Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Camate, I liked your post, but I have one request. Please be careful with where you put mobs that can tear a lv95 player a new asshole, especially if they are aggressive.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Camate, I liked your post, but I have one request. Please be careful with where you put mobs that can tear a lv95 player a new asshole, especially if they are aggressive.
    One of the three Pso'Xja towers that was originally uncapped would be a good place to throw lv110 mobs (down in the basement).

Hell, modifying one of those towers so that there was an extended area past where one of the basement piles of rubble is would be even better. (Though I'm doubtful we're even likely to see that much of a change made to existing zones.)
    (1)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    YES THANK YOUUUUUUU
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    The books for exp is great and all but you broke so many old exp camps. Most zones people are only there for the brown box item's and it takes days on end of endless killing just to get them... over 3 weeks for a Grapevine Cape and still haven't seen 1.

Instead of breaking more zones and being lazy calling fov/gov new content how about actually adding new content? And Not recycling old zones for everything.(Voidwatch) All we got for end game is Voidwatch now. Voiddust is up to 20k each and that's because that's all what there is to do.
    Abyssea broke old exp camps for good. I kind of like that this is expanding further, it gives people more options for lowman leveling at a reasonable speed.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm afraid I have to agree with some of the criticisms over GoV. Adding higher-level mobs to an area is one thing. Adding them to areas required for old quests (particularly AF quests) is another. Making them agressive to newbs is downright asking for trouble. The new mobs in Dangruf Wadi shouldn't be one-shotting the poor level 60 thfs who are just trying to get their AF gobbie killed. Granted, I went through some ridiculous hardships earlier in my in-game life, but it turns out a lot of those got patched. Anyone remember COR AF quests, and the truesight mirror guards + locked gate in the way? They relocated the mirror+guards and added a mini "quest" for obtaining a free key every game day.

I agree that higher level exp mobs should not be restricted to expansion areas like Abyssea, but some of the mob redistribution is a bit wtf so far, and the idea of it spreading even further is a little scary for the prospect of new players unless you change aggro (and /check) mechanics. God forbid a true newb ventures into Outer Horutoto Ruins, sees an IT++ mob and says "OH BOY! 200 exp, here I come! *hit for 400 damage* *unsubscribes*"

Rather, my suggestion is to make dynamis-like bizarro-copies of zones that simply have harder mobs in them, yet require a certain level to enter. And THAT'S where you can put your GoV books.
    (1)

Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Honestly I just think Grounds of Valor should be relegated to areas above level 50, and monsters should be increased in size by around 50% to make them stand out. better yet, make them in Wings of the Goddess areas and put them in areas you'd actually expect them.
    (1)

Character
    Ralys
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    God forbid a true newb ventures into Outer Horutoto Ruins, sees an IT++ mob and says "OH BOY! 200 exp, here I come! *hit for 400 damage* *unsubscribes*"
    Any newbie who sees IT++ and thinks "I can solo that" shouldn't be playing this game anyway. Probably shouldn't be breathing, either. And if they're simply misinformed on game mechanics and the /check system then, well, they won't be now! Also: no exp loss below level 30, no penalty for death other than five minutes to go make a sandwich (since Reraise is everywhere for free now, no excuse to not have it when you're wandering around dangerous areas).

Rather, my suggestion is to make dynamis-like bizarro-copies of zones that simply have harder mobs in them, yet require a certain level to enter. And THAT'S where you can put your GoV books.
    Because what this game really needs is more copy/pasted zones! No but seriously that's a terrible idea.

I do agree that they probably shouldn't have filled areas like Dangruf Wadi and Horutoto with aggressive monsters over level 90, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having higher level monsters in those dungeons.

The books also give you sneak and invisible for 5 tabs.

EDIT: On-topic, adding FoV/GoV to new areas is always welcome because let's face it, most of those areas are dead right now anyway. When's the last time you went to Pso'Xja that wasn't because of a CoP mission/quest?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sylar; 10-19-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    You will all be happy to know that we will be expanding the FoV/GoV content to other areas.
    Stop messing up existing zones and start adding new ones. Tired of having zones ruined again and again.

On a last note, I'm guessing SE will add more end game content at 99 besides Voidwatch.
    If I know SE - the new content will involve clicking various ???'s - 1 in each zone - until you have 25 of them.

You then have to go all the way to sky to pop an NM which requires 18 in the amphtheare. At the end of said BCNM fight against five 120 level wyrms - at the same time.

The treasure pool will be automatically looted to 1 person. That person will get a wind crystal and an earring with no stats but comes with a random augment - that augment will have a 0.1% chance at Double attack +50%, STR +12, DEX +20, Haste +26%. The only other augment is a 99.9% chance of getting it to have +1 to wind resistance.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xellith; 10-20-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    When's the last time you went to Pso'Xja that wasn't because of a CoP mission/quest?
    I used to regularly farm diremites in one of the basements, back when my club skill was low enough to skill up on them. (The respawn time was just long enough to make it so that by the time I'd killed the fourth one, the first one was respawning.)

Granted, this was back when a stack of avatar blood was still running over 100k.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Because what this game really needs is more copy/pasted zones! No but seriously that's a terrible idea.
    Agreed. It would be better if they added completely new zones. I don't think it will happen, but completely new zones are a much better fix than the copy/paste I suggested. I wonder how many man-hours that would take when compared to copypasta...

It is my honest opinion that retooling old zones is a mistake unless you manage to do it in such a way that it NEVER gets in the way of newbs. So it shouldn't block off ANY quests, missions, or pop locations for the old chests and coffers. Anything that achieves that goal is ok by me.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 10-20-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast