Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    Ninja's (The one's I played with) don't die. The ninja's I play with only die when it is a mass wipe...then the 2hr is kind of useless.
    So dying when it's a mass wipe doesn't count as dying? It only counts if the nin is the only one to die?

And pardon me, but if it's a mass wipe, isn't just about EVERY 2hr useless? Maybe with the exception of rdm and blm 2hr, to finish off a mob that's @ 1-2% - assuming they aren't double weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    I agree it is useful (If they die a lot...) to be able to get rid of weakness. But if you don't die..then well, it is useless.
    No it's not useful if they die a lot in one battle. It's useful in those oh shit moments when the nin goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukichibi View Post
    There are a lot "not as useful" 2h hours, and @Tamoa, invincible is useless if you don't have the hate, i would prefer a 30 seconds stickonmedamnmob than invincible to all damage, it would be very useful for zerg, all DD could go all out for 30 seconds. (maybe that's why SE didn't implemented it yet XD).
    You're absolutely right. And why it's called Invincible I'll never understand - magic and ranged attack still does damage. Your idea doesn't sound half bad tbh, lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 10-06-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If Dancer could erase weakness once every two hours, I'd have soloed 85 Masamune by now.

MG isn't the the flashiest two-hour in the game but it allows Ninja to do something that literally no other job can do: completely bypass the game's wipe mechanic. That anyone would call that weak even on a job that wasn't one of FFXI's primary tanks blows my mind.
    (3)
    Last edited by scaevola; 10-06-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Tamoa what you said was what I meant lol >.< I guess I worded it poorly ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Khai
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    @Cecil:

It's extremely useful in those lowman situations where shit hits the fan and the nin goes down, there's no form of backup tank and the mob is going for the mages. Because you know, that can actually happen.

Rng 2hr = useless
    Drk 2hr = useless
    Thf 2hr = useless
    Drg 2hr = meh
    Pld 2hr = meh again, would be better if it negated ALL damage
    Mnk 2hr = not always as useful or powerful as people like to think
    War 2hr = close enough to useless in abyssea

Indeed, that my inital post was really to inquire to the dev about what their opinions on MG. If this is what they expected it to be. Then once we got a reply we would go ahead and point out all of the other 2hr's and how they are in the same manner as nin. Then would go ahead and ask the community how to improve MG and the other 2hr's.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Seeing this completely in action, Mijin Gakure is usually used as a death warp without exp lost or a very VERY quick way to remove weakness. In truth, A LOT of two hour abilities are without any real combat usage, but not without situational purpose. In short, deal with it.

Having a mangled cock skin waving contest of who's a better nin isn't going to help your cause if you're unwilling to accept any answer that is not what you want to hear.
    I agree, every other jobs has the same feature as ninja in theory. In the current game people can always HP to remove weakness. Getting back to a monster and its camp isn't much of task like it once was, hence that is why ninja's 2hr is USELESS its just an easy means saving few cruor's? or exp. (which is joke now in the game to obtain)

Quote Originally Posted by Yukichibi View Post
    Maybe they could reverse damage formula, the less HP you have, the better the damage, so when you ll die anyway you can sacrifice yourself for "good" (at least not crappy) damage, or they can make migawari prevent you from dying. (it's not me that explosed, it's the log, i swear).

There are a lot "not as useful" 2h hours, and @Tamoa, invincible is useless if you don't have the hate, i would prefer a 30 seconds stickonmedamnmob than invincible to all damage, it would be very useful for zerg, all DD could go all out for 30 seconds. (maybe that's why SE didn't implemented it yet XD).
    Yeah i like this idea a lot give us something that makes us sacrifice ourself to be worthwhile... not something where we could easily HP to get weakness off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anubis; 10-06-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    NIN essentially has a reset button for a 2hr, which is amazing in the limited situations its used in. i personally dont have any issues with it, but i'm not hearing detailed alternatives on what you think could replace it.

it's quite balanced as it is, so i'm not sure what you want from nin.

also i began playing nin about 3-4 years ago, and it has since become one of my mains, i list rng as my main because it's the job i enjoy the most, even if it isnt the one i play every day.
    (1)

weakness-removal from mijin gakure has saved a lot of fights I've participated in. I would say it is far from useless.
    (3)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Its more like, while it doesn't have a wide variety of uses, when it does has its use, its extremely useful.

It was very useless before the remove weakness fix. Since they, its far form that.

But as others have said, lets see your idea on how to improve it.
    (2)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    If I ever needed to 2h back in the day on Ninja at "hard" content like "HNM" then I wasn't doing my job and couldn't be called "veteran".

Though, I also wasn't engaged on those mobs either and was using a Terra's Staff so I'm not entirely sure what your point is? Mijin is easily one of the best 2h in the game ESPECIALLY for low man situations. Any WHM that can't curebomb themselves until you're up with a set of shadows is just as terrible as people who actually ride apoc/mijin to begin with.

Also, it's a trap.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    Any WHM that can't curebomb themselves until you're up with a set of shadows is just as terrible as people who actually ride apoc/mijin to begin with.
    I think you meant to say 'until the thf mule that was only there for TH uses accomplice'. ;p
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Mijin Gakure can also possibly save the fight in the event of a mass wipe, assuming the mob can be kited. Get up, 2hr, get back up, get shadows up and kite till the party/alliance has recovered. A weakened whm should be enough to keep you alive while you kite.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast