Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Buff phalanx 2, give whm phalanx 1, everybody wins?
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    To be completely honest, I didn't think I would need to explain why more then I already did in my previous post (quoted for convenience after this) since the answer seemed to be completely obvious and self evident to me.
    You didn't need to. That was the point.

I can't believe this thread is still going on. It's rather silly really.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    You're not going to be keeping Blink or Stoneskin up full-time on other people in content that matters (read: content where things don't have floored accuracy) anyway.

And if you can keep Blink and Stoneskin up full-time on people, then you can keep Aquaveil up on them as well - 3 minute duration / 3 spells = 1 minute between casts. Huh, that's the strategem charge timer, isn't it? After the first two minutes, it's just like juggling - one buff goes down just as you get a charge ready to put it back up.
    Assuming that the Stoneskin would last the 2 minutes+ which it wont.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Assuming that the Stoneskin would last the 2 minutes+ which it wont.
    Yes, that's what I said in the first sentence. You aren't going to be keeping Accessioned Blink up longer than, roughly, its recast, because that's about how long it'll take for two hits to get landed.

Which is why the second part is covering only situations where you can keep both of those up for long durations (why you're fighting large numbers of trash mobs in groups is beyond me).

To be honest, though, keeping Stoneskin on everyone is a full-time job in itself best left for either a SCH or a SMN. (And even then, they might not be able to, either. 350 damage doesn't go very far anymore.)
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Yes, that's what I said in the first sentence. You aren't going to be keeping Accessioned Blink up longer than, roughly, its recast, because that's about how long it'll take for two hits to get landed.

Which is why the second part is covering only situations where you can keep both of those up for long durations (why you're fighting large numbers of trash mobs in groups is beyond me).

To be honest, though, keeping Stoneskin on everyone is a full-time job in itself best left for either a SCH or a SMN. (And even then, they might not be able to, either. 350 damage doesn't go very far anymore.)
    Off topic but: I'd still love Stoneskin II, especially if it used the style of Phalanx II, party targetable would be great for both WHM and RDM.
    (2)

Player
    STOP STEALING RDM SPELLS

You can get phalanx, its called subjob rdm.

No, you cannot have phalanx as a native spell because you are Whm and don't need phalanxaga as /sch as you are the only ones with Cure V. Stay in your side of the court until rdm,sch get Cure V!
    (2)

Paladins got it, so I want it too.
    Its the only nonexclusive white magic RDM spell that we don't have...yet.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    To be honest, though, keeping Stoneskin on everyone is a full-time job in itself best left for either a SCH or a SMN.
    Actually, it is purely a job for White Mage. Cureskin ftw.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Actually, it is purely a job for White Mage. Cureskin ftw.
    Yeah, but what are all the melees going to do with their "Enhances 'Stoneskin' effect" gear?
    (1)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The idea of Phalanx for WHM is amazing. WHM/SCH would be able to apply Phalanx-ga flawlessly, and would be very fitting for the job as WHM already has to run into the fray of battle to cast bar-spells, Esuna and other such spells to hit the entire group currently engaged. Phalanx would be a fantastic addition.

Since the spell was already given to PLD, it shouldn't really be an issue since both WHM and PLD gain access to fairly unique White Magic.

Edit: All of this RDM bickering over what spells they get and don't get is a bit redundant. RDM is a highly well balanced job that can Solo things that most mage jobs simply cannot accomplish. Crying for Cure V, and Crying everytime a spell that was originally given to RDM is given to another job is silly.

Instead of arguing for spells already implemented. Why don't you focus on asking for spells in the RDM FORUM that would better allow RDM to perform. I mean, you all asked for the crap that Temper is, don't worry. No other mage job will EVER take that away from RDM. Thread hi-jacking for suggestions doesn't make the DEVS care to read into the bickering. That's why there are job tabs which is what they look for.
    (2)
    Last edited by Amador; 10-05-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast