Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Gjallarhorn Buff - Is it ever going to happen?

Ok, this a post regarding an update on the future of Gjallarhorn.

Is Gjallarhorn ever going to receive anything other than more Chr/Skill and/or "All Songs +4" once it reaches 99?

Please, tell me so.

Did that last Gjallarhorn post mean anything? >.< I'm not alone on this matter.

As every other Relic has proceeded up through the lvl updates, they've received weaponskill buffs, Increases in their hidden occasionally deals 2-3 times base dmg proc rates, along with their "normal" boosts like increased base dmg, Acc/Att, and are up to a IV Tier of their special traits. Aegis has now long ago received its revolutionary MDT buff, yet Gjallarhorn... has by far received the most lackluster updates of all the Relics.

I'll just briefly summarize why increases in Skill/Chr are so lackluster, which was posted in the last Gjallarhorn post...

The Chr/Skill on Gjallarhorn is hardly needed, at all. I don't remember the last time I've needed to drag out my ToM M.Acc Affinity staves from my Mog Sack due to resists, probably for something in VW, but with Ascetic's Drinks in VW now... Extra M.Acc (and by extension, Chr and Skill from Gjallarhorn) isn't really needed for Brd.

"All Songs +3" is nice, and it seems expected that it'll go up to "All Songs +4" but it's not as nice as it once was. Ballad potency (Refresh) and basic MP Recovery is largely and easily available now. Extra March potency is nice, but we're already near the Magical cap anyways (if we use Marcato with Victory March, we've hit the cap). The potency boost to Scherzo is nice (even though it's only 3%~), but it's nothing to write home about because it's so small and Scherzo is so situational. The boost to Pining Nocturne is rather moot because it doesn't stack with Addle, so joyous day! -.-

Perhaps the nicest trait of Gjallarhorn is that you can save several spaces of immediate inventory; this shouldn't be the best aspect about Gjallarhorn.

Please update us on Gjallarhorn's future.

--Is it going to receive Massacre Elegy? The Brd Manifesto seemed to highly allude to this, but there was no real confirmation. Please just tell us and don't beat around the bush.

--If it's not going to receive Massacre Elegy, could it obtain a different specific, new, useful buffing song worthy to be on Gjallarhorn? Perhaps this song could be similar to Embrava from Schs and give multiple enhancements.

--Could it possibly obtain two songs, perhaps a debuff like Massacre Elegy and a buff song? (I realize this question could be asking for too much, just curious)

The updates for Gjallarhorn don't compare at all to what the other relics have been receiving, please address this.

I know the dev. team is trying to focus on jobs like Sch, Thf, Drg, and Drk (iirc, perhaps more or less), but please address the lackluster buffs Gjallarhorn has been receiving. At least just tell us what the dev. team would like to do for Gjallarhorn in the future.
    (2)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They haven't even provided us the fix in Requiem. Give the devs some time. There's not many of them and there's only so much they can do at one time. Obviously BRD isn't at the top of the list right now.

Which sucks, but when the time comes, we'll get what we deserve
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    Obviously BRD isn't at the top of the list right now.

Which sucks, but when the time comes, we'll get what we deserve
    WAR (negative), COR (3 dice rolls without needing an empy wasn't enough, it seems?), SCH, PUP and DRG are the 'top of the list' jobs right now.

Kind of ironic, the only reason I levelled BRD was because it was guaranteed to get me a meripo back at 75 (unlike my other 3 75s: THF BLM and SMN), yet now, noone cares to invite a brd even to an exp pt, let alone end-game apart from maybe 1 BRD in VW, or in aby if no BLMs have /BRD, and these seem to be only for procs.

Obviously I've never been invited to abyssea NMs as BRD, since I have BLM95 so I can BLM/BRD. I doubt if my skills have gone up more than 5 levels from their cap at 75 Q.Q
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah, honestly I just wanted this post to serve mostly as a reminder to the Dev. Team/Reps to say that "Hey, there are still people that actually play Brd! And we're still waiting on if Gjallarhorn is ever going to receive a buff to help catch it up to other Relics."

The Brd community seems so small nowadays (Just look at the dead Brd Forums X.x), that I feel Gjallarhorn and Brd in general is easily forgotten about.

Edit: forgotten, not forgot... x.x
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    BRD forums are always dead, simply because there isn't much to discuss about the job.

As for Ghorn, look how good Aegis got. I'm hoping for and expecting a buff of that magnitude. +4 songs isn't good enough.
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    BRD is oft forgotten and neglected, that's why there's still issues with spells like Requiem and the reason that the awful songs still haven't received buffs.

On topic:

I'd be pretty upset if the Ghorn got an unique buff. Not so much for Massacre Elegy, but I think giving it a buff would either put a Ghorn BRD way ahead of non Ghorn BRDs or would be too crappy to matter.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well if we don't get Massacre elegy on Gjallarhorn, I'd at least want the power associated with Gjallarhorn at 75. At 75 we had 2.3x the amount of power to ballad as a normal bard. At 75 it was normal bard 3mp/tic and Gjallarhorn brd 7mp/tic. With current relic/gear Gjallahorn brd get 13mp/tic vs normal brd of 9mp/tic.

I've felt that we've lost power as we've leveled up, that Gjallarhorn's increase in power has not kept up with other relics because the difference in power between a normal brd and a Gjallarhorn brd has lessened.

Currently as it stands it's only 1.4x that of a normal bard, which is frankly why brds get Gjallarhorn. The saving in inventory space i've always considered as a hidden effect bonus. As it stands IF Gjallarhorn was increased to 21mp/tic I would be fine with it since we would have the same power difference as before. But this is unlikely, Gjallarhorn would have to be increased to all songs +7 to make 21/tic with current gear. (Ballad 3 + AF3+2 pants + all songs +7 + Ballad 2 + AF3+2 pants + all songs +7) (3 + 1 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 7) = 21
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 10-19-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Making it augment songs with different effects would be a pretty nice boost. Like Minuets give critical hit damage+ or Minne's give DT-.
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flionheart View Post
    On topic:

I'd be pretty upset if the Ghorn got an unique buff. Not so much for Massacre Elegy, but I think giving it a buff would either put a Ghorn BRD way ahead of non Ghorn BRDs or would be too crappy to matter.
    Relic WSs get their own, unique WSs, several of which still currently kinda suck. But some are quite powerful and give great utility (GA, GKT, Relic Gun, Scythe largely come to mind). There's a very clear difference between players with these kind of Relics, and those who don't. There's a big difference (or at least should be x.x) with a Pld with Aegis and one without (discounting Ochain, and Emps in general in this point).

However, in the case of Gjallarhorn, the difference between Brds that have Gjallarhorn and those that don't is dwindling more and more with each lvl cap increase. It's truly quite pathetic at the lvl 95 cap. If a player has worked hard enough to earn a Relic, there should at least be a fair difference between themselves and players that don't have that Relic.

I would be worried too if they gave Gjallarhorn some crappy buff song (Death Resistance Song I could see, ugh, could be good, but far too situational and shouldn't really be needed with proper stuns x.x), but even if they did give it a strong buff song, why be so resistant to it? Heaven forbid you should feel inclined to get a Gjallarhorn for reasons other than saving inventory space. Relics are meant to be desirable, and one reason why you don't see all too many new Gjallarhorns nowadays is because it isn't very desirable compared to other options, and especially compared to how it used to be at the lvl 75 cap.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Well if we don't get Massacre elegy on Gjallarhorn, I'd at least want the power associated with Gjallarhorn at 75. At 75 we had 2.3x the amount of power to ballad as a normal bard. At 75 it was normal bard 3mp/tic and Gjallarhorn brd 7mp/tic. With current relic/gear Gjallahorn brd get 13mp/tic vs normal brd of 9mp/tic.

I've felt that we've lost power as we've leveled up, that Gjallarhorn's increase in power has not kept up with other relics because the difference in power between a normal brd and a Gjallarhorn brd has lessened.

Currently as it stands it's only 1.4x that of a normal bard, which is frankly why brds get Gjallarhorn. The saving in inventory space i've always considered as a hidden effect bonus. As it stands IF Gjallarhorn was increased to 21mp/tic I would be fine with it since we would have the same power difference as before. But this is unlikely, Gjallarhorn would have to be increased to all songs +7 to make 21/tic with current gear. (Ballad 3 + AF3+2 pants + all songs +7 + Ballad 2 + AF3+2 pants + all songs +7) (3 + 1 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 7) = 21
    The problem with all of this is that Ballad isn't really a big deal anymore lol MP regeneration has just become so easy with Atmas, Atmacites, and Temp Items.

Anyways Gjallarhorn's best use with Ballads can really only be brought out if the same Brd also has a Daurdabla, leading to an 18mp/tick with Ballad x3 after the first cycle of songs.

Besides, Gjallarhorn will never receive "All Songs +7" lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast