damage nulling is 10%. Based on that, I would guess that smn and blm get the 10% rate (only proc on Conserve MP or Blood Boon).

Also, based on mnk parses, the sets with a 10% cap probably scale at 2/4/7/10 rather than 2/4/6/10.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Body hands and feet are macro only anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Really depends what you're fighting. I have 2 barspells sets, 1 for max number and the other which just equips 5/5.

For stuff like higher tier voidwatch you're not going to resist anything with barspells alone, you're casting it mainly for the MDB bonuses WHM can get. Best to just go 5/5 and try and get a 0 damage proc.

For lower level things and on the rare occasions you're aiming to resist (carols/gear etc.) then I'll use things like Cleric's Pantaloons+1 to try and get it as high as possible.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast