Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I don't know why you would call Mijin Gakure useless. Especially in lowman situations, inside or outside abyssea - if you go down, you can get up (assuming you were smart enough to use rr before starting the fight/event if outside of abyssea), use rr if necessary (I always carry a rr scroll when on nin outside of abyssea), 2hr, and bam! you're back in action and quite possibly save the day. Or in this case, the fight.

There are other jobs who have 2hrs which really deserves an overhaul, much more so than nin and Mijin Gakure.

Oh and I dinged 75 nin 5 years ago, is that veteran enough for you?
    (8)

Well, I agree with Anubis that it does have room for improvment. It isn't about mages having enough MP really...or not having enough RR. If you compare NIN 2hr to other ones it doesn't seem as useful. A lot of other 2 hours can turn the battle around when things get bad. Ninja's (The one's I played with) don't die. The ninja's I play with only die when it is a mass wipe...then the 2hr is kind of useless.

I agree it is useful (If they die a lot...) to be able to get rid of weakness. But if you don't die..then well, it is useless.
    (1)

inb4 lock. He did not ask me to reply...I did on my own. I feel the same way. He does not need me to defend him or anything...

I'm an extremely elitist Ninja. In fact, I firmly believe that I am better than you at Ninja
    If you were you would not be dying as much if ever and realize how useless it is >.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Cesil; 10-06-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Hundred Fists only matters when you're solo or don't have a Bard. Wild Card has the potential to do practically nothing. Spirit Surge is incredibly lame. Trance is useless when the limiting factor of step/waltz usage is Timers rather than TP, which is always. I could go on.

There are a lot of useless 2hrs, and many 2hrs that aren't useless are still not unique or the best abilities in the class. Mijin Gakure has a very explicit purpose, and for that purpose it's pretty great. No, it's no Mighty Strikes, but it doesn't really need to be. If they wanted to add a Reraise effect to Mijin, I'd be down with that. But they really shouldn't need to =/.

Edit: Stalking? =/ No. When a guy comes in here with <10 posts calling well known elitist jerks "noobs", I'm going to wonder who the frack this guy is. His character information is public domain, and he has "<3 Cesil" plastered on his FFXIAH. I straight up have no idea who either of you are beyond that. But I do think that you're trying way too hard to cover up for his rampant stupidity and temper tantrums.

If he wants to dig himself into a hole by being a ginormous flaming showerbag all over these forums, that's his own prerogative. If you want to jump in there to try and justify him, that's yours. He's still a troglodyte.
    (14)
    Last edited by Greatguardian; 10-06-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Character
    Khai
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Love how you needed your girlfriend to come in here to try to clean up after your tempter tantrums. That's pro. You are so obviously capable of expressing a coherent thought without relying on other people to translate it for you.

I am an old school Ninja. I'm an extremely elitist Ninja. In fact, I firmly believe that I am better than you at Ninja. I still think this thread is worthless. Your faux-machismo bullcrap isn't going to fly here, son.
    Once again your an ass and not contributing to this conversation so butt out please. fyi i dont need my gf to fight for me, she can do as she please but love how you pick at little bs and cause your insecure with what you are or how you play the game you have to troll every new thread that is posted and try to act like your little exsistance on a game matters so, once again nicely please gtfo, and if you cant read, my initial post clearly ask and seeks out a dev or dev rep's response. not people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    I don't know why you would call Mijin Gakure useless. Especially in lowman situations, inside or outside abyssea - if you go down, you can get up (assuming you were smart enough to use rr before starting the fight/event if outside of abyssea), use rr if necessary (I always carry a rr scroll when on nin outside of abyssea), 2hr, and bam! you're back in action and quite possibly save the day. Or in this case, the fight.

There are other jobs who have 2hrs which really deserves an overhaul, much more so than nin and Mijin Gakure.

