Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Some ideas for changes for Summoner

Hello guys this is my second attempt at this thread I decided to remake it after a bit more thinking here are some new ideas.

Adjustments to Perpetuation Cost
    I think that Perpetuation cost is ok at higher levels, but at lower levels and Mid levels it prevents summoners from keeping there pets out due to limited amount of gear to pick from and a low MP pool. So here are some adjustments to Perpetuation Cost.

1.)Change the 3 Second Tick, to a 10 Second Tick.
    -Instead of lowing Perpetuation cost for the avatars I had a new idea, why not simply make the Perpetuation drain take place every 10 Seconds similar to how the Resting tick works. I think this is the easiest solution and it wouldn't require any adjustments to our gear.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Adjustments to The Avatars & Elemental Spirits

I think all the avatars are very similar the only difference they have is basically there bloodpacts, and there avatar favor, so I think that they should be given some uniqueness to influence summoners to use different avatars depending on the situation.

1.)Changes to Avatar Favor
    I feel that Summoner doesn't fit with Stances, and its unnecessary to make our avatars weaker so here are some adjustments to Avatar Favor.
    -Make Avatar Favor into a Trait (No Penalty)
    -Allow the Avatar Favor to affect the Avatar. (This would increase avatar uniqueness)

2.)Adjustments to Bloodpacts
    -I think that Summoner should have a additional perk as a buffer, since unlike BRD and COR they need to pay MP for there buffs, and many of them are not all that. I think they should buff all party members, and alliance members in the party similar to how they can buff the npcs in campaign.

3.)Adjustments to Elementals
    I think that Elementals have been untouched for a long time and some life should be brought back to them since they are one of our tools. Here are some adjustments to them.
    -Increase Amount of spells they learn for example give Earth Spirit Stoneskin, Air Spirit Haste, oh and the Tier V nukes.
    -some new commands should be added to influence there behavior.
    *Offensive-The elemental focuses on high damaging spells.
    *Defensive-The elemental focuses on protecting the party.
    *Passive-The elemental focuses on healing and buffing the party.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Adjustments to The Summoner

Here are some adjustments to the Summoner.

1.)Astral Flow
    -Instead of Astral Flow taking all your MP I think it should only absorb the amount of MP that is needed for the move.
    -I think the Range of the Bloodpacts should be increased.

2.)Elemental Siphon
    -Increase the amount of MP drained by the Elemental TP. at max TP 300% it should drain double of what it currently drains.
    (0)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 10-22-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    You're suggesting a complete upheaval of SMN as it is known and played today. It takes a lot of diligent work, e.i. time, to gather equipment that addresses the perp cost down to a manageable level, if not completely erases it while in the process of increasing Avatar potential.

As for Odin and Alexander, there's some kind of story behind keeping them out... end of the world... something or another. Stop caring about that months they were released. It's a pipe dream to want them as regular summons though.

The only thing I see of interest is blood pacts behaving like the DNC job abilities, which is something I never considered. However for the most part, it's in the manifesto for SMN to possibly get a job ability to mitigate the recast timers on blood pacts.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Smn forum is over there ->
    (2)

Well the job always needed a complete do-over. I'm kind of thrilled to have had the opportunity to play the worst class ever conceived in history of video gaming. It is so you can tell your grand kids that when you had to play MMOs, you had to actually have a negative MP regeneration rate between battles, and you had to spend MP to do what all other jobs did for free. Not to mention you grew weaker each time you leveled until you had catched up on skill that raised with 0.1 per day.

It is sad to say, but it is only story and cutscenes that SE can do right.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you removed the perp, half of the point to the trails stalves would be negated.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Everyone where you look there are summoners. Soloing NMs in abyssea, creating a wall of Garudas on skeletons in WOE flux 11. (LOL, never played SMN but pretty sure Garuda isn't best choice on skeletons.) The job doesn't need a thing.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Everyone where you look there are summoners. Soloing NMs in abyssea, creating a wall of Garudas on skeletons in WOE flux 11. (LOL, never played SMN but pretty sure Garuda isn't best choice on skeletons.) The job doesn't need a thing.
    You're right but they don't known any better. Could you imagine a dozen or so Titans out there though? Lag would be the last thing others will complain about.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Player
    If SE is so insistent on maintaining the current SMN design (which imo is horrific), all I could ask for is a quick-fire means of calling a BP out directly from a JA list similar to COR rolls so I can just skip the Summon -> Assault -> BP -> Release cycle, and instead have the avatar appear and be ready to use the ability.

Lord knows it'd make that new Stunga move a heck lot more viable.
    (1)

Ifrit or Titan in Flux 11. Stop using Garuda on Skeletons. Garuda is not your only avatar.
    (2)
    Last edited by noodles355; 10-03-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Player
    Summary of idea: Make SMN less expensive for the worst geared SMN and more expensive for the best geared SMN.

I like it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast