Thread: Sacrosanctity

Character
    Lancil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Sacrosanctity

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this ability? It will wear off at the first sign of magic damage. I would fully understand the 10min cooldown timer if it was a full 1 min duration, but there have just been too many times that it'll wear off from spike effects or an enspell.

I would like to suggest that this abilty gain a full minute duration or lower the recast significantly (below 5 mins) to be usable.
    (9)

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    yeah me too... i don't see the point to use this ja atm, we need a full minute duration >_>

Even if the recast is shorter, that won't change the uselessness of this ja, since anything which deal magic dmg can make it wear off. I mean often we use it for a situation and the mob do something before the expected dmg...
    (0)

Player
    As soon as they do the same for Spontaneity and Manawell.
    (4)

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Manawell is usefull. Spontaneity seems more situational but can be usefull. Sacrosanctity is clearly inferior... Maybe because it's buff that target all party members (in range), but still, atm it's useless >_<
    (2)
    Last edited by Gael; 10-17-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    As soon as they do the same for Spontaneity and Manawell.
    Indeed, all three should have been on the maximum recast timer of five minutes, I'd still prefer three minutes seeing as SAM's self-skillchain ability which is more powerful is three minutes recast.
    (1)

Player
    WHM is already the most powerful healer AND damage mitigator. This was the icing on the cake. You still have Shellra V and Barspell merits/gear.
    (0)

Take comfort in the fact that Divine Caress is amazing and on a one-minute timer.
    (1)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Who bothers to use divine caress? I've used it but it doesn't seem to really detour ailments from landing anymore than bar spells. It was more disappointing that it doesn't even work with esuna or erase.
    (1)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I use DC every chance possible. It's written into all of my na macros.
    Sarc is very good MDB, but the timer/duration sucks. Which only leaves it's uses to things you know are coming. Like astral flow or whatever.
    (0)

Character
    Finalwolf
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Any testing on Sacrosanctity, if stats increases the potency of the job ability? I had a thought that Sacrosanctity has a modifier like Rampart does. I do swap in +MND when using Sacrosanctity, but never collected data if that actually does anything.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast