Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    fraps was recommended, and i dont think you could compete using off screen footage vs everyoone else using ingame recording.

as for the parser argument, you aren't giving yourself a distinct advantage over other players. you are merely recording data. there is no distinct difference between someone who parses and someone who doesn't, other than knowledge on how you performed in a fight.
    (0)

The only thing is I'm unsure if you can run the parser without windower, if you can I'd say give it a look. If you can't and you require windower then it's up to you. They do do a windower lite, which doesn't have any of the plugins or features, but as far as your philosophy it is a 3rd party tool, and although you choose not to make it affect your game play, there option is there, I can understand if you didn't take it.

Not saying I run windower, it'd be dumb to admit the use of 3rd party tools on the official forum >.>. Assume everything above was made on the assumptions of "If we used XYZ we could do ABC".
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    you can run it without
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    In the end, what matters is your conscience and that only. If you think you have an unfair advantage over others and that bothers you, then don't use it. If you don't mind an unfair advantage, as long as it's not competitive (claimbots, fleehacks, wallhacks, etc.), then that's ok too. If you don't mind an unfair advantage at all, that's your choice as well. Just need to make up your mind about what kind of person you want to be, the rules rarely matter. Breaking rules is not necessarily bad, they're not an universal doctrine for good behaviour, they're just an approximation proposed by some SE employees. You can follow the rules and still be a dick and you can break them and still be a good person. Law doesn't equal justice and it never did. You can follow rules if you agree with them, but if you blindly follow them, then you missed the point.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Now, if only more Rngs knew and understood this. Would make for a lot less crappy RNGs out there.
    Wasn't this discovered back in 2005? lol
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiya View Post
    It is still against the ToS though, regardless of how harmless and useful it is. To Annahya, the problem with trying to find a source is this information is extremely old. I actually think it may even be older than the wiki itself; when the original testing was done. If anything I would suggest trying allakhazam(if it still exists.)
    Also the reason third party tools are against ToS is because people were using scripts and we asked SE to ban bot use. Know what they did? They banned any and everything just to shut us up. True story. Ask anyone who's been around for a while what the Special Task Force Unit that was formed (in the same announcement mind you) has done and how their stance on windower use has changed over time.
    (0)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    Yea, it's more like a buried knowledge than a new discovery.

Probably if people remember about "which katana to main-hand on NIN? Senjuinrikio or Fudo?" that were asked numerous time to the point people went /facepalm or notto dis sitto ageen whenever the question was asked, you know how people take it as a general knowledge back in that day.
    (0)

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    I have yet to see a RNG with Jupiter's staff so there can't be too many out there. There's hardly any RNG's out there at all these days.
    If you are going to carp on RNG's for something, why not use the old standby, "Quit using cheap ammo!". You're more likely to see a RNG using Demon arrows than a RNG usng Jupiters staff.
    On Quetz and on Carbuncle I've seen numerous people use Jupiters Staff and they tell me I'm wrong when I try explain to them that the Crit incrase Crit only applies to the main weapon. Some people just don't want to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    And yet, here we are.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3