Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    PLDs don't have Flash or cures?
    Flash is only 180 CE- you lose that pretty quickly when taking blows to the face. Cure IV, however, is fantastic for CE, provided you're curing for the full amount... Well, ok, mostly VE. Still, there's almost no sources of good CE anywhere.

Charm is ok... 320 CE every 15 seconds. BRD is a little better provided you don't have anything better to do than spamming songs... and have some fastcast gear maybe. Honestly, CE is hard like crazy to intentionally build.
    (0)

Character
    Darriken
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    PLD is amazing for Voidwatch. Amazing for holding the adds while the DDs tank/damage/proc the NM
    (0)

Character
    Eurell
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Flash is only 180 CE- you lose that pretty quickly when taking blows to the face. Cure IV, however, is fantastic for CE, provided you're curing for the full amount... Well, ok, mostly VE. Still, there's almost no sources of good CE anywhere.

Charm is ok... 320 CE every 15 seconds. BRD is a little better provided you don't have anything better to do than spamming songs... and have some fastcast gear maybe. Honestly, CE is hard like crazy to intentionally build.
    I know people forgot about them when abyssea came out, but PLDs can still use cure-cheat macros for easy easy hate. Any PLD should also easily be able to get at least +50ish enmity or so on those cures and flashes that should be coming out non stop. And with all the temp items available in Voidwatch, it's basically unlimited MP while you're building hate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eurell; 10-21-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Player
    Pld having to build hate inside Abyssea, oxymoron alert.
    (2)

Character
    Eurell
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Pld having to build hate inside Abyssea, oxymoron alert.
    Which is why we're talking about Voidwatch?
    (0)

Player
    Then why did you mention Abyssea?
    (1)

Character
    Eurell
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Because that's when people forgot about them, like I said. Cure-cheat macros haven't been used in like 2 years, so obviously some people forgot how useful they are for building CE on PLD, especially in voidwatch where you don't want to do much damage to the mob.

Ah, just reread my post, and I put temp items in abyssea, when I meant voidwatch. My mistake, editting!
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Cure cheat macro ? It is like people are using their same dumb old strategies again. Conidering how much hate a single melee damage generate I will say that cure cheat macro is useless on absolutely everything. Isn't a single trick attack worth one hundred cure cheats anymore. Goddamit@ trying to hard to justify pld.
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    A 1000 damage TA WS against a level 95 enemy is worth 1250CE and 3750VE (note: most VW targets are a higher level than 95 so generated enmity is actually lower than this). A 400HP cure IV on a level 95 target is worth 238CE, and 1432VE modified by any enmity gear the PLD is wearing. The recast time on cure IV is 8 seconds, though the pld will most likely have at least haste on him, so let's say it's a 6 second recast. That means in the 60 seconds it takes for TA to recharge, he could cure cheat 2380CE and cap out VE, compared to 1250CE and 3750VE for a 1000 damage TA WS. So no, a "single trick attack" is not worth "one hundred cure cheats".

Furthermore, if you feel melees generate too much hate in any situation for a PLD to hold hate, then the only strategy you must approve of is: melees go crazy, we'll try to keep you alive. Which worked great in most of Abyssea, but we're finally moving on from that. Enmity isn't the only issue a tank has to worry about, taking damage is another large issue, and nothing takes damage quite like a PLD.

I don't have to try "to hard" to justify PLD. It justifies itself (now that we're out of abyssea and salvage, anyways). You, however, will never change your mind. That's just the kind of guy you are.
    (6)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No PLD is jumb and you just proved it. You theory is a giant facepalm. 238 CE is nothing and it's on 8 second recast. A single melee hit depletes all this in 1 second so go back to doing dumb maths about enmity generation elsewhere. It's always best to melee to get hate and your cure cheat won't get you anywhere when absolutely all the voidwatch perma debuff you wether it is slow, silence, paralyze, on top of heavy damage. A trick attack (or several) every 30 seconds beats the crap out of absolutely anything a PLD can do. So what ? Are you really satified 238 CE that you have to spam every 8 seconds ? are you serious lol ? You are just an old scholl PLD fanboy. I bet you tanked HnMs with rdms lol. This just in, a single monk's melee rounds is worth more than provoke.
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 10-22-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast