Character
    Lumiya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95

Ranger Gear Question

So, I'm tired of not knowing the answer, not being able to trust the wiki, not feeling like searching through BG, and I am just going to ask it on here. Does the AF3+2 body for RNG reduce ranged attack delay through the velocity shit augment? It seems like everywhere I look I am getting different answers. So I'm hoping someone on here can tell me from personal testing if it does or not.
    (0)

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well my guess is this, it ENHANCES velocity shot giving it a boost. The description below comes from wiki so the info is there, if it enhances VS then it would do just that...reduce the delay on ranged and raise damage already recieved via VS. How much more? idk there doesnt seem to have been any testing done. Its most likely a few % tho.

Velocity Shot

Job Ability
    ■Increases attack power and speed of ranged attacks, while reducing attack power and speed of melee attacks.
    ■Obtained: Ranger Level 45
    ■Recast Time: 5:00 minutes
    ■Duration: 2 hours
    Notes/Description
    ■This ability can be activated all the time because of the recast and duration time.
    ■This ability will wear off if you zone while its active.
    ■This ability is not available when Ranger is set as Support Job.
    ■Ranged Attack + 15%
    ■Ranged Attack Delay -10%
    ■Attack - 15%
    ■Attack Delay +10%
    (0)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiya View Post
    not feeling like searching through BG
    Jesus. It literally took me longer to type the damn quote tags than it did to find out this infomation. For anything maths related, you will find most of the answers on the specific pages of the BG Wiki (and sourced to the topic where it was descovered, meaning you dont have to use the search function). If you can't find maths-related info on BG then you either didn't know about BG Wiki, or you're just damn lazy.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Velocity_Shot
    Notes

Gives 10% haste on ranged aiming delay and induce 15% melee Slow
    Give ranged pDIF boost by approximately 20% and reduce Attack by 15%

Equipment Modifying Ability...
    Equipment Piece Modifier
    Sylvan Caban +1 20% haste on ranged aiming delay
    Sylvan Caban +2 20% haste on ranged aiming delay
    References

Sylvan Caban Testing (Kyata, BG)
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/984...=1#post4339204
    Done with Snapshot testing on the Sylvan Caban +1/2 (AF3 RNG body). Thanks a ton Kirschy for the tips on testing methods.

Activating Velocity Shot with the body equipped then unequipping does not grant the boost. In fact, body doesn't have to necessarily be equipped while activating V.shot, just while firing the shots.

Both +1 and +2 offer the same reduction in delay with Velocity shot active (-10% or +5 Snapshot, similar to the Mirke augment).

On that note, Wiki's info on Velocity shot is incorrect, it's not -15% delay reduction, it's -10%. The numbers match on Mirke and V.shot.

I'd post my gathered data, but it's all jumbled up in an illegible Excel file atm, which is why I don't have any info on the R.att boost of the V.shot enhancement (if any). I'll try to organise it later and post any extra findings.

I did notice an increased amount of Rapid shots with the body equipped, though while samples are enough for Snapshot testing, they're not nearly enough to cover a low error margin Rapid shot test. I might get around to that sometime later.

Additionally, as a follow up to the above testing, I figured I'd take the time and test the Snapshot effect on some pieces which don't have any info on Wiki.

Basically got similar numbers on Zha'Go's Barbut, Sylvan Gapette +1, and Impulse Belt. All three gave a -3% reduction to delay.
    I'll test Gapette +2 once I get around to completing it to see if it offers any more than 3% reduction.

Any suggestions on what else to test are welcome, or tips/methods for testing the R.att boost from the body.
    (0)
    Last edited by noodles355; 10-17-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Character
    Lumiya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    Thank you noodles, I'm sorry it was a pain to give me that info. I have BGWiki added to my favorites now, I'll check there first before asking next time.
    (0)

I didn't mean to sound rude if I did, and if I did I apologise, but it's a pet peeve of mine how people dismiss looking up info on BG because it's BG or because they think it's too arduous a task without actually trying.
    (0)

Character
    Lumiya
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    It's no problem. I've avoided BG for quite a few years and actually just had this conversation on another thread a few days ago. Looking through the BG wiki now, it's obvious they finally made it usable compared to when it was almost entirely empty and seemed like an abandoned project. I suppose with as little updating gets done to the main wiki anymore, I don't have much choice except to expand the places I go to now.
    (1)