Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i dont have a Ghorn but should beabkle to make it mach an eefect of a pyft harp 3songs
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Elgato
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Some pretty good ideas on here, def. like the idea of massacre elegy. I can't remember the last time I played on my brd so bear w/ me.

Haven't seen it mentioned but what about an additional effect of 'Fast Cast' for all songs from G.Horn? Giving mages 3x ballads is overkill, but fast cast is still pretty useful or at least nice to have. Plus that would allow relic bards to give a welcomed buff to tanks/some melee without having to sacrifice 1/3 songs to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
    Some pretty good ideas on here, def. like the idea of massacre elegy. I can't remember the last time I played on my brd so bear w/ me.

Haven't seen it mentioned but what about an additional effect of 'Fast Cast' for all songs from G.Horn? Giving mages 3x ballads is overkill, but fast cast is still pretty useful or at least nice to have. Plus that would allow relic bards to give a welcomed buff to tanks/some melee without having to sacrifice 1/3 songs to do it.
    Definitely want Massacre Elegy. Fast cast would be useful, but I think I would rather have something exclusive to bard. COR has caster's roll which gives fast cast. Cor has a lot of the good buffs actually. A Quick song effect would be very cool for songs cast with Gjallarhorn (100% quick magic effect on songs), but would probably be too much.

Other random ideas for Bard. Not neccesarily G.horn.

A song which reduces the size of the area of effect of enemy abilities.(does not stack with elegy/next AoE ability only perhaps)
    A song which increases the rate of shield blocking/parrying/countering for party members within area of effect for jobs who have those skills.
    A song which increases the rate of skill ups for combat/magic skills.
    A song which increases the maximum casting range for party members in area of effect
    A song which occasionally turns enmity gained on an action into enmity loss.
    A song which draws in an enemy/party member.
    A song which occasionally maximizes magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.
    A song which causes damage over time effects of an element to recover party member's HP when used in conjunction with Carol II.
    A song which removes a monster's elemental affinity. Resistance to this effect builds similar to gravity.
    A song which activates aftermath effects. Strength of aftermath based on singing/instrument skill.
    A song which provides TP bonus.
    A song which knocks back an enemy(wind instrument/enemy target), knocks all enemies away from the bard within area of effect(stringed instruemnt/self target)
    A song which increases resistance to all status effects.
    A song which increases resistance to death.
    A song which inflicts amnesia on a monster or a song that increases the amount of TP required for a monster to use a TP move.(does not stack with elegy)
    Chocobo hum and Cactuar Fugue.
    A song which occasionally gives the effect of quick magic to party members within area of effect.
    A song which lowers the recast on job abilities/increases the rate at which reuse timers count down.
    A song which reduces damage taken (for when scherzo doesn't trigger)
    A set of songs which when paired tranfer a portion of enmity generated from the the recipient(s) of one song to the recipient of the other song.
    A song that makes melee attacks AoE like an ironclad.

A job ability that centres the next song on a party/alliance member.(mythic or empyrean harp effect)
    A Job abilty that makes the next single target song AoE.
    A job ability that prevents a monster from dispelling/asborbing the next song casted.

A job trait that prevent etude degredation.
    A job trait that enhances the strength of songs when more than 1 bard is present in a party.

Equipment that enhances the potency/duration/number of songs castable with marcato.
    (3)
    Last edited by Reain; 11-15-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    WAR (negative), COR (3 dice rolls without needing an empy wasn't enough, it seems?), SCH, PUP and DRG are the 'top of the list' jobs right now.

Kind of ironic, the only reason I levelled BRD was because it was guaranteed to get me a meripo back at 75 (unlike my other 3 75s: THF BLM and SMN), yet now, noone cares to invite a brd even to an exp pt, let alone end-game apart from maybe 1 BRD in VW, or in aby if no BLMs have /BRD, and these seem to be only for procs.

Obviously I've never been invited to abyssea NMs as BRD, since I have BLM95 so I can BLM/BRD. I doubt if my skills have gone up more than 5 levels from their cap at 75 Q.Q
    BRD is useful in both Aby and VW. I've never had trouble getting into any party in VW or Aby.
    (0)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    i wanna know why this thing is still so gimp tbh
    (0)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    WTF, Lvl99 trial only adds a single song tick.. That's ridiculous. ALL SONGS+4 SUCKS. That's pretty useless for all that work. Its on par with aegis magic cap back in the day. Why can't they give us something worthwhile?

Inventory space saver LV99

I have a mog satchel/sack kthxbai

Voice/creelo, where are u; ;

this is BULLSHIT
    (0)

All BRDs with G Horn or Daurdabla, will be pleased to know (add sarcasm) that EVERY OTHER RELIC/EMPY IS GETTING ADDITIONAL BUFFS FOR 99! They all get an 'afterglow' sphere effect for 30 secs after using weaponskill or shield bash.

3591 Gjallarhorn Rare Ex CHR+10 Singing skill +25 Wind instrument skill +25 All songs +4
    3590 Daurdabla Rare Ex Singing skill +20 String instrument skill +20Increases song effect duration by 30%Grants two additional song effects
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Seeing as how the afterglows are 30 second effects that you get after WS (or shield bash), I don't know how they'd implement them since it appears they are not intended to be full-time sphere effects. Which is fine. If anything it's better because it give us a reason not to bother.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yup, it's really disappointing. >.<

This part was interesting...

Other Information of Note
    Additional planned features, such as equipment-specific magic spells and pets, have been postponed to allow for more thorough testing concerning attributes, the number of potential users and the process by which to obtain them. One consideration is whether to implement such features as another stage of the above upgrades, or to apply them to a different set of equipment. Also under deliberation is whether to limit the availability of such equipment or make it relatively simple to obtain.
    So I wonder if Massacre Elegy is included in this part of the post; however, I greatly fear that Gjallarhorn lvl 99 Stage 2 would have to be completed for access to Massacre Elegy. I'm sorry, I'm just gonna quickly delve away and say that this whole Stage 2 Business of killing 1000 Arch DLs, 500 PWs, or collecting 3000 Riftcinder/dross is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

As for the usefulness of "All Songs +4" (Incoming long post...)

Base March Values
    Advancing March's = 64/1024
    Victory = 96/1024

With March+4
    (Current max for Brds, each March+1 gives 16/1024 Haste, so 64/1024 extra haste with March+4. All Bard's should have AF3+2 Hands for that extra March+1 considering how easy they are to get.)

Advancing+4 = 128/1024 = 12.5% Haste
    Victory+4 = 160/1024 = 15.625% Haste

Haste the spell already gives 150/1024 = 14.65% Haste.

Magic Haste caps at 448/1024 = 43.75% Haste.

128+160+150 = 438/1024 = 42.78% Haste is the current cap to what we can get without Marcato or Gjallarhorn99's March+5. Basically, Brd's with Langeleik (March+4) are 1% away from capping Magical Haste. Bard's with just March+3 are about 4% away from the cap.

But since we have Marcato, Brd's that have been keeping up with their equipment should allow for capped Magic Haste roughly 60%~ of the time already. (3min12sec base, 6:24 with Troub, or 3min->6min if just March+3) Gjallarhorn isn't needed to cap magical Haste roughly 60% of the time. Even March+3x2 can cap Magical Haste with Marcato.

With March+5
    Advancing+5 144/1024 = 14.06% Haste
    Victory+5 176/1024 = 17.19% Haste
    Together = 320/1024 = 31.25% Haste

So basically, with Haste (150/1024), March+5 x2 + Haste is overkill (470/1024 as opposed to 448/1024).

You may think you could potentially Marcato Victory March+5 to be able to drop a March, but that's still only 264/1024 = 25.78% Haste, thus you'll still need to sing Advancing March and have Haste to cap Magic Haste.

With Daurdabla, you could do Marchx2+Marcato'd Third Song with Gjallarhorn lvl99, while still capping Magic Haste without Marcato, but that's nothing to really go ape shit over lol, especially since the important stat (capping Magical Haste) can already be done now ~60% of the time.

If SE would've released that third tier of March... (We know it's there in the dats!!), and it would follow the same base values as Advancing/Victory, thus having a 128/1024 Haste base with capped skill, March+5 would allow for 208/1024 = 20.31% Haste, with Marcato roughly 30.47% Haste. This would allow for only a Marcato'd MarchIII+5 being needed to cap Magical Haste (along with Haste itself of course). This would probably require a high amount of skill gear needed to do this, which would make Gjallarhorn's skill and "All Songs+4" way more useful.

Ballad+5
    Gjallarhorn's extra Ballad+ is nice, but really only useful for events where MP regeneration isn't as easy. VW has Temp Items, Abyssea has Atmas, so it's not really needed there. Not to mention /sch and /rdm both provide awesome abilities for restoring MP. Marches would instead be more beneficial, especially for stun recast timers. New events like Legion could bring back Ballad+'s usefulness though.

Scherzo+5
    Scherzo 46% vs. 50% with Gjallarhorn lvl 99. If the attack's gonna kill ya, it will kill ya. That 4% is probably not gonna be the difference maker lol I wouldn't be surprised if SE released a Scherzo+ instrument either since we haven't seen a new instrument since the lvl 90 Cap... :/

-In Summary-
    Basically, Gjallarhorn is nice... but it's not revolutionary. "All Songs+4" provides little benefit over a Brd without Gjallarhorn. It's nice... but not as nice compared to other relics. :/

I think that a third tier of March could have potentially really buffed Gjallarhorn, but who know's if we'll see that.

I think I'd say Daurdabla lvl 90 is still better than Gjallarhorn at 99, and Daurdabla lvl 99 is light-years ahead of lvl 99 Gjallarhorn lol, obviously best to try to get both!
    (0)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    i love u cree!

number one fan!

xo
    (0)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast