Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrana View Post
    It's so rare for me to have 2 scholars in one alliance that I'll actually have to test this
    Very rare indeed lol :P
    And I'm home from the office now and read my old posts/notes about it, it was the other way around (just like you described).
    It was ONE SCHOLAR using Helix on a target, and all the other 17 Scholars in the alliance using Modus Veritas at the same exact time. That was making the next tic insanely powerful etc.
    It got nerfed, altough honestly that strategy required so much coordination (we were talking about real second by second syncronization among players from very different areas and with very different latencies...) that I wouldn't really consider it as something easily useable in most circumstances.

But back to the healing helix, having multiple people stack HOTs to keep someone alive should be the point, not seen as an abuse. Right now one white mage with some refresh support can do this with direct cure spells, if HOTs can't provide the same amount of utility they they will be passed over for what works.
    True.
    Altough in this picture you'd be able to stack Soothing Helix and Regen, but anyway in my view I didn't consider Soothing Helix as something to use in place of cures, but rather something complementary, to use in synergy with them to create a new interesting and original way of providing a decent way of healing (altough not as strong as a WHM, of course). You'd be able to place HoTs strategically anticipating damage phases, and then topping people off with cures as you would do normally, difference is that HotS would be active (requiring less cures) and your cures would be more effective).
    It's a very common way of healing in other MMORPGs, but in FFXI we just have the WHM model, copied in a more gimp way by RDM, SCH and possibly other jobs subbing /WHM.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Sch definetly needs help in the healing department and SE really seems to want it to have some form of HoT. Giving us Regen IV isn't going to fix anything as enbravra with is 60tic regen isn't even that helpful for hp recovery.This is what I would give sch. I don't have any formulas this is just an example.

Barrier Scholar lvl 75
    Grants a strong regen and stoneskin

Basically It would be fast to cast (not 5 seconds like regen), have a low recast, last for 3 normal tics and restore a pretty large amount of hp over time (sort of like a helix). There would be a stoneskin effect that lasted for the duration that would = the initial hp tic x2. However, any damage taken during that time would be absorbed and taken away from the remaining amount of hp being healed.

So for example

Player loses 1000 hp

Sch casts barrier

Player regains 300 hp and a 600 damage stoneskin in effect giving the player a 900 hp buffer. If the player takes no damage for the other 2 tics then they gain 900 hp and the stoneskin wears off. If however they are hit and recieve say 300 damage. Then 300 damage is subtracted from the remaining tics and would the player end up with +600 hp. If they player recieves 600 or more hp the spell ends and the player ends up with at max 1tic recovered.

If whm can cure 1000+ hp with a 350+ stoneskin in around 1 second I see no issue for sch mitigating 900+, if not given cure V.

An issue I do see however is how would you get it to work with rapture and/or perpetuance without the spell either being over or underpowered.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree with Ahrana entirely on this. It has been an extremely boring and disappointing concept since starting HNM activities that the only thing you can really use as far as healing is cure spells. To have whole lines of defensive and offensive buffs made entirely worthless in accuracy and potency, and to make slews of mobs where buffing is either 100% pointless or harmful is ridiculous. Mobs like this haven't made fighting them more interesting or strategic, it's just made it so only one job can heal the fight.

My position on healing helix is the same as it was when it was first brought up on this forum. The concept sounds interesting. I don't trust SE to put it to practice in a usable and beneficial manner.
    (1)

Player
    Almost no need for this at all with the new Light Arts adjustments for Regen spells coming next update.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Almost no need for this at all with the new Light Arts adjustments for Regen spells coming next update.
    Hopefully.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Hopefully.
    Test server info already shows Regen IV being 50hp/tic with Light Arts and +2 Emp hat, and adds an extra minute and a half to the duration.

It's roughly 2,500hp healed over time for 82mp. Even more-so if you use Perpetuance and +2 gloves.
    (0)

Player
    whoa some interesting ideas being thrown out there, on topic with the original post, more of a general question for any of you who think this is an interesting/good idea, what would be a fairly balanced range of potency for a high value per tic regen like helix?

also the added cure potency don't see why that couldn't be shared, would give more reason to have a sch in party IMO as it would better assist main and back up healers maintain tanks even if 5% isn't that much.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Tbh letting the potency shared would probably be simpler for them implement, from a developing point of view. Putting a buff on a friend that only grants a bonus to whomever cast it might be a bit hard to code...

As for the potency I don't know, tics would be every 9/10 seconds, so I assume at least 100.
    Anything below that would make it kinda lame, since we can easily get 50hp with regen.
    It should be empowered by MND the way normal helixes are empowered by INT.
    Since it would be working the same way Helixes do, the initial tic would influence the following tics you get every ~10 seconds.
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Honestly, if they just boosted Light Arts and gave it like 10%+ more Cure Potency or so and some built in enmity decrease while in Light Arts mode I'd be happy with crappy Cure IVs, but that ain't gonna happen ever..
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Alas I'm afraid we won't see that.
    I'd also apreciate another tier of Grimoire: Fastcast if you ask me :P
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast