World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Automatons
    • Re-examine automaton logic
    Add/adjust spells
    • Recast times for spells will be set up independently for each category (such as enhancing/enfeebling magic)
    Took only 5+ years of constant complaints by anyone seriously trying to play PUP. Looks like PUP will be more useful especially in low-man situations with this.
    (0)

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I have to post this again from that guy above. My feelings exactly.
    (1)

(0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    My opinions on your post, Camate

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Lowered the required capacity from 2 to 1 for the following attachments
    Reactive Shield/Scope/Schurzen/Volt Gun
    That's good news, altough I was hoping for a couple more reductions. Lately we got so many good attachments that we can't combine because of the total limit on frame.
    Especially the 6 light slots for Soulsoother, I think it should have 7 slots just like every other frame in its "main element".

Mana Booster: Effect changed from shortening recast times to that of a fast cast effect
    Ehr... this would have sucked with the old system, but since we now have separate cooldowns I guess this is actually a welcome change.

Everything else was awesome but I was expecting some due fix to those attachments that you can get from ENM or Ob like "Attuner" or "Target Marker". These work only on enemies that are "Even Match" or higher, and sometimes they do not work at all. It's a shame. This limit should be removed imho.

Also, it's also a shame there is no word of fix concerning the 8 "The Ashu Talif" attachments.
    More options to obtain them? Higher drop rate from the BC itself?
    Ease up the pre-requisite to enter the BC so that you can more easily let friends help you out? Allow you to enter with 2 people instead of the 3 people limit? Things like that.
    Some of those 8 attachments are still the best there's out there, and the prices are still incredibly retarded.

Re-examine automaton logic
    This is AWESOME.
    It's all we've been asking for, I can't express in words how much I'm happy about it
    Only thing I'm concerned atm is that with all those timers our automatons will cast a lot more spells. This could potentially create issues to mana? I dunno, guess we'll have to try out. Mana is definitely NOT an issue at all atm, but with that many spells cast it could become one.

I noticed a couple of strange things among those added in the list though. Dispel and Erase spells? Wow... what about the two attachments Eraser and Disruptor? Guess they won't be that useful anymore, at least on mage frames.

Weapon skill adjustments
    Due adjustments.
    Too bad you aren't fixing the "select by maneuver" system... guess you're happy with that. I still find it retarded but oh well, no big deal I suppose.

I noticed you fixed the Distance issue for Sharpshoot, but you did not increase the distance at which Sharpshoot and the mage frame can cast spells, which is very short, putting them within the range of dangerous AoE from Enemies.
    Would it not be possible to increase it a bit? At least over 15 yalms, a lot of AoE have 15 or less range, at least the automatons could be safe from those and be hit only by AoE with range higher than 15 yalms.

And what about the fact that Sharpshoot's ranged attacks are considered a Job Ability and, hence, cannot become a Critical Hit?

Automaton oil+3 (Lv80+) will also be added.
    Any chance this will stack up to 99? It's a big inventory issue to keep several stacks of Automaton Oil when you could just keep one if they stacked up to 99.
    I'm a bit confused by the new JA that removes status effect though
    With Erase, Eraser and the enhanced Repair with PUP AF1 feet, did we really need a JA to remove several status effect from our automaton wasting an oil, when that same oil could be used to give him a very strong regen and still cure it? Dunno, sounds a bit like a useless ability to me.
    Now if it didn't consume an Oil it would be fine, but with an oil consumed I'd rather use just Repair with Puppetry Babuches.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    I really hope the automaton doesn't spam these over nukes once implemented. I already have enough trouble with it spamming aspir with 900+ mp and drain if it takes any dmg whatsoever.
    I will mention this again. This maybe a stretch but think guys. We have been wanting harly to be part of the action again for some time, so take a look at those spells. Do they fit VE or SS? No, they have no mp. Do they fight rdm, whm, blm puppet? No, those spells are to help with melee damage. What other frame do we have that does melee dmg but has mp? Harly.

Those spells I will bet will be for harly only, and will be probably over lvl 75 or so. They are giving us another option for a melee fighter that can absorb, dread spikes and cure itself. At least that is my take, because it makes sense.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Does definitely make sense
    (0)

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    that makes terrible sense. you could have a case for the new buffs pro/shell/haste/stoneskin/phalanx but i somehow doubt it.

I do wonder how the new individual cast/recasts affect ADD method. i can easily see it trying to cast a dark spell over a nuke in these cases, unless they really are adjusting the AI so well it will only use them absorb/drain/aspire as a second priority and/or with a dark maneuver up...im being optimistic as the majority of these changes seem really nice and right on the mark.
    (0)
    Last edited by brayen; 10-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Character
    Kugo
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Nice work Dev team, I tip my capello to you.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The way I see it, ADD was a "trick" we were *forced* to use to overcome the job's countless limits.
    Once the job starts working as it should always have, ADD becomes something nobody should ever use and I'd be more than fine in SE furtherly discouraging its usage.
    (3)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    When will these changes be applied to the test server?
    (1)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast