Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I'm fairly sure Af3+2 body is better than Loki's for Jin, just a head's up. If you don't have +2, Loki's is a lot easier to get and will last you fine until then.
    I actually changed from Loki's to Ningi +2, and honestly didn't see much of a difference one way or the other. Jin ws damage has always seemed a little too inconsistant to me, so it was hard to tell.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My setup before I got a Kannagi. Note my weapons were either Sekka+2/Hochomasamune (defensive) or Hochomasamune/Kamome (offensive) at the time.

Weapon 1 / Weapon 2 / Ranged Empty / Qirmiz Tathlum
    Aias Bonnet / Breeze Gorget / Brutal Earring / Triumph Earring
    Iga Ningi +2 / Ample Gloves* / Rajas Ring / Pyrosoul Ring**
    Atheling Mantle / Warwolf Belt*** / Tumbler Trunks / Iga Kyahan +2

*Personally did not like the -DEX and -acc on a multi-hit WS from Heafoc though I never did the math so this could possibly be the lesser option. 13 STR, -4 DEX and -8 acc versus +5 STR/DEX, really up to you on that one. If your acc is good, prolly Heafoc is better.
    **Epona's may be better, never personally tested it. I'm a stickler for stat mods.
    **This should probably be a Breeze Belt, which I did not have at the time.

Edit @Tamoa:

I used both as well, and not only found more consistency via AF3+2, but that acc might make up for Heafoc Mitts.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Greetings!

Don't mind me, I'm just going to move this over to the Ninja job forum!

Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience!

-=Game Master Emdub=-
    (1)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    major pb for the OP's gearest: lack of accuracy. Should use about the same accuracy as you use for TP. Post your TP so we can compare. But that helm your are using is really bad or just situational. You have -20 acc on the head and like -20 on the body too. -??? on necklace, -8 on feet etc so it looke to be -50 acc or worse. If we were still @90 cap you would not cap weaponskill accuracy on Heroes NMs for example, with meat ( since cruor buffs + atma dex are about +120 dex max, i.e 60 acc).
    (1)
    Last edited by Monchat; 10-21-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I'm fairly sure Af3+2 body is better than Loki's for Jin, just a head's up. If you don't have +2, Loki's is a lot easier to get and will last you fine until then.
    People tend to say, "out crit rate, in crit dmg." So by that yes, the EMPYREAN+2 body would be better because of the rate+. Crit dmg wont do you any good if you don't, you know, crit.
    Been using Senjuinrikio out and Kamome in, but realy that more of me not wanting to let go of the damn thing. lol
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnakey View Post
    So I was wondering what a good blade jin set up was. Here is mine. Tell me what to change/fix.
    My Jin setup atm, which is far from being perfect, is:

Head: Moogle
    Body: Iga+2
    Hands: Bkote
    Legs: Usukane
    Feet: Iga+2
    Neck: Gorget
    Earrings: Brutal/Centaurus
    Rings: Epona/Rajas
    Waist: Anguinus Belt
    Back: Atheling

Some comments:
    Vhelm is the best damage wise, but it's gonna hurt your accuracy a lot. Don't think you can realistically use it outside of Abyssea. Moogle is really nice, another good option is Aias I guess.
    Iga+2 body > Loki's, unless your crit rate is capped which shouldn't be pretty common.
    Augmented Byakko's Haidate >>> Everything else for legs.
    Rager Ledelsens should be another pretty good option for feet, maybe even better than Iga+2?
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    You know what is funny though? I see more damage with my blade Jin with kannagi then other katanas I had before it. You don't really need a ws set for Jin. It has to be the most random ws ever. Before kannagi I would see 3k ws with just af3 +2.
    A few weeks ago, in Abyssea, I did a 6,8k Jin o.O
    Probably double TA proc and crit on all hits, but still I was pretty amazed, my averages inside Aby are probably below 3k.

As for Jin being better than Hi outside sorry but I dissent. Hi is much more consistant damage compared to the randomness of Jin. On some mobs it does insane damages that Jin will never reach, and it procs an awesome Aftermath.
    (no, I don't have Kannagi myself, but pretending Jin to be better seems to me like trying to convince others to convince one's self)
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What are people using for thier off hand?
    Edit: Or weapons in general for that matter?
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I'm not entirely decided on which and what yet but I currently use Kamome for Abyssea and Ban for outside.
    (0)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I mostly offhand Kamome inside Abyssea (hardly ever do anything with more than NIN + WHM + BLM/THF) and Oirandori in Voidwatch for the benefits to my alliance, if I wanted to boost my own damage I'd favor Kamome again. Innin + Champion's Tonic + high WS rate makes critdmg relatively valuable for a non-Abyssea situation and the high WS rate also devalues offhand base damage. I also have an AGI Sekka that doesn't get much use anymore (nothing in Abyssea needs it now, don't tank anything relatively new outside Abyssea so eva isn't an issue) and may make STR/DEX Sekkas to offhand at 99 cap.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nightfyre; 10-27-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast