Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Return1 View Post
    Melee are also more useful on 9.
    You have got to be joking. 9 is the least melee-friendly of the four new fluxes. 9 is why everyone started coming on pet jobs in the first place. 8 can be done with a mix of melee (for little turtles) and mages (the bosses); 10 is a mess no matter what; and 11 could be done with just melees (and a small amount of luck - and no, I'm not referring to the ~75% chance of a brew dropping to someone in 11 thanks to the sheer number of regular skeletons).

Also, good luck pulling the boss as the first mob in 9 without somehow having all the others join it. If you've got a video of someone pulling that off, I'd like to see it, because I'm not sure it's possible.
    (2)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Return1 View Post
    VW is Endgame. If you don't like EG, don't do it. Simple enough, no?

Abyssea is not endgame. It's an EXP camp designed to quickly level players and get them the new Hauby/O.Hat/Turban/SB/SH type gear they needed to compete with Endgame, where they'll get the more powerful gear to push their character further for the extra dedication.

EG is not where the largest jumps in gear power have ever come from. EG is and always has been a bunch of relatively minor upgrades, with a few exceptions, that result in a large difference when combined.

Let's look at 75cap gear progression:
    Brigandine (Lowbie)> Hauby (Casual/EXP)> Adaberk (Endgame).

The Brigandine is utterly destroyed by the higher AH gear. The Hauby is clearly inferior to the Adaberk, but obviously there is nowhere near as obscene a stat jump as before.

Now we have AF3+2 that has, for the most part, set the bar ridiculously high compared to our previous gear options. This AF3 is easily obtained and not too badly outclassed by the new armor. As VW progresses, I bet we'll see an Adaberk like jump in gear over AF3+2. This is smart because Casuals will not be too underarmed, and the "elite" crowd will be able to push for better gear. Everyone wins.

Can you people really not see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciecle View Post
    Abyssea <~ Exp camps
    WoE <~ Sky
    Voidwatch <~ Sea
    "Dungeon Crawling" <~ Einherjar/ZNM

this is basically what SE looks to be following along the lines of now.
    lol @ thinking that ffxi has some sort of endgame like it did.

oh how i miss how people had to find that right mix of int and elemental magic so you don't get resist, now it is, cast in full emp +2 and you are good, no reason to use any kind of judgment.

holding mobs for procs is super hard -.-

As for communication, I see no improvement since they said they where trying when they made the helpcenter vs just calling it a call center. I think that would be 2 years ago now? If it improved, people would not have a problem getting wrongful banned accounts back. SE does what they want, they tell us what they are going to do, even if everyone disagrees and hates it, they do it anyway till mass people complain about it 3 months straight before they change it. I am pointing to the billing system for that statement.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 10-06-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Just read about the upcoming nerf to war, so aside from horrible drop rates, stupid time sinks to try make up for a serious lack of content it's also time for some nerfing! lol All this stuff being done in such a short space of time too.

They aren't even trying to have a transition period it's just right back to old ways now. Tanaka, back in charge!
    (7)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    You have got to be joking. 9 is the least melee-friendly of the four new fluxes. 9 is why everyone started coming on pet jobs in the first place. 8 can be done with a mix of melee (for little turtles) and mages (the bosses); 10 is a mess no matter what; and 11 could be done with just melees (and a small amount of luck - and no, I'm not referring to the ~75% chance of a brew dropping to someone in 11 thanks to the sheer number of regular skeletons).

Also, good luck pulling the boss as the first mob in 9 without somehow having all the others join it. If you've got a video of someone pulling that off, I'd like to see it, because I'm not sure it's possible.
    There`s a huge difference in melee friendliness between a mob having low tp gain and a mob constantly spamming WSes. The only reason #9 mobs are currently not melee friendly, is because they get force fed massive amounts of TP.

When you go in with a 6 man group with WHM support and a BRD for your melee, they become a joke and the tp moves are far more manageable. FRar squishier than turtles.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Just read about the upcoming nerf to war, so aside from horrible drop rates, stupid time sinks to try make up for a serious lack of content it's also time for some nerfing! lol All this stuff being done in such a short space of time too.

They aren't even trying to have a transition period it's just right back to old ways now. Tanaka, back in charge!
    What nerf, where, link prz? O.o
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I thought this was going to be about how missing phrases and terms from the auto-translate were ruining the game (they are), but instead it was just an over-exaggerated perception of one man's view on the current state of things.

Nothing to see here, move along people.
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Isn't it time we had a reply to this topic?

Or is it going to be swept under the rug before it becomes even more popular?
    (0)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Too little too late. Need gigantic nerfs to keep players playing!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

More low-man content please. Doesn't have to be easy - but the challenge shouldn't be shouting for 17 people to join you.
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast