Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Decoy Shot - Change the text for ranged attacks

I was just doing some voidwatch today and it's somewhat difficult to know whether I'm standing in the right position or not. I'm not sure if it's like TA where you have to be exactly behind them, or if there's some leeway like SA. I propose changing the text of ranged attacks to indicate when decoy shot is procing, perhaps by indicating to whom the enmity is being diverted.

With that said, the ability is amazing!! Thank you very much for this addition. With relic gun, it's almost impossible to pull hate now.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think you're confusing decoy shot for relic guns almost hateless WS cause decoy shot dosn't seem to work, no matter how many times i use it hate is always still on me, it's either broken or not "working as intended"
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    It's not a 100% enmity transfer so you can still pull hate. From what I have read it's more like a 20% enmity transfer but I could be wrong since I looked at it with Google Translate... Here is what I posted in the other Decoy Shot thread.

Google Translate fails but it's better then nothing.. Maybe.. >.>
    Link (Scroll down a little to view his post) from the JP RNG forum post by Mocchi (JP Mog Community Rep.)

The decoy shot "a certain amount of hostility", the "percentage" But, "I have a limit," nor do.
    The explanation based on examples.

The hunters' hostility - "The state has no effect when given at 250 ranged attack damage when using a decoy <br /> shot hostility is added damage is 250 minutes.

At this time, hostility hunter and target are added to the PC is as follows.

Hunter: PC 50-minute qualifying Damage: Damage plus 200 minutes

Equipment such as a hunter "-20 hostility" with the effect of damage on ranged attacks if you give 250 <br /> shot when using a decoy, the effect of -20 enmity, hostility is added Damage is reduced to 200 minutes.

At this time, hostility hunter and target are added to the PC is as follows.

Hunter: PC without being added: Damage plus 200 minutes

As the above example, a hunter hostility - by being aware of such equipment without adding to his hostility to the hunter, only to the target PC will be able to take over the hostility. (For high-power weapon skills, such as Sidewinder, including hostility to significantly reduce the stealth shot, fighting would be the key-conscious hostility.)

Also, everyone is concerned about "the upper limit of hostility that can be take over" is not provided, unless the duration, you can keep the assumption of hostility.

Be summarized as follows.

1.Abilities and equipment caused by a hunter, "hostility -" The effects to be aware, you can walk about without adding to their hostility.
    2.If the decoy effect of the shot in, take over your PC can be many times more hostility.
    3.Each time an attack can take over to a certain amount of hostility.
    4.The total amount of hostility that can be offloading (※) no upper limit on.

By the time one minute attack ※ 1, will take over the hostility will be five minutes if you attack 5 times.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I guess asking for it to be a straight trick attack clone is to much, but still it isn't enough for me :l
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    It's a start but you need to get behind a tank and shoot. Which gives it a really high risk factor of getting you killed in the process since a lot of hnm moves can 1 shot a low HP job like rng.
    (0)

Character
    Saelae
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    My Japanese is a little rusty but the example section in the JP Rep post roughly translates to this:

If a ranger uses no -emnity gear with Decoy Shot:

A ranged attack dealing 250 damage adds 250 damage worth of emnity normally.

With a target PC, emnity is added as follows:

Ranger: 50 damage worth of emnity added.
    Target PC: 200 damage worth of emnity added.

When a Ranger wears -20 emnity gear:

A ranged attack dealing 250 damage only adds 200 damage worth of emnity due to the -20 emnity effect normally.

With a target PC, emnity is added as follows:

Ranger: No emnity added.
    Target PC: 200 damage worth of emnity added.

I'm not certain, but the wording of the rest of the post implies that the transferred amount is fixed per ranged attack (no word on what, if anything effects the amount, or whether the example of 200 is the official number.) It also talks about using stuff like stealth shot to deal with powerful WS's like Sidewinder. Most of the rest seems to be stuff already known. An official translation would be appreciated.

My opinion is a fixed amount is a bad idea as it's too difficult to balance vs. a percentage. It will either be too strong on difficult mobs or too weak on easy mobs. Nevermind that WS's will suffer the most from a fixed amount and is the area where RNG needs emnity adjustment the most.
    (0)
    Last edited by Saelae; 09-27-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'll help a bit pointing the most important point from what Mocchi saying.

It's point #3 and #4:
    3. When ranged attack occurs, it's possible to transfer a _fixed_amount_ of enmity
    4. The cumulative enmity transfered to other PC has no upper cap. (As such, if you do 1 ranged attack, there will be one occurrence of enmity transfer, and if you do 5 ranged attacks, you'll get 5 occurrences of enmity transfer)

About Sidewinder, he gave an example where Stealth Shot is a better option suppress the enmity from a such very damaging attack. So decoy shot is not the ultimate means to suppress your enmity on the entire fight. The knowledge when to use what is the key to keep enmity at low level.

So, I think this is a pretty good JA overall, you can do 4x as much damage (of 0 enmity level) before you worry about mob have their attention locked on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    It's a start but you need to get behind a tank and shoot. Which gives it a really high risk factor of getting you killed in the process since a lot of hnm moves can 1 shot a low HP job like rng.
    For most of the time, you can stand at max ranged attack distance to avoid boss monster attack. It's particularly hard if you're only given limited space like most of Voidwatch fights or a fight where your tank's back must face the wall.
    (0)
    Last edited by VZX; 10-11-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I got more time to play with decoy shot and I'll have to agree that this ja is really nice. especially when you combo it with a relic weapon and the -enmity options RNG can equip.
    (0)

Character
    Lumiya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    So to make sure I am understanding this correctly... if you do 100 damage, you transfer X enmity, and if you do 1000 damage, you still transfer X enmity? If that is the case, I honestly don't see how this is good at all, at least not for Abyssea. From my personal experience, RNG deals more damage per hit than any other job in the game by about double, so I don't really see how a fixed amount of enmity transfer solves the problems at all. Maybe the wave of the future will be Loxley Bow or back to old school Holy Bolt setups since the additional effect gives no hate?

I don't know, it seems to be alright, but it isn't really that amazing. I would of rather had something that transferred a flat % of enmity, not something that only transfers a insignificant portion of enmity. Sorry for the rant, it is better than nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Don't look at any of the new stuff with Abyssea in mind. That part of the game is over. When you look at Decoy Shot think about it in terms of high level HNMs or VW nms where mp is limited, you can't super boost dmg, and pulling hate can get you or an alliance killed very quickly.

My guess is they will also improve RNG's -enmity when they look into redoing the Job specific merits too. So we should round off very nicely once all that comes into play.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast