Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Party Support, LET'S DO IT

Throwing out some ideas I've had for party support spells and a (probably overpowered) ability:

Float (25MP, Recast 1:00, Cast time 0.5 sec, Duration 5 seconds. Enhancing Magic, Party Target)
    Prevents Severe Physical Damage (think Migawari, but limited to Physical moves)

Concept: Since RDM isn't getting Flash or Stun anytime soon , a defensive spell that requires reflexes to make useful that will be useful to both PLD and NIN tanks without completely eclipsing Migawari. The fun of stunning, but without removing any potential appeal of /BLM.

Subterfuge (70MP, Recast 0:45, Cast time 3.0 sec. Enfeebling Magic, Party Target)
    Moves a negative status effect off the target party member and onto the enemy.

Concept: If unresisted, transfers a debuff from the targeted party member to that party member's battle target (same targeting mechanics as /assist). If resisted (some status effects will probably always be resisted on NMs, such as Petrify), has a chance to remove the status effect anyway.

Alternate Concept: Puts up a Dread Spikes-esque effect on the party member that transfers debuffs from the party member to the enemy each strike. Lasts for variable amount of hits, based on casting skill (similar to Aquaveil's variable number of interrupt preventions based on skill).

Suspend ((Merit Category 3?) Job Ability, Recast 15:00, Instant, Duration 15 seconds, Self Target)
    Terrorizes everything (including mobs and alliance members) in range (30' Sphere) except the RDM for 15 seconds, but puts Amnesia on the RDM for the duration of the terror effect.

Concept: RDM is known for casting spells quickly; in this case, they cast so quickly that time itself crawls to a halt for everyone but them for a short duration. The idea is for an emergency JA used to try to prevent an incoming disaster, or to recover after a devastating attack against an alliance, but as it's meant for casting spells, not to use Job Abilities (and to prevent Suspend + Chainspell abuse), justification can be that JAs can't be used when time has stopped. The terror effect should not act as a Stun against enemy TP moves being readied when the JA is used (they should go off as normal when the Terror effect ends).
    (0)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've always imagined Float as the polar opposite of Gravity: an increase to evasion and movement speed. It would be a cold day in hell before SE gives RDM a native movement speed buff though. lol
    (1)
    What is the Cure released five red forehead and I agree.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If it mirrored Mazurka, Fleet Wind, or Bolter's Roll, I don't really see why not. Though, that kind of eliminates the +evasion component if it wears on attacks or being attacked.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Now SCH gets Regen IV and are going to get V, can RDM have Regen III.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    If it mirrored Mazurka, Fleet Wind, or Bolter's Roll, I don't really see why not. Though, that kind of eliminates the +evasion component if it wears on attacks or being attacked.
    Could be solved by making the spell give two separate status effects. One evasion-up and one quickening, where only quickening would wear off upon being attacked. Or just make it only an evasion boost, which is still very nice.

I think this spell as an evasion boost is a good idea anyway, and would be a very nice buff to put on evasion tanks against very accurate mobs. I think perhaps an evasion boost of 20-30 would be fair. This would lead to a 10-15% lower hit rate for the mob. If you compare this to Shell Vs -17% magic damage taken, I think it isn't too overpowered. Maybe the amount of evasion gained should be based on enhancing skill, with a lower limit of 5-10%

And yes, I think rdm should get even regen 4.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-20-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    And then blind too would be a bit more worth casting in conjunction with this as they would compliment one another.
    (0)

Didn't float in previous FFs actually make you float, and therefore immune to earth elemental attacks?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Didn't float in previous FFs actually make you float, and therefore immune to earth elemental attacks?
    Yeah, but it wouldn't fit FFXI's theme, so Evasion still tips on the style of float in that something will miss.
    (0)

Inb4 Arch-Odin kills all players who do not have the status effect "Float" active when using Ragnarok Zantetsuken at 10% HP.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Inb4 Arch-Odin kills all players who do not have the status effect "Float" active when using Ragnarok Zantetsuken at 10% HP.
    On that note, does Scherzo/Migawari prevent Zantetsuken from K.O.ing you on Avatar/Einherjar Odin? (Never have done either)
    (0)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast