Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Those aren't the kinds of things SE wants you to test. They want you to test new content and job adjustments not dick around with free relics for lulz. SE already knows if relics have boosted stats they don't need you to test that.
    They know what the SCH bonus is and the WAR gimp too. They have people test it to see if it's working properly, so point = NULL.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It seems to me that it is for testing for unintended consequences.

Like when that new PLD ja was causing aeolian edge to do 99,999 dmg, or cure vs undead doing 99,999 dmg.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    They know what the SCH bonus is and the WAR gimp too. They have people test it to see if it's working properly, so point = NULL.
    Actually no they don't. Have you played FFXI at all in the past 8 years? SE routinely release content that was untested and had to do emergency maintenance's within 24hrs to fix a bunch of stuff. Need I mention Sneak Attack only working from front of the monster.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    It seems to me that it is for testing for unintended consequences.

Like when that new PLD ja was causing aeolian edge to do 99,999 dmg, or cure vs undead doing 99,999 dmg.
    Basically this, we're beta testers, and we happen to be the best beta testers available, we've been playing this game for years and know exactly how it works. We can test in days what it would take a development team months to do, the last patch proved that as they were changing a bunch of stuff prior to release based on test server findings.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Actually no they don't. Have you played FFXI at all in the past 8 years? SE routinely release content that was untested and had to do emergency maintenance's within 24hrs to fix a bunch of stuff. Need I mention Sneak Attack only working from front of the monster.
    Did you read what I wrote, or just looked at a few words.

I clearly stated: They have people test it to see if it's working properly.

They do however know as I said: What it should do.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Did you read what I wrote, or just looked at a few words.

I clearly stated: They have people test it to see if it's working properly.

They do however know as I said: What it should do.
    And my response is the same, they don't have anyone testing to see if their code actually works as intended. Their SCH bonus could of ended up being a nerf on accident, the WAR nerf could of made Warcry last 5 min and thus be a boost instead. In the past SE has routinely messed up code in such a way that it caused unintended consequences. Really has me curious about what kind of revision control their practicing.

The entire point of the public test server was to have us test their code for them, and provide user feedback on their updates prior to launch. Tanaka could probable care less about our feedback, but the free bug testing service would be welcome.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm sure that they will give relic/mythic/emp weapons as an option only if they plan to do fundamental changes to them. So far I see no reason to make them accessible as they obviously are working as the dev team expects them to. As far as war is concerned, they want to make sure the nerf isn't an over nerf or breaking something else on war, same goes for sch changes. Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of people rushing over to the test serve just so they can use items that don't actually have but want to try out. Giving access to the WoE version of the gaxe allows a war to test out the impact of the nerf on the WS still and in most cases there is access to a vast majority of good gear already to allow a person to test the intended content. There really is no need to let a person play with the best weapons if they don't correlate with the intended test content.
    (0)

Player
    SE has their own test server and performs their own tests, and makes adjustments as they feel like so no, they don't really need to give us a test server, it just saves them time (this was proven with their announcement on the heavy strike nerf on the JP forums, where they stated they had done similar to QC before it was released to the public). Whether or not they do a thorough test for every little thing is another issue (iirc it's not even necessary to do so most of the time).
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-25-2011 at 02:13 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of people rushing over to the test serve just so they can use items that don't actually have but want to try out.
    This. If they let people have relics then the test server would immediately be flooded with people who's only interest in the test server is fooling around with a free relic. This is not what the test server is for.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    This. If they let people have relics then the test server would immediately be flooded with people who's only interest in the test server is fooling around with a free relic. This is not what the test server is for.
    As opposed to now where there has been at most 3 people online.

More people = More chance to break additions added... that's not a bad thing. That's the whole point of the server.
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast