Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

New RDM 2h

The new RDM 2h next year- idea?

maybe aura all rdm buffs for 3 min. or

Reflekt spell in that time... or or^^
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Is it going to be new 2hour's or is it going to be the ability to add upgrades to the current 2 hour abilities?

I'm thinking up graded version would be the ideal thing to do. Increase time duration, conserve mp bonus, MAB bonus, magical accuracy or crit hit bonus while under the effect. There could be a lot of ways to go with this.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any aura stuff tho. RDM's role atm is to increase duration of buffs. not to walk around a glowing buff factory. If anything I'd rather see more duration thrown in and more increases to there strengths such as stronger phalanx and stone skin or maybe even an increase to the amount of blink shadows.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Don't want a new two-hour move. Sorry, the current ones for the most part suck, why would I want to merit an under-powered ability.

I'm no fan of waiting two-hours to use a JA that lasts 30+ seconds.
    (1)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I'm no fan of waiting two-hours to use a JA that lasts 30+ seconds.
    30 seconds is a decent amount of time to pop off a chainspell and add in some decent damage. During VW runs ill normally pop a fanatic's and chainspell nuke anything thats giving us problems. And sometimes just for the hell of it. Being able to modify chain spell threw merits would be great "if" there's decent enough perks for doing it. I would also hope that SE would ad this into it own merit group category with multiple ways to adjust it.

I get the idea that you don't use your 2 hour very often due to the recast time. But I think you should take some time and find decent situation to use it. 8k to 20k in nuke damage on a VW fight isn't anything to stick your nose up at.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    30 seconds is a decent amount of time to pop off a chainspell and add in some decent damage. During VW runs ill normally pop a fanatic's and chainspell nuke anything thats giving us problems. And sometimes just for the hell of it. Being able to modify chain spell threw merits would be great "if" there's decent enough perks for doing it. I would also hope that SE would ad this into it own merit group category with multiple ways to adjust it.

I get the idea that you don't use your 2 hour very often due to the recast time. But I think you should take some time and find decent situation to use it. 8k to 20k in nuke damage on a VW fight isn't anything to stick your nose up at.
    When I fight NM's and such I don't fight it just once, so for me Chainspell is utterly useless. The only use it ever had for me was Chainspell > Raise is the 75 cap.
    (0)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    When I fight NM's and such I don't fight it just once, so for me Chainspell is utterly useless. The only use it ever had for me was Chainspell > Raise is the 75 cap.
    So your saying for one fight it's not worth it to you to pop out chain spell and add in some damage? Just because afterwards you won't be able to do it for the next fight. I mean, it's there, why not use it. I've seen how useful a chain spell raise can be in a pinch, but I wouldn't sit on my 2 hr just in case that scenario comes up. And if getting your 2hr back up is an issue you can always pop over to abyssea rf and use a revitalizer. Normally in a VW event you have 5 to 10 minutes after a fight to run around if needed while ppl recover. Couldn't imagine any one would have a problem with it if you quick about it. You know the thing is if your not using it, it is a waste.
    (0)

Player
    Most are lackluster now (and even back then) but at 75 cap 2 hours had a 'too awesome to use' feel going for them, hence even if a situation warranted it, some people wouldn't use it. Mentality is hard to break after all.
    (0)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Most are lackluster now (and even back then) but at 75 cap 2 hours had a 'too awesome to use' feel going for them, hence even if a situation warranted it, some people wouldn't use it. Mentality is hard to break after all.
    Yeah I know what your talking about. Abyssea broke me of that. Now all I do is look for reason to use it where its useful.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    So your saying for one fight it's not worth it to you to pop out chain spell and add in some damage? Just because afterwards you won't be able to do it for the next fight. I mean, it's there, why not use it. I've seen how useful a chain spell raise can be in a pinch, but I wouldn't sit on my 2 hr just in case that scenario comes up. And if getting your 2hr back up is an issue you can always pop over to abyssea rf and use a revitalizer. Normally in a VW event you have 5 to 10 minutes after a fight to run around if needed while ppl recover. Couldn't imagine any one would have a problem with it if you quick about it. You know the thing is if your not using it, it is a waste.
    It's useless even in places like Abyssea where your MP is fine for almost all cases. But you chainspell -> nuke and that MP dies real quick.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Can't say I'm a fan of 2hour abilities given the cooldown, but Runic comes to mind. Since it would essentially be the same thing as Chainstun on a magic casting mob that is Chainspelling I don't see it being too bad.

Of course, I'd rather this ability be usable more often then every two hours, but if it was the only way for it to make it into the game...
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast