Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Verethragna (85)
    Revenant Fists +2 (now rotting in MH)
    Pet Fire Taipan +2 (feeding it geodes as I get them)
    Pet Ice Taipan +2 (feeding it geodes as I get them)
    Pet Dark Taipan +2 (feeding it geodes as I get them)

Taipans only used when pet is doing all the work/taking all the risks. (WoE, pet nuking, Cuelebre, etc)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ursine Claws +2 (Dmg +30, Dbl Atk +10) as a main weapon
    Taipan Fangs +2 (Int +9, Pet Mag Atk Bns +10) for nuking
    Taipan Fangs +2 (Mnd +9, Pet Mag Def Bns +10) for bonus to magic defense for when VE is in heavy magic aoe
    Taipan Fangs +2 (Mp+75, Pet Mag. Acc. +15) situational use, in case more Magic Acc is ever needed (although I haven't had a situation where I needed it yet...maybe in VoidWatch battles)
    Burattinaois (situational, in case I need TP growth while idle with pet)
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Do you think it's better to have the Pet Fire Taipan +2/3 or the Burattinaios ? (assuming that only your pet fight the mob, not you)
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    If its pet only, you want the fire path. Burritos are for times like Voidwatch where you need to build pets TP without having it die to the mob, or if you are trying to squeeze a little more out of VE and having him cannibal blade more often.

Fire is more of a "I want my pet to do the most dmg possible with each hit"

On a semi unrelated note... how hard is "lost fairy ring" mob for the moepapa belt? Anyone tried it yet? (thinking of pet only situations at the moment and I really dont want to spend 5m to buy one when im pretty sure 1 group can kill it)
    (0)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I am absolutely loving this thread. Getting to see how others use their automaton and that's pretty damn cool. I think once I get my Verethragna I will idle in burattinaios while running around with a pet, just for that tp while walking. (Conditional ofc not going to lose my tp to regain 1/tic on lil Kagekiyo).

This thread has me thinking that I might do the PDT and MDB taipan fangs.

On a semi related note, is anyone else going for Kenkonken still? I am finally in a situation where they are starting to become attainable and have been collecting Alexandrites.
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan
    On a semi related note, is anyone else going for Kenkonken still? I am finally in a situation where they are starting to become attainable and have been collecting Alexandrites.
    One of the big bottlenecks these days is the 100k Therion Ichor requirement. Since very few people actually do Einherjar any more, it's quite hard to get ampoules if you didn't already save up a lot. Einherjar (and Nyzul, Salvage, and ZNM) adjustments are apparently coming, but not any time really soon. See this thread on this exact topic: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...erjar-Ampuoles

Alexandrite is also a burden since there is less of it out there these days with decreased interest in Salvage, but it's probably not as bad a problem as Einherjar. Hopefully these potential ToAU event changes (Neo Dynamis down, ToAU next up) make it more possible to attain a Mythic.

For an "ultimate" weapon, as it is now:
    - For lv 90, Empy is the easiest path
    - For a lv95, Relic is now easier since (a) the 95 trials for Empy are so demanding and (b) the Dynamis changes have made ancient currency a lot easier to obtain
    - Mythic is the hardest of the three due to the steep requirements for initially obtaining the weapons
    (0)
    Last edited by Anza; 10-20-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    PUP doesn't have a Relic D:
    And honestly I still think getting 30k alexandrites will be the major cockblock. It's not just a matter of requiring insane amount of money (know that you're the target of my envy if you do!) but also that it's hard to find them on the market because people hardly do salvo anymore and looking at the upcoming patches it's not like SE is giving them lot of reasons to do. It's like SE are saying: "lolsalvagegear" or something.

Maybe I just have different friends, different servers or whatnot, but while there still are random LSs doing regular or occasional einherjar runs, I think it's pretty easy to do lowmen runs with a few friends, especially on the lower tiers. They even reduced the cost of the lamp... just get a few friends or shout for some, it's fun and easy. I used to find it incredibly easy at 90 and did T3 wings with less than 2 pts (with like 3-4 dualboxd mules who were just leeching?) can't be harder at 95.
    You need to try it. I'm sure if you're interested in it you can get a good chunk of Ichor as you wait for the einherjar fix.
    It might take you more to get the Nyzul 150k points, trust me! Try it and you'll see what I mean
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Shotaro
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I use Verthragna for flat out DD. Burts in idle if im running around with DD auto. MAB Taipan +2 (idk if i wanna get geodes for +3, cause it only increases dmg and INT for myself, though INT is nice for manuevers...idk if i will atm, since i dont DD when im doing some kinda nuke only mob/NM).

I do want to do the PDT Taipan though. I got Ducal Guard recently, and went around abys looking for free floating NMs with Valoredge, and its pretty awesome. Though Cant get cap PDT like a BST can, Valoredge is was pretty dang sturdy, and it stayed above 20% pretty much all the time with Cannibal Blade. Im sure the PDT Taipans will make it alot better. Idk, I just hate seeing BST get all the glory lol. I kinda wanna start collecting pet based gear like Haste and what not, and try to be a psuedo bst haha. One thing I hate though is the amound of HP bst pets get, Valor is only about half that, which sucks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shotaro1; 10-28-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ursine Claws +2 (Dmg 0, Delay +54, Occ. atk 2-4) as a main weapon (80 Vermin away from +3)
    They are nice in most situations where you want to gain TP fast esp. the proc rate is very high and depening on your other gear it's nearly every 2'nd round you'll get at least a double attack
    (0)

Character
    Skeith
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Currently I'm using the Grotesque Cesti. I rather like the delay(or lack thereof) and I don't really bother worrying with the 10 damage hit I take by using them over Metasoma katars or something like Burattinaios(which I keep on standby in case I want a TP store for Tact. Switch).

I'm currently working on Verethragna in my spare time... Between work and balancing a fragile social life, and then doing events... I don't have much time. Haha.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2