Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Bukhis & low man setup.

So I am tossing up between Harrier +2 or Gandiva..

The worry I have is Bukhis - as I have a very bad memories about him, and havn't faught him since the new cap. Was wondering if you guys used any low man setups that were successful.

My plans at the moment are to farm KI's dual-boxed with my NIN/WAR & RDM/WHM, then switch to MNK/THF - Doom screen, Hundred Fists & Victory Smite spam.

Anyone have an easier / more efficient low man setup then this?
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    you're going to want shadows, unless you have an Ochain pld friend. i went NIN THF WHM + RDM or BLM for stun.

second/third cursna makes life easier, and stun isn't required, but speeds things up tremendously.

but yeah, i think nin/thf/whm is the minimum for an easy fight on bukhis. (can sub out nin for dnc or another thf where applicable, any decent blink tank.)
    (0)

If you have an ochain pld, you can honestly just afk inbetween curses. Otherwise I'd use two blink tanks (Whatever + THF ideally) and if one of them dies the other holds while they reobtain their max HP buff. As long as you're careful you shouldn't have much of an issue anyways, but do be careful since he can be a d*** sometimes.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    wasn't hear when that was added. but still I think gear swaping is stupid. That is my opinion, anfd I have the right to say it. If you care to insult me over my opinion then you just prove how childish you are
    Translation: I'm rubber and you're glue, everything bounces off of me and sticks to you, you noob brat gear swapping elitist soloists.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I do have a good Ochain PLD in the LS - however not very willing to do something unless there is something in it for him.

Most people aren't bothered with abyssea stuff these days - it's all about voidwatch havn't you heard? :P

More thinking super low man - with meds... Dual boxed - RDM & MNK. Doom screen, fanatics tonic, hundred fist & smite spam.. Hopefully kill faster before anything gets overly dangerous.

Think that would work?
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    rdm doesnt have much healing power in abyss compared to whm, bukhis hits fairly hard, lethal triclip can/will remove cruor buffs, ruinous scythe can 1shot you w/o said buffs, with said buffs, will drop you below 1/2 on mnk (if you have say.. hp atmas) this is one fight that you do NOT want to chance with sub-par healing and a lack of defense.

edit: doom screen lasts 45/120 sec? even under 2hr the screen will probably wear before you kill it. best of luck though.
    (0)
    Last edited by esoR; 10-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Not sure about MNK, but this is one fight you'd really prefer a NIN/THF/DNC over though or, again, an Ochain PLD. Bukhis drops some +2 goodies if your PLD friend isn't capped yet. If you do decide to bring MNK, try an eva setup. You do not want to lose your HP buff and be the only tank. Also, bring a WHM instead of the RDM.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    wasn't hear when that was added. but still I think gear swaping is stupid. That is my opinion, anfd I have the right to say it. If you care to insult me over my opinion then you just prove how childish you are
    Translation: I'm rubber and you're glue, everything bounces off of me and sticks to you, you noob brat gear swapping elitist soloists.

nin, thf, whm and whatever else makes you feel comfortable. shouldn't be too bad now at 95. Just avoid ruinous scythe and keep 2-3 shadows up all the time.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Novowels
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    forget doom screen, only works for 1 fight. take a few stacks of holy waters per run. can save the day if yout WHM cant cursna you.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    MNK/NIN owns that mob GH/RR/SS is what I use. Don't use counterstance and just keep shadows up, use PC to get Ichi up. MNK is nice because even if he dispels your cruor buffs you should still have plenty of HP to safely continue on. My LS mate does him MNK/WAR and the old school kill him before he kills you technique.

Otherwise all the above advise is sound.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Have just been doing WHM/THF/BLM/NIN setup lately (which was the setup I was originally going to use) but was just going to try to dual-box while my buddies aren't on to help me out as MNK/RDM dual box. Tactic as above - kill it before it kills me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast