Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Qiqirnmercenary
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Where's our Relic...?

Relic weapons were added around the time of 2006, which is also around the time of the ToAU expansion release date, while WoTG was released Mid-November 2007.

So here's my question: Could the ToAU and WoTG jobs get a relic at last? I could understand if Dancer and Scholar got a relic as they participated in the Great Crystal War, but Aht Urghan wasn't on the campaign map and/or they didn't really participate in the Great Crystal War.

I know that all jobs have their strengths and weaknesses, and that some jobs (like BLU for example) can overcome other jobs, be it through job abilities, magic capabilities, etc, but all jobs should have the equal respect they deserve.

Sidenote:
    I know this was brought up by a few users including Sehachan from Phoenix (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11674-Relic-weapons-for-all-jobs.)
    so I really don't need to say much more, but at some point during my time in FFXI I would like to at least leave the game with an achievement, namely a relic/mythic, but not one for a job I am going to rarely play cause that's just a waste of time.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think relic weapons were around a year earlier than you stated.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If anything, the most likely thing to happen would be for those jobs to be tapped onto the pre-existing weapons. For BLU that would be Excalibur, which is currently a subpar weapon to the Almace.

Why not just make an empyrean instead?
    (1)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Excalibur<<<< Shamshir<<< Tizona <<<<< Almace

Excalibur is just garbage tbh, I just iwhs they made Tizona extremely interesting.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    Wut, have you looked at Excal's stats? You do know you don't have to use KOR, right? You do know it has the second highest base damage of those 4, higher +attack, and additional effect/Hidden damage boost right?

Seriously as awful as KOR is you don't know wtf you're talking about rating it below an elemental Shamshir.
    (4)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-22-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Excalibur<<<< Shamshir<<< Tizona <<<<< Almace

Excalibur is just garbage tbh, I just iwhs they made Tizona extremely interesting.
    Incorrect scaling, don't take this persons advice since he can't be bothered to prove why these tiers work and is still incorrect after factoring everything. Assuming that for some odd reason SE let blu use relic (highly doubtful).....

In raw dot (no aftermath state and in main hand)

#1.)Excalibur (17.77DPS+Add effect that deals slashing damage equal to 1/4 HP+ x2.5 hidden at ~15% activation rate at 95 (All additional stats do not work in offhand))
    #2.)Almace (17.68DPS No other add effect without aftermath)
    #3.)Tizona (15.76 DPS Occ. replenishes MP varied on dmg dealt)
    #4.)Shamsir +3 (14.87 DPS no other effect)

The only exception to this is in aftermath state where Almace is granted ODD at any tp%, and only if Tizona has Lv3 Aftermath, which still doesn't raise it very high in overall source damage. In raw damage though that is when Almace and Tizona overtake Excalibur (assuming a 50/30/20 single/double/triple rate on 95 tizona aftermath).

In terms of all source damage is when Almace takes hold of first definitively. Due to the advantages of excal always active attributes compared to tizona's Aftermath requirements (use of expiacion at 300%) it comes down to situational practice on which holds 2nd. In all honesty I'd need more data to place 2nd and 3rd appropriately, but Shamsir+3 still remains dead last as it only offers +vairiable additional stats/effect depending on which you made. This even assumes a blu using spells as supplemental damage in a melee capable situation since the occ mp return on tizona overshadows +stat mods in the long haul also.

The exception to this statement only comes if the blu can not actually melee, then +att/hidden/add effects/aftermath all go out the window and it comes down to which gives stats for casting spells straight out where both tizona and excalibur will fall dead last leaving almace and shamshir in the lead due to +stats. This is the only conclusion I can come up to for excal being dead last on his list, but even then tizona would be right there with it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 10-23-2011 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Corrected some numbers and amended some statements.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Incorrect scaling, don't take this persons advice since he can't be bothered to prove why these tiers work and is still incorrect after factoring everything. Assuming that for some odd reason SE let blu use relic (highly doubtful).....

In raw dot (no aftermath state and in main hand)

#1.)Excalibur (17.77DPS+Add effect that deals slashing damage equal to 1/4 HP+ x2.5 hidden at ~15% activation rate at 95 (All additional stats do not work in offhand))
    #2.)Almace (17.68DPS No other add effect without aftermath)
    #3.)Tizona (15.76 DPS Occ. replenishes MP varied on dmg dealt)
    #4.)Shamsir +3 (14.87 DPS no other effect)

The only exception to this is in aftermath state where Almace is granted ODD at any tp%, and only if Tizona has Lv3 Aftermath, which still doesn't raise it very high in overall source damage. In raw damage though that is when Almace and Tizona overtake Excalibur (assuming a 50/30/20 single/double/triple rate on 95 tizona aftermath).

In terms of all source damage is when Almace takes hold of first definitively. Due to the advantages of excal always active attributes compared to tizona's Aftermath requirements (use of expiacion at 300%) it comes down to situational practice on which holds 2nd. In all honesty I'd need more data to place 2nd and 3rd appropriately, but Shamsir+3 still remains dead last as it only offers +vairiable additional stats/effect depending on which you made. This even assumes a blu using spells as supplemental damage in a melee capable situation since the occ mp return on tizona overshadows +stat mods in the long haul also.

The exception to this statement only comes if the blu can not actually melee, then +att/hidden/add effects/aftermath all go out the window and it comes down to which gives stats for casting spells straight out where both tizona and excalibur will fall dead last leaving almace and shamshir in the lead due to +stats. This is the only conclusion I can come up to for excal being dead last on his list, but even then tizona would be right there with it.
    He had mostly correct scaling, I'm not sure about Tizona compared to Excal as they can't be used on the same jobs. But Almace DESTROYS every other sword in the game, hands down no question asked. The actual scaling should be
    Almace > Badelair > everything else.

The reason for this is CDC. CDC is one of the best WS's you can get for a few reasons. First being its 4.25 (2.25 + 2) worth of fTP without off hand, with off hand your talking 5.25 worth of fTP. Next the WSC is 60% DEX and it's a critical hit WS. As you stack DEX your dDEX goes up, once you pass +40 (40 higher then targets AGI) the next 10 DEX will give you 1% crit rate each, thus its easy to cap crit rate using a DEX WS.

Put all these together and CDC smash's anything vorpal, KoTR or Expacion can do, the difference is so great that it easily makes up for the add effect on Excal. That add effect btw has a low proc rate, really low as in 5% low. The ODD on Almace you can keep up by spamming the best sword WS in the game, thus it needs to be accounted for.

That all being said, BLU should of been added to Excal out of principal.

And honestly, all the special WS's should be made permanently available through quests you do after obtaining the weapon.
    (0)

Player
    On harder mobs (never gonna cap dDEX etc.) Excal fares better but last I checked it was losing to Almace, but that was not considering the additional effect/ODD boost (Almace's wasn't considered either though).
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    On harder mobs (never gonna cap dDEX etc.) Excal fares better but last I checked it was losing to Almace, but that was not considering the additional effect/ODD boost (Almace's wasn't considered either though).
    My RDM can hit 140+ DEX, BLU's can surpass that easily. Your going to cap dDex on most VWNM's btw. Bravers + Atmacite pretty much guarantee's that.

So .. what exactly wont' you be capping dDex on again? Not too many things outside abyssea with 110+ AGI.
    (1)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    My RDM can hit 140+ DEX, BLU's can surpass that easily. Your going to cap dDex on most VWNM's btw. Bravers + Atmacite pretty much guarantee's that.

So .. what exactly wont' you be capping dDex on again? Not too many things outside abyssea with 110+ AGI.
    loooooooooool no
    (4)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast