Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Maybe I'm just unlucky then... I have the full set and I never see that kinda damage.
    Had it happen once or twice now with 3/5 +2s, so it's rare enough lol.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    Had it happen once or twice now with 3/5 +2s, so it's rare enough lol.
    Hook me up with the person who made your sig. I like it.
    (0)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    nvm found it. Kingfury
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Maybe I'm just unlucky then... I have the full set and I never see that kinda damage.
    Never really digged carefully through information on the set bonus, but I always assumed it worked similarly to BLM's?

We have a new trait called Blood Boon which works similarly to Conserve MP.
    It has a certain time to proc, and when it does it greatly reduces the amount of MP used for that blood pact.
    Set bonus makes so that when this happens (i.e. blood boon procs) there's another small chance (~10%?) that the Blood Pact will do double damage.

So it's ~10% chance on something (blood boon) that has a low proc rate, which means it's much less than 10% and hence why you haven't seen it very often.
    To maximise the set bonus proc changes you probably would have to equip the full set and a lot of +blood boon gear. Increasing the chances of Blood Boon to proc consequentially increases the chances of the set bonus to proc. There's not much Blood Boon gear sadly.
    Diabolos Belt if I recall, Gifted Earring and Soulscourge (and AF3 of course). Something else I forgot?

I don't have my sets with me atm (@ office) but I think I do use full AF3+2 during the last part of my magical BP macros. Think I've seen the bonus proc a few times on Voidwatch with Thunderstorm for ~3k damage in Voidwatch.
    Sadly never had many chances to play SMN in Abyssea, so never saw those sexy Ultimate/Beyond/Minikin procs but I have no troubles believing people can do more than 7k. I did 4-5k damage on a lot of mob with Shiva, if you double that damage with Set bonus you could easily break 7k and even much more.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes... yes... and am I correct in thinking that you do not need the full 5/5 +2s in order to get the set bonus? The way i figured... it was just: The more +2 versions you have... the greater the chance... like 2% proc rate/piece at a maximum of 10%. That way... even if you only have 1 +2 item in a set, you at least still got the bonus some of the time.

This is of course contrary to the way I envisioned a "set" working based on previous experience... I always assumed that you actually needed the SET to make it work... not just part of the set.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes... yes... and am I correct in thinking that you do not need the full 5/5 +2s in order to get the set bonus?
    Supposing I'm right and that the SMN AF3+2 proc % is roughly 10% (most sets have 5%, a few have 10) then yes, you're very right.
    It increases the more pieces you have. For the 5% sets it's 2% for 2 pieces, 3% for 3 pieces, 4% for 4 pieces, 5% for 5 pieces.
    Guess it's double that for 10% sets.

I always assumed that you actually needed the SET to make it work... not just part of the set.
    Yes but there are some sets that work with partial bonuses. The Allied Notes ones are another example of sets working that way.
    There might be more I can't remember of.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank you for clearing that up... I had my suspicions... but I could never find any concrete research into ability... you know... because it's a SMN ability... and for whatever reason... we get ignored a lot.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3