Thread: Gob Sack

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Gob Sack and Macro Adjustments

I've had some ideas in regard to the inventory situation on XI. I understand that there have been many implementations to reduce the strain people have had with their inventories, but there's another pressing issue. For people that dedicate themselves to one main job, they're likely to have more than 80 pieces of equipment that they can utilize in macros. That becomes problematic when trying to fit it all into a Gobbie Bag. Having to carry food, medicine and tools also prevents being able to gear appropriately when necessary.

What I'm suggesting is that a new inventory be implemented, dubbed Gob Sack(similar in name to the Mog Sack). This could be a new inventory with a cap of 80 that is also accessible outside of Mog Houses. What would make this special is that you would still be able to equip any gear that's in this Gob Sack via macros or when in the equipment menu. For example, I'm unable to fit my hMP gear into my Gobbie Bag, so I keep it in my Mog Satchel. However, if I placed it into my Gob Sack, I would be able to use it in macros regularly as if the pieces were in my Gobbie Bag.

If this would be difficult to implement using only /equip, then adjusting it slightly as necessary wouldn't be an issue. How the macro syntax could work would be, in example:

(Item in Gobbie Bag)/equip1 main "Pluto's Staff"

(Item in Gob Sack)/equip2 sub "Ariesian Grip"

I'm not requesting another 80 inventory spaces just for the sake of having more room on my character, but more so that there be another way to macro in equipment that's not in the Gobbie Bag. This could be done using the existing Mog Satchel and Mog Sack and it would be fine.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    (32)
    Last edited by Ashay; 10-05-2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Changed the title.

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I believe this has been brought up several times in the past, regarding why you can't already do this with the existing mog satchel/sack. It has to do with not being able to equip gear and access items from more than one location. It's an inherent limitation of the game's code. If this were possible, they would have done it already with the existing storage options.

In short, PS2 limitations.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinius View Post
    In short, PS2 limitations.
    No, no one ever said that. And it's wrong. It would work.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Buffy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    My personal suggestion is a sack for each job, questable at level 100. If on ninja, can equip gear from ninja sack. If on blm, can equip gear from blm sack. Anything usable over multiple jobs can be put in main inventory along with meds. Just give us twenty sacks.
    (8)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Yes but people really don't need more room for gear. The problem is actually picking out the stuff you need from a list that's completely unorganized. It's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Yes but people really don't need more room for gear.
    Wrong. People who like to gear their job(s) for maximum efficiency DO need more room for gear. Not in their Mog House, but in their actual inventory.

It would be awesome if the OP's idea was to be implemented.
    (15)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    While it would be nice to have more room for gear, what might help almost as much would be to have a separate bag for things that drop from the field. Items received through the treasure pool (lot'ed, auto drop, default drop when solo, etc) would first go into the treasure bag. You could then take things out but not put anything in yourself. That way, you can use all of your slots for gear.
    (6)

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thanks for the comments! I think it would work well in the end. It would take time to fine tune, but that's what the test server is for, right? In the end, it would be a lot more useful to have that extra space for macros, even if it's using the existing Mog Sack and Satchel.

Allowing us to use items even if they're outside of the Gobbie Bag would be nice, but that wouldn't be sufficient enough for people with over 80 pieces of equipment. Mage jobs in particular have this issue, though anybody that's dedicated to their jobs will have a lot of equipment.

I don't think PS2 limitations could really conflict with this, considering they changed the way /wait works in macros.
    (1)

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I personally don't really care if the current system can allow for it. Providing more space on your char for gear means we all have space for all that situational gear which keeps us playing for that much longer so we can obtain it. It is in SE's best interest to give us more inventory space on our person. If it can be done in any form or fashion, it should be. If it can't then they should redo the system. If that means goodbye ps2? It's going to happen eventually as you cannot buy them anymore and when they die they are gone for good.
    (4)

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    I personally don't really care if the current system can allow for it. Providing more space on your char for gear means we all have space for all that situational gear which keeps us playing for that much longer so we can obtain it. It is in SE's best interest to give us more inventory space on our person. If it can be done in any form or fashion, it should be. If it can't then they should redo the system. If that means goodbye ps2? It's going to happen eventually as you cannot buy them anymore and when they die they are gone for good.
    I agree. It seems as if the PS2 version is hindering XI more than it ever has in the past. More inventory spaces would be nice, hence having a separate inventory called Gob Sack. I'd be fine with the macro adjustment working with Mog Sacks and Satchels as well, though.
    (5)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast