Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Now, if only more Rngs knew and understood this. Would make for a lot less crappy RNGs out there.
    I have yet to see a RNG with Jupiter's staff so there can't be too many out there. There's hardly any RNG's out there at all these days.
    If you are going to carp on RNG's for something, why not use the old standby, "Quit using cheap ammo!". You're more likely to see a RNG using Demon arrows than a RNG usng Jupiters staff.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    rng forums on ffxiah are a source. also random question thread on BG (after using search function). there may also be a critical hit rate test thread on bg or AH somewhere. my source of the info comes from knowing how the senj-katana works (ie. not in off hand for ws)
    Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the info.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Crit damage: Fire some shots at lvl 1 mobs and record criticals. Equip crit damage yatagans, shoot more and record numbers. ranged damage is very consistant, it'll be easy to spot.
    Crit rate: Open parser, fight in an exp party for a while without Thunder Staff, note crit rate. Reset parse, repeat with thunder staff equipped. If it worked it would be very noticible on the parse.
    Appreciate the suggestion - though damage I didn't have a question on. I don't use a parser, however, so unfortunately the second part would be difficult. Again, thank you for the suggestions, though.
    (0)
    "Play the way you want and have a good time - but understand that your performance can have an effect on the fun of others. Be effective for those counting on you, and never lose sight of the fact that enjoyment for yourself and others is the ultimate goal."

If you are on a PC it wouldn't be difficult. It is not remotely complicated. The best and most maintained parser is kparser, google it and you can download it from a googledocs site. Unzip it and run the program whilst FFXI is running. Click Windows and select "Offence" tab. Click "start dfault parse". It's really that simple.
    (0)

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    If you are on a PC it wouldn't be difficult. It is not remotely complicated. The best and most maintained parser is kparser, google it and you can download it from a googledocs site. Unzip it and run the program whilst FFXI is running. Click Windows and select "Offence" tab. Click "start dfault parse". It's really that simple.
    I appreciate the heads up, and a couple LSmates have been trying to get me to for a while - but it is not that I cannot, or don't know how, but rather because I choose not to use 3rd party programs like Windower and parsers. Certainly useful info for others, though - so thank you again.
    (0)
    "Play the way you want and have a good time - but understand that your performance can have an effect on the fun of others. Be effective for those counting on you, and never lose sight of the fact that enjoyment for yourself and others is the ultimate goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Annahya View Post
    I appreciate the heads up, and a couple LSmates have been trying to get me to for a while - but it is not that I cannot, or don't know how, but rather because I choose not to use 3rd party programs like Windower and parsers. Certainly useful info for others, though - so thank you again.
    Windower I guess I can understand, but all parsers is helping you do is not having to record on pen and paper how many crits you did.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    wasn't hear when that was added. but still I think gear swaping is stupid. That is my opinion, anfd I have the right to say it. If you care to insult me over my opinion then you just prove how childish you are
    Translation: I'm rubber and you're glue, everything bounces off of me and sticks to you, you noob brat gear swapping elitist soloists.

Character
    Lumiya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    It is still against the ToS though, regardless of how harmless and useful it is. To Annahya, the problem with trying to find a source is this information is extremely old. I actually think it may even be older than the wiki itself; when the original testing was done. If anything I would suggest trying allakhazam(if it still exists.)
    (0)

On the scale of good to bad 3rd party tools, it ranks up there close to Fraps. You remember fraps? By definition it's a 3rd party tool which is against SE's ToS, and yet it was required to enter that FFXI video contest they did a few years back.
    (1)

Kparser is no more a 3rd party tool than FFXIAH is. They both take information from the game and make it easily accessable.

You use FFXIAH don't you?
    (2)

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    On the scale of good to bad 3rd party tools, it ranks up there close to Fraps. You remember fraps? By definition it's a 3rd party tool which is against SE's ToS, and yet it was required to enter that FFXI video contest they did a few years back.
    That is interesting - it seems that while any program that records information between SE and the user is against the ToS, they have established a precedent that they only are interested in enforcing this restriction when it is something that directly impacts your play, and the advantage you have over other players (Spellcast, et al.).

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Kparser is no more a 3rd party tool than FFXIAH is. They both take information from the game and make it easily accessable. You use FFXIAH don't you?
    I do, so I suppose this is the inappropriate gray area in my stance - I am interested in reading parsed data, and I do use FFXIAH, so I suppose my stance on 3rd party tools is a touch hypocritical.

These things considered, I may start using kparser, as I would really to examine my own performance with a tool like this. We will see. Thank you all for the info, regardless.
    (1)

Character
    Lumiya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    I kind of have to do disagree with this. There is a difference in the comparison. In one example, a website that I have no affiliation with is pulling information from the game and posting it on the internet, whether I use it or not. In the other, I am running the program that is pulling information from the game, for my own personal benefit. It is all irrelevant to me though, I play on PS2 these days, so any third party tool use is impossible.

Edit: To noodles, I also don't ever remember a contest where SE told people to violate their ToS. I will admit I've never payed much attention to contests, but you are saying a digital camera+tripod would of made your video submission inelidgable? It had to be done using fraps?
    (0)
    Last edited by Lumiya; 11-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast