Character
    Novalmauge
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 75

FFXI vs FFXIV Gamepad configuration

Ok... I got a new controller for my PC for convenience of playing the two FF titles. (FFXI primarily) I already had an xbox 360, so I purchased the wireless adapter for the PC. Now the problem comes when I tried to configure it to FFXI. Low and behold the triggers on the xbox controller can't be mapped to certain inputs, because they are considered the “Z-axis” which is very frustrating when I’m used to the console controllers set-up and would like to keep everything similar. I couldn't help but noticing when I go to FFXIV configuration and go to setup the game pad, it actually maps the triggers.

All that being said, I’d be appreciative if you could update the FFXI configuration file to allow for the xbox 360 controller’s triggers to be mapped like you did in FFXIV configuration.

I hate having to use 3rd party drivers and even if I try they usually cause more problems than they solve.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    It's not something S-E can really fix, it's a DirectX issue. You'll note that, even through the Windows Control Panel, LT and RT are mapped to the Z-axis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XInput#...nput_vs_XInput
    (0)

Character
    Novalmauge
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 75
    I already knew that the triggers were mapped the Z-axis and thats why I couldn't get map them to Ctrl-palette and alt-palette. Didn't know the other stuff at least it was helpful. Just frustrating...
    (0)