Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    You guys are so lucky. I came back and did voidwatch for like a week with some old friends and got absolutely nothing. so I quit the game again out of frustration.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You won't get it right away unless you are lucky enough. The content is designed as a repeat grind, and it has no measured progression to speak of, just a good old boss battle and hope for the best. That's pretty much how it is now with all new contents - weapon and gear grinds.
    (1)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm glad you cleared that up. I don't think the point got across properly in 18 pages of thread.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Something that is perhaps not mentioned enough in this thread is that one of the, if not the main reason the drop rates sting so much (at least for me) is that Voidwatch is brilliantly-executed and fun as hell otherwise; I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the closest FFXI has ever gotten to...getting itself right, I guess? It combines the scope and tenor of classic FFXIing with the accessibility of the past few years. SE has gotten about as close as anybody's going to get to Monster Hunter in a non-hotkey MMORPG and I cannot say how many ways in which that just rules.

The really frustrating thing is that SE's just recently demonstrated how easy it is to put a redemption system in without cheapening the content: they did it with Nyzul. VW's already tiered, too; if they slapped on Dominion Trophies you could trade up (and perhaps, for the sake of lolbalance, make voiddust more expensive so it would be theoretically more difficult to spam), Voidwatch would be straight up magical.

You guys have accomplished a fairly remarkable thing in Voidwatch; there's no reason why your players' primary experience with it after first impressions ought to be negative.
    (5)
    Last edited by scaevola; 04-24-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Soooooooooooooooo...........

It might be a little late for voidewatch, though I will say this on that:

How long has Ahkvan been in the game?
    How many times have I killed it?
    Why do I still not have a body/weapon?
    Pil too?
    Quilin too?
    Aello too?
    Voidwrought too?
    and so on....

It's been a while and I DO appreciate the "Pulse Cells" that were added. however...

The chance someone will go to voidwatch for just Pulse Cells is really slim. And Supply/Demand has made them all but unobtainable. Either they are too expensive or outright non-existent. Sure you can blame that on the players if you want.. but really?

Anyways....

Since this theme of this month was "Help out the new guy in charge" I thought it a good time to bump this thread if anything to shine as a beacon that clearly shows:

Do not add/reuse any drop system like the one used in Voidwatch.

It was cruel, demeaning, and the solution to it was as flawed as surviving a car crash only to drive off another cliff to see if you'd survive that one too...

"Add to pool" would have solved every problem with voidwatch.
    (7)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Oh, and P.S.

When you're sitting there scratching your head wondering why people are complaining about voidwatch drop system despite it being a "success":

The Gear was a success, not the drop system.

I'm sure if you offered a piece of gear in return for someone's pinky finger, you'd receive quite a few in the mail "Next Day Air" no less.
    (4)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    It's been a while and I DO appreciate the "Pulse Cells" that were added. however...
    Pulse cells were a great idea but I still don't think that going for 5 cells > 1 item was the right thing to do.
    Imho they should have just gone 1 cell > 1 item. They are so rare it wouldn't really be gamebreaking to allow for this conversion rate.
    But any other <5 conversion rate would ahve been better of course.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just did Uptala the other day, nine people got Ace's Mail or something like that, it was a good day! Until half of them already had it and were screaming for AT LEAST the NQ Katana, which I obtained.

I will never level SAM; the most light of day it may ever see in my lifetime is only for Maat's Cap.
    (4)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    lol, Pulse Cells, forgot they existed since no one seems to ever get one, I'm the Queen of the Ores when it comes to VW, have never come close to a decent piece of gear.
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I simply will not touch Voidwatch for the simple fact SE refuses to add a "Add Loot to Treasure Pool" option.

And because of that, I've made a mint selling Voiddust to Voidwatch addicts. It's like crack cocaine in Los Angeles in the 1980s....I'm like, my own drug cartel or something. But be careful, I cut it with baby laxitive. You'll get the runs during your run, but it'll make you feel like you got a drop! But then after you come off the high, you find you only got logs and ores. BUT YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT!!! You enjoy the feeling of euphoria after you take that hit of Voiddust, you can't help it.....
    (1)

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast