Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Alternative to Cure 5

If we can't get Cure V, please implement a spell that's self cast only that boosts Cure Potency by a function of Enhancing Magic Skill. To make this not worthless, the bonus needs to stack with Cure Potency+% from gear and not contribute to the same cap. Could start small at 5-10% but with proper Enhancing Skill gear/merits it could cap at 15-25% at 99 along and with the right Cure Potency Gear could contribute to a ~75% + Cure Potency boost to RDM's cure spells. This would give us a cure spell as potent as Cure 5 but with the massive hate of a Divine Seal+Cure4.
    To make it even more balanced give it a short duration/long recast so that RDMs remain situational healers and not main healers. Maybe 30 second duration, 3 minute recast like Reprisal or something. This way we wont have a 900hp cure 5 but a 800ish HP cure IV for bad situations and we can't abuse it because of the recast and duration.

Another option is to make 2 job ability stances for RDM. One to focus on melee abilities, the other to focus on mage duties.

Bravery:Enhances attack speed, accuracy and Sword Enhancement Spell Damage "Allows the use of extra weapon skills" but increases cast speed.

Effect: Grants a +10% Attack Speed Bonus like Hasso, +10 accuracy and +5 damage to Sword Enhancement Spell damage. Allows the use of exclusive sword weapon skills i.e Red Lotus Blade/Vorpal Blade/Seraph Blade/Sanguine Blade.

Piety: Enhances Magic Accuracy, Magic Attack and Cure Potency but MP cost increases and Enmity is defense is lowered

This will grant a bonus to Magic Attack, increase Magic Accuracy and provide an ample bonus to Curing power but at the cost of +10-15% MP across the board. Additionally +10-15 enmity will make us think twice before spamming cures or nukes due to hate gain.

I'd rather have both of these be spells since it's RDM nature to have both White and Black magic AND Melee ability available to them at the same time unlike SCH which has to choose between Black or White magic or BLU that has to set spells.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Nothing against stances per-say but I'm fed up of having to need to be gimped on one side of our job to buff the other.
    (3)

Player
    I'm fed up with stances in general. That's Scholar's gig.
    (4)

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Yeah, it's RDM's job to be able to do all things at the same time, stances kind of ruins that
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think the people (myself included) are so inclined to stances comes partly from other jobs we play AND the power they offer. While the flexability is nice, having a stance is a powerful thing, and it has its own built in limiting and balancing factor being that the ability MUST be active for full rewards. In that sense i see a lot of rdms wanting the "Melee" stance so that we can be given impressive and otherwise broken buffs to melee, and nobody can cry broken because we need to shed them if we wish to switch back into the mage based stance. I like the flexability, but in many cases im not required, nor given the need (or chance) to have to swap roles instantly and then back more frequently than every 2-3 minutes. Just my thoughts.
    (0)

Player
    Stances adds some degree of focalization to an otherwise mediocre 6/10 multipurpose job. For us to be able to melee we'd need NATIVE fencer traits since RDM's style is more Sword+Shield compared to BLU's Dual Wielding. So we'd need native Fencer traits, A- sword skill, ability to use stronger sword weapon skills like Vorpal Blade. On the mage side we definitely need a boost of some degree to curing power, strong and unique debuffs that other jobs dont get and strong enhancing spells that WHM's don;t get AoE version of(kick in the balls to RDM that WHM has Boost-Spells when we have higher enhancing magic then them, seriously Gain-AGI and Gain-CHR and Gain-VIT are utter wastes of spell slots that could have been used for unique and useful spells)
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Stances adds some degree of focalization to an otherwise mediocre 6/10 multipurpose job. For us to be able to melee we'd need NATIVE fencer traits since RDM's style is more Sword+Shield compared to BLU's Dual Wielding. So we'd need native Fencer traits, A- sword skill, ability to use stronger sword weapon skills like Vorpal Blade. On the mage side we definitely need a boost of some degree to curing power, strong and unique debuffs that other jobs dont get and strong enhancing spells that WHM's don;t get AoE version of(kick in the balls to RDM that WHM has Boost-Spells when we have higher enhancing magic then them, seriously Gain-AGI and Gain-CHR and Gain-VIT are utter wastes of spell slots that could have been used for unique and useful spells)
    Umm RDM is more DW then Sword + Shield, or did someone miss the F shield skill. WHM's have better shield skill then we do. F skill wasn't bad until 60, after that it just goes downhill until it's utterly useless.

I would much rather have a D57 Delay 230 STR+10 Attack+20 sword in my off hand then either a Genbu's or even a Vikings. Heck take the -PDT sword over a Genbu's if damage intake is a concern. Then you got that Cure Potency +10% sword that's in the dats, hasn't been made into the game yet so we're figuring its in the unreleased BC fights. Off hand a D57 Delay 224 +MP +Cure Pot 10% sword for when your needing to focus more on support / healing then killing.

The possibilities are endless for combo's, swords are amazingly strong in this game, just sucks that RDM can't use Vorpal natively.
    (0)

Player
    Umm RDM is more DW then Sword + Shield, or did someone miss the F shield skill. WHM's have better shield skill then we do. F skill wasn't bad until 60, after that it just goes downhill until it's utterly useless.
    Except RDM can use Shields natively and can't use Dual Wield unless they sub DNC or NIN. BLU gets it natively and has no shield skill. Also I'll remind you RDM gets Shield Mastery and +Shield Skill on our AF. So Shield fits more with RDM's 'theme' than dual wielding. So we're more likely to see Fencer bonuses than Dual Wield. Shield Mastery has helped me massively since I idle in PDT sword and genbu shield and macro it into all spells i cast with up until the spell is released. You haven't any idea how many times a shield block has prevented an interrupt(Shield Mastery) during an utsu or a cure4 which has saved my bum.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 10-11-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    (kick in the balls to RDM that WHM has Boost-Spells when we have higher enhancing magic then them, seriously Gain-AGI and Gain-CHR and Gain-VIT are utter wastes of spell slots that could have been used for unique and useful spells)
    No it wasn't. Everyone is so quick to say something is a slap to Red Mage's face or a kick in the balls. This is nothing new. Protect, Shell, and Barspells ring a bell? Having a higher skill doesn't mean we should be getting the AoE version. The higher skill is there to give our self-buffs an edge over whatever the WHM is handing out. Of course these days WHM can reach a similar or even higher enhancing skill with /sch and gear but that's a different problem.

I don't know about you but I like having Gain-VIT. It's pretty helpful for /blu solo fights. AGI now effects Subtle Blow, and CHR is there for /BST so there's that. Very niche applications but it's far from a waste of a spell slot, especially when they're part of a line of spells. That's like complaining about Barpoison.
    (0)
    What is the Cure released five red forehead and I agree.

I'd say all the self-target spells would be far more practical if they were single-target, like protect/shell, instead. Self-target benefits no one but the rdm. Single-target can benefit others, even if it's annoying and inefficient (eg: Protect 5 on all 6 people in the party instead of Protectra 5). The fact that the AOE version exist means it's not considered detrimental for other people to gain these benefits, though it may be appropriate to restrict the target to only in-party players, like Refresh/Regen/Erase.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast