Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.

However, rather than simply adjusting their behavior, we feel that everyone might enjoy things a bit more if we were to do something different, so we feel this is a bit low on the priority scale. However, if you feel differently please let us know!
    Eh, I feel it's pretty low there, Camate. Don't get me wrong; I'd love my little ball of energy to be useful once in a while. Voidwatch, sometimes there's a lot of spells and since we don't bring a DRK I use my Dark Spirit for Absorb spells. If I'm in the outside party, I use Light Spirit for buffs. The rest? Our BLM or RDM can handle them, it seems pointless to use them for anything else but Siphon. I don't really see a point to enhancing them, even if you do open up their spell lists a bit