Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Omg someone stop Creelo! He's about to kill Glamdring! O____O
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    You don't think I fucking know any of that? <.< Seriously, dude?

That doesn't even remotely relate to my other post because I wasn't at all saying "MARCH IS ALL THAT MATTERS, BARD'S SHOULDN'T SING CAROLS, SCHERZO, ETC."

Really?

My post was trying to evaluate the overall usefulness of "All Songs +4" and how this applies to our most important songs (March, Ballad, and Scherzo), although it would undoubtedly be affecting all of our songs. I simply came to the conclusion that "All Songs +4" is nice, but hardly an improvement over a Brd without Gjallarhorn, and that a third tier of March could potentially buff Gjallarhorn well.

I've never said once that Bard is only for Marches, and I'm a STRONG supporter of being a Brd that does more than just sing their songs and afk in a corner.

And you do realize that March can boost nuker's dmg as well, right? Since MP is such a non-issue now, March is easily one of the best songs TO be singing for Mages to help lower their recast timers. An Etude can be nice for larger Epeen Dmg, but March will provide much more for your mages (Marchx2 + Scherzo comes to mind for a Blm party on Botulus Rex).

So please, before you post stupid shit that doesn't even relate to an original post, just don't.
    I was attempting to head off the usual commenters who would pop in to say that there's no point to getting a G-Horn since haste can be capped already, so why waste the effort. Because G-horn works with other songs perhaps? We DO in fact have other things we can do, as you apparently know. Of course, the biggest + of a G-horn is not having to pack a tour bus and 3 roadies for our orchestra equipment.

I gotta disagree with you on lack of Ballad utility, though. New content is going in outside Aby, not in, and MP DOES get to be an issue, one that a G-horn bard would be extremely good at addressing. Ballad 3/2 with a +4 is MP 13/tic over and above whatever inate refresh the mage is capable of, and it frees the mage to worry about other things. Of course, this assumes the melee will keep their separation to not have their buff songs overwritten.

Of course, the original post I commented on does make a pretty strong argument in favor of our Empy harp, even if you didn't intend it to. Even without a +4 on a song our buffs can boost whatever by significant ammounts as the base figuring in your post clearly shows. While 2 songs with +4 on them might be very nice, clearly a Marchx2/Scherzo/Mambo (as an example) might be even more useful, especially with any kind of song duration +. If you are trying to split songs you are stuck with the bard range problem with harps range, but we bards should be used to that by now.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I gotta disagree with you on lack of Ballad utility, though. New content is going in outside Aby, not in, and MP DOES get to be an issue, one that a G-horn bard would be extremely good at addressing. Ballad 3/2 with a +4 is MP 13/tic over and above whatever inate refresh the mage is capable of, and it frees the mage to worry about other things. Of course, this assumes the melee will keep their separation to not have their buff songs overwritten.
    I did mention this. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Ballad+5
    Gjallarhorn's extra Ballad+ is nice, but really only useful for events where MP regeneration isn't as easy. VW has Temp Items, Abyssea has Atmas, so it's not really needed there. Not to mention /sch and /rdm both provide awesome abilities for restoring MP. Marches would instead be more beneficial, especially for stun recast timers. New events like Legion could bring back Ballad+'s usefulness though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Of course, the original post I commented on does make a pretty strong argument in favor of our Empy harp, even if you didn't intend it to. Even without a +4 on a song our buffs can boost whatever by significant ammounts as the base figuring in your post clearly shows. While 2 songs with +4 on them might be very nice, clearly a Marchx2/Scherzo/Mambo (as an example) might be even more useful, especially with any kind of song duration +. If you are trying to split songs you are stuck with the bard range problem with harps range, but we bards should be used to that by now.
    There's no doubt that Daurdabla is a better instrument than Gjallarhorn; however, you don't have to use Daurdabla like you're saying. You could sing two songs with Gjallarhorn, then the last two with Daurdabla, and as long as those four songs are kept up on yourself and other party members, you could then keep singing four songs with just Gjallarhorn.

At least that's how it would work in a perfect world lol, usually someone will either be out of range or run out of range of buffing, or the mob might dispel one or more of someone's song buffs.
    (3)

Character
    Dyceorigin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Wouldnt the best thing to do be to remove the "Song Duration +" effect from Empy Harp and afix it to Ghorn, then replace Harp with "Song Casting Time/Recast -"? Then it would work perfectly with Harp for prebuff and Ghorn for main buff sets.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    A job trait that prevent etude degradation.
    I am becoming the necro-master.

The team is in the process of looking into change the way Etude functions so that the effects do not decrease over time. We would also like to revamp the effect duration when making this adjustment.

Additionally, we will be looking into revamping the Absorb-type spells that have similar effects.

(5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Sometimes it's just really difficult to find a relevant post to put that translated dev response into...

(4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Sometimes it's just really difficult to find a relevant post to put that translated dev response into...

Hahaha was thinking the same
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

someone is still using etudes? wow, I haven't been asked for one of those in at least 5 years.
    (3)

Character
    Fobby
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The only time I've ever had to use etudes in game would be during a 2 bard setup swap in Divine Might 2. After 2 preludes and 5 minutes, there's still room for Scherzo and up to 2 etudes if bards have daurdabla99. But hey, not like there are enough NA rangers on Lakshmi to set up a Divine Might 2 run consistently right?

On a side note, where's that Massacre Elegy/super march? oh wait wrong thread...
    (2)

Greetings,

We have an update in regards to Etude adjustments.

We’re planning to adjust Etudes so their effects do not decrease over time in the next planned job adjustment in March.

Enchanting Etude / Spirited Etude / Learned Etude / Quick Etude / Vivacious Etude / Dextrous Etude / Sinewy Etude / Bewitching Etude / Logical Etude / Sage Etude / Swift Etude / Vital Etude / Uncanny Etude / Herculean Etude

We’ll post information on other job adjustments at a later time on topics, so please look forward to it!
    (9)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast