Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    Stop messing up existing zones and start adding new ones. Tired of having zones ruined again and again.

If I know SE - the new content will involve clicking various ???'s - 1 in each zone - until you have 25 of them.

You then have to go all the way to sky to pop an NM which requires 18 in the amphtheare. At the end of said BCNM fight against five 120 level wyrms - at the same time.

The treasure pool will be automatically looted to 1 person. That person will get a wind crystal and an earring with no stats but comes with a random augment - that augment will have a 0.1% chance at Double attack +50%, STR +12, DEX +20, Haste +26%. The only other augment is a 99.9% chance of getting it to have +1 to wind resistance.
    It makes me a bit sad that this isn't even that big of an exaggeration.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    SE shoudnt be reusing old dead zones? Wow, you people are smart ones. So when you move out of daddies home, are you going to tell your parents "dont touch anything in my room, you're not allowed to use it for anything else even though I'm not living here no more"? I'd LOVE to see how that goes.

The zones are on servers, servers cost money to maintain, if a zone isnt being used, of course they're going to find a way to justify its existance.
    (0)

You make it sound like zone servers can't be virtualized and given way less resources than heavily populated zones
    (0)

Character
    Ralys
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    I used to regularly farm diremites in one of the basements, back when my club skill was low enough to skill up on them. (The respawn time was just long enough to make it so that by the time I'd killed the fourth one, the first one was respawning.)

Granted, this was back when a stack of avatar blood was still running over 100k.
    Key words in this post: "used to", "back when".

Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    Stop messing up existing zones and start adding new ones. Tired of having zones ruined again and again.
    It's not "messing up" anything. If the biggest complaint is that it "ruined" old exp party camp spots, that complaint is completely idiotic - by "ruining" them, it made spots that are ten times better. You don't need to spend 5 hours looking for a party anymore because you can go out, solo EP-DC mobs, and team up with anybody else who's doing the same thing to finish pages even faster. You can even make an alliance of people if you need to because per-mob exp doesn't matter nearly as much when respawns are 5 minutes and you get 1000 or more exp per page.

And if you're complaining about aggressive mobs in Dangruf or Horutoto, you cannot honestly tell me that you used to frequent these areas before the update for more than just a few levels and that this update to them just ruined them for you forever. If you're visiting them for a one-off quest like THF AF or a Windurst mission, come prepared with Sneak and Invis just like you would for any mission that involves going into a high level area. Or, y'know, use the friggin' books that give you free Sneak and Invis.

Stop seeing the world through nostalgia goggles and try something new instead of trudging the same path from 1 to 75 on every job. I've got nothing against people who leech jobs in Abyssea (I've done it myself a couple times), but I personally prefer leveling the old-school way with friends and Grounds of Valor has been a huge boon for that. If the price I have to pay is that I can't go through Dangruf Wadi without casting Invisible, so be it. I'll suffer. Getting to exp in zones I'd previously barely used added some variety, and taking Bard from 10 to 31 in two days has been a dream come true compared to the old days where that would take weeks of sitting around with my flag up (okay, maybe Bard's not the best job to use as an example but you get the point). Seriously, if you asked me two years ago if I'd like to join an exp party in Gusgen Mines or Ranguemont Pass, I'd probably just b-list you.

On a side note, this also added way more convenient skill-up locations. I'd rather go fight the high level crabs in Korroloka or Dangruf for easy skill capping than make the long journey to the Steelshells at 75 anyday. They're even next to books with free Haste. And sorry for the wall of text, I'm just really verbose.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I am totally in favor of new zones. Just not more copy/pasted zones, that can go away. This game needs a new expansion geared for level 99 so bad it hurts.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Key words in this post: "used to", "back when".
    Actually, the key words are "my club skill was low". Since one of the standard GoV adjustments is the respawn time, they could drop it to five minutes and I'd quite happily go back in there to farm avatar blood and grey chips, just to NPC them.
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Dont get me wrong, i'd love to see new areas, but considering how long we've been asking, and got zilch of a clue that we will get new areas, i just dont wanna b crammed into a few dungeons thats mass server run, b nice to see a bit of space to get around stuff thats in gov, i can see for 1 that it'll b a long time if at all that they'll add new areas, so if they're wanting to expand on gov/fov, i think it'd b nice to see the areas that seem deserted, reused more often, i mean, the majority of ppl that do bird trials surely would like to have fov along with it just for a lil bit extra, + gaining tabs for things like book warps. and wajaom is 1 big zone that has alot of birds., if anything i'd like to see SE remake the old bird meripo camp to fit the needs of 95-99 if no new areas, that area was niiiiice at 75, BRING BACK THE MERIPO'S D=
    (0)

Character
    Cardinalgate
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    FoV should of been in TOAU areas ages ago it would of made level thing even more fun
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3