Oh and I dinged 75 nin 5 years ago, is that veteran enough for you?
    Thank you for posting something worthwhile. I always carry multi reraise items when im on ninja. But im talking about situation low man or big group situations where it counts like back in the days on hnm or dynamis or voidwatch or w/e that takes some thinking. If you have a ninja tank and the tank goes down, more than like everyone else will, reason why ninjas go down when they do go down is because of insane tp moves and magic elements and for those reason if a ninja goes down everyone else most likely will unless a pld or a mnk (up to date) is present which isnt always around in party due to not everyone choose to go with the same jobs set up to everything. But as i was saying once the nin goes down everyone else fall with it, and when that happens the ninja reraise use its 2hr and yeah its able to rr with unweaken state its not going to help much with support jobs who are weaken and we all know the hate situation isnt as what we would all like it to be.
    (1)

6. 10-06-2011 08:01 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    @Cecil:

It's extremely useful in those lowman situations where shit hits the fan and the nin goes down, there's no form of backup tank and the mob is going for the mages. Because you know, that can actually happen.

Rng 2hr = useless
    Drk 2hr = useless
    Thf 2hr = useless
    Drg 2hr = meh
    Pld 2hr = meh again, would be better if it negated ALL damage
    Mnk 2hr = not always as useful or powerful as people like to think
    War 2hr = close enough to useless in abyssea
    (4)

All I'm gathering from your [Anubis] posts are the following:

1) You don't know how these forums work. The Community Team doesn't respond to threads like yours. Ever.

2) When you post a thread, you have to deal with anyone who wants to post in it posting. Don't like it? Go back to the flaming cesspool that is FFXIAH. We won't miss you.

3) You are so fracking Beta, it's hilarious. You are trying way too hard, bro.

4) You must play with absolutely terrible players if the death of a single Ninja means everyone else is dead and weakened by the time you RR, Mijin, and RR again. Nothing is that flimsy.
    (8)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Seeing this completely in action, Mijin Gakure is usually used as a death warp without exp lost or a very VERY quick way to remove weakness. In truth, A LOT of two hour abilities are without any real combat usage, but not without situational purpose. In short, deal with it.

Having a mangled cock skin waving contest of who's a better nin isn't going to help your cause if you're unwilling to accept any answer that is not what you want to hear.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Thank you for posting something worthwhile. I always carry multi reraise items when im on ninja. But im talking about situation low man or big group situations where it counts like back in the days on hnm or dynamis or voidwatch or w/e that takes some thinking. If you have a ninja tank and the tank goes down, more than like everyone else will, reason why ninjas go down when they do go down is because of insane tp moves and magic elements and for those reason if a ninja goes down everyone else most likely will unless a pld or a mnk (up to date) is present which isnt always around in party due to not everyone choose to go with the same jobs set up to everything. But as i was saying once the nin goes down everyone else fall with it, and when that happens the ninja reraise use its 2hr and yeah its able to rr with unweaken state its not going to help much with support jobs who are weaken and we all know the hate situation isnt as what we would all like it to be.
    The harder VWNM fights I would never ever use nin as tank. Not sure I would use it as tank for the easy ones either to be honest. Nin is pretty weak outside abyssea still, although better than it used to be, but still weak. If you know what you are about to fight does insane tp moves, aoe magic and stuff like that, a nin tank is a bad idea.

In my ls, we have a nin present (an alt char, not a main) for procs, that's it.
    (1)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Maybe they could reverse damage formula, the less HP you have, the better the damage, so when you ll die anyway you can sacrifice yourself for "good" (at least not crappy) damage, or they can make migawari prevent you from dying. (it's not me that explosed, it's the log, i swear).

There are a lot "not as useful" 2h hours, and @Tamoa, invincible is useless if you don't have the hate, i would prefer a 30 seconds stickonmedamnmob than invincible to all damage, it would be very useful for zerg, all DD could go all out for 30 seconds. (maybe that's why SE didn't implemented it yet XD).
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast