AI Update: Please fix automaton spell cancellation

If an automaton is casting a spell and the target dies, the automaton does not finish casting the spell. This makes sense for things like enfeebling spells, but it becomes annoying if the auto was casting a cure spell. The spell timer is then reset even though the spell was never used. Healing in Abyssea parties is especially difficult, as things die so quickly that using the mage frame for curing or nuking is incredibly inefficient.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would really like to see a fix to this. Something similar was fixed for SMN a while ago, could we see something like this for the upcoming auto AI patch?
    (6)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That's a very useful and reasonable suggestion for spells targeting players/automaton (Cures, Regen, -na). If casting has started, allow the spell to complete instead of cutting it off the instant the spell casts (obviously wouldn't apply to nukes/enfeebles). Doesn't sound like an overly burdensome fix either, particularly considering SMN has already had a similar fix.

+1 from me to this suggestion.
    (0)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Avatars (and adventuring fellows) still suffer from the same problem. The only issue the fixed with SMN was being out of range. I the mob dies, or the avatar is stunned or what have you, you lose the BP timer, but not MP. I agree it's a rather annoying situation for both jobs. Generally, if the mob is close to dying when the puppet is casting I just retrieve it so it will still finish casting even if the mob dies before it goes off. This doesn't work all the time, especially if you're not solo and misjudge how fast the mob is going to die.

Hopefully this issue will be fixed with the vague "AI adjustment" they have planned for the future.
    (0)

Character
    Auraeon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think a new "Deploy"-esque pet command should be introduced that is directed at fellow players rather than enemies, allowing the automaton to focus on that player for Cures and status ailment removal spells (with a lesser priority on other members of that player's party.) Perhaps restrict it to players within your alliance.

This would allow for a sort of "Healing mode" for automatons and would fix a lot of what is wrong with the healing mage frames to begin with. However, other changes are still needed to correct many issues with other frames/heads.
    (0)