Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

What in sub hand?

Ok. Long time no post. I recently got Chant du Cygne and am wondering now what to wear in my subhand. Originally it was Chimeric Fleuret while I mainhanded Twilight Knife. But now that I don't mainhand Twilight Knife so...

Here's what I got so far to choose from:
    Twilight Knife (Quadruple Attack+3%...also that Drain stuff that is irrelevant to us unfortunately)
    Chimeric Fleuret (Acc+5 Enspell+7 offhand-only Double Attack+4%)
    Khanda 2-4 OAT

No fighting. Not a debate about whether it's Ok to melee or not. Just straight up question about which is the best in offhand. No wise arse comments about how the best thing in the offhand is a Grip either.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Aside from what you listed, many also use the Occ. Atk. Twice Khanda +3, STR/Atk Shamsir +3, and since you got an Alamace the DEX/Acc Shamshir +3 is also good choice for CDC mods.

However, the new Haste/AGI/ TP Drain Sword that you get from WoE looks like it will be a top contender as well for offhand.
    (2)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nah, unfortunately it's not an Almace. Don't have the dedication for it. Actually...not that's not really what I mean. I have the dedication to get mine. I just don't have the dedication to get weapons for the people I'd have to group with to get it.

But I'll think about working on the DEX Shamshir.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    For straight up tp build, 2-4 hitter. But if you wanna hit those big numbers, id say T-knife. I guess the 2-4 hitter would be the best consistant returns, but for output of those 3, Twilight. Other magian weapons arent a bad idea either but it is hard to beat sheer quantaty of ws with a single spike of damage.
    (1)

Player
    2-4 OaXweapons are absolute garbage for overall damage, the best offhand for Almace Rdm is the same offhand for Blu, Str Shamshir if accuracy isn't an issue, Dex Shamshir if it is. Of the remaining 2 weapons, use the Chimeric.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Ok. Long time no post. I recently got Chant du Cygne and am wondering now what to wear in my subhand. Originally it was Chimeric Fleuret while I mainhanded Twilight Knife. But now that I don't mainhand Twilight Knife so...

Here's what I got so far to choose from:
    Twilight Knife (Quadruple Attack+3%...also that Drain stuff that is irrelevant to us unfortunately)
    Chimeric Fleuret (Acc+5 Enspell+7 offhand-only Double Attack+4%)
    Khanda 2-4 OAT

No fighting. Not a debate about whether it's Ok to melee or not. Just straight up question about which is the best in offhand. No wise arse comments about how the best thing in the offhand is a Grip either.
    First, what exactly are you fighting? This determines the stats your going to need.

I do VWNM's as RDM/NIN with Almace + STR Shamshir +3. Working on a DA+10% sword but it's become a side project to be getting my Hyksos Robe.

Even with CDC being a 60% DEX WS you still need attack and lots of it. The STR Shamshir +3 has +25 attack (5 from STR), that is incredibly hard to beat. The only thing that competes with it is the DA+10% sword. Unfortunately it has too high of a delay for me to be comfortable with. Both weapons have the same DPS after factoring in DA / Temper. So it boils down to what is better for your build, +2.5 fSTR and +25 attack vs +10DA.

I wouldn't go for the +DEX one, accuracy is ridiculously easy to cap / fix now, it's attack that we have a weakness in.

-=Edit=-

Crimson, T.Knife is a horrible off hand weapon. Its only value is a nice screen shot worthy WS once per 50 WS's. Not only must the QA proc, but the additional three attacks must land. You end up with an Asuran Fists situation. At capped acc only 69% chance of all seven hits landing.
    (2)
    Last edited by saevel; 10-11-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Player
    Is joyeuse still bad to offhand with Almace? Figured the super low delay and high OAT rate would help with TP generation more so than Magian DA Sword.
    (0)

Player
    Inside no, outside it's showing its age for a level 75 weapon. Any shamshir at 95 is more overall damage than Joyeuse (Str/Dex Shamshir beat DA Khanda at 90, I don't see this changing for 95) iirc.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-12-2011 at 03:36 AM.

use the chimeric fleuret for now, but work on the str and dex shamshir +3's. use the dex/acc one if you need the acc, if not, use the str/att one.

some have suggested to me that if you don't need the acc OR the attack, then the da khanda could be better. but i say if you don't need the acc OR the att.... who care's? you're gonna tear the thing a new asshole anyway? why build a whole weapon that is only MAYBE useful in the one situation where your gonna be wrecking things no matter what?

so yah, str and dex shamshirs. chimeric in the meantime. i didn't mention ephemeron cuz i've never seen one and i still dunno how strong the additional effect is (video DID imply awesomeness however) swords mentioned it dropping from WoE? but the post se announced it in implied voidwatch i thought? see? confusing ; ;
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    i didn't mention ephemeron cuz i've never seen one and i still dunno how strong the additional effect is (video DID imply awesomeness however) swords mentioned it dropping from WoE? but the post se announced it in implied voidwatch i thought? see? confusing ; ;
    Yeah, there's like 2 versions a NQ and a HQ version, I read somewhere it came from like WoE flux 6 or something. I haven't seen any either, and probably won't till information becomes more readily available.

I did forget to mention Sagasinger too, if your feeling ambitious enough to take on Arch Dynamis Lord enough times to be lucky.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast