Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Step outside of Abyssea and try and call War overpowered.

(Hint it's Sam)
    I did, and I did. SAM is about equal, still not as good in my experience. The SAM-WAR relationship seems reversed to 75. SAM used to be slightly ahead, now WAR seems slightly ahead.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    If you can't understand why hasszanshin + Ikishoten + Konzen + Hagakure with Fudo is pulling ahead...
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    If you can't understand why hasszanshin + Ikishoten + Konzen + Hagakure with Fudo is pulling ahead...
    I usually don't care when something involves things I can't pronounce, but I will say that everyone is still so stuck on warrior inside Abyssea that they pay no attention to the still dominate SAM job outside in the real world. A SAM without Masamune still pulls impressive numbers from their ass. Insert Masamune and it's lol warrior what the moment you step out of the great and powerful Abyssea that only lasts as long as you need stuff from it.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    SAM shits on WAR, period.

Unless you base FFXI off Abyssea which no one should.
    (2)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    I would think more people would agree with me than disagree about WAR being overpowered. The nerf stuff was just hyperbole, but really SE needs to balance the DD's a bit more.
    lol Why?

I think SE "Should" make each job better in their own way, then again if every job was so Balanced so "equal" you would just be playing the same job w/ a different name...

As far as: War Vs Sam it all depends on the player behind the job. so most of ya LOLSAM that posting on a [dev1029] Warrior why not just make yourself a Sam thread and stop being so mad at Warrior and move on, maybe ya can get big and strong someday.

FYI: "LOLSAM" is for those that are posting negative w/o a reason behind them, I'm not saying Sam is an lol job I like my Sam just as much as my War.

----------------- Back to the topic of this thread ---------------

Restraint
    Enhances your weapon skill power also adds an retaliation Bonus with each normal attack you land.
    Obtained: Warrior Level 77
    Recast Time: 10:00
    Duration: 8:00

Suicide (must have 2H weapon equipped)
    Speeds up melee attacks 3% every 3 seconds, Defense decreases 3% every 3 seconds. Accuracy based with each attack you land.
    Obtained: Warrior Level 90
    Recast Time: 10:00
    Duration: 5:00

Likes - dislikes?
    reasons - ideas?
    (2)
    Last edited by Krashport; 10-09-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Ok with the Job Ability it would take 24 seconds to reach the 25% Job Ability haste cap, so there's 4:36 with capped haste assuming you have haste and march on.

80% of 482 is roughly a 97 delay weapon (1.6 second a swing basically) You have a standard 6-hit build so for 4:36 seconds you be at 100tp every 8 seconds, so from WS > WS will take you 10 seconds with other delays.

276 seconds in 4:36 so in that time you 'could' have done 27 weapon skills.. and with a weapon skill like Ukko's Fury... and buffs like Restraint (the nerf really won't be that bad) & Blood Rage with a 1 minute duration.

If you have more than 1 WAR then you could alternate using Blood Rage for maximum damage output, and let's not forget the ODD on this weapon, especially if you decide to start this Zerg @ 300TP.

I may have overlooked something as I'm tired, but I really think this proposed Job Ability is just a little too much.
    (1)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    SAM shits on WAR, period.

Unless you base FFXI off Abyssea which no one should.
    u got jokes
    (2)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I don't even know what a joke is.

I can try though.

"WAR is better than SAM outside Abyssea."

How did I do.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    WAR isn't overpowered. Other jobs are underpowered. SE is just taking the path of least resistance and dragging WAR down instead of bringing other jobs up. Same old same old.
    SE hasn't nerfed classes in a while, actually.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    I don't even know what a joke is.

I can try though.

"WAR is better than SAM outside Abyssea."

How did I do.
    Bad .
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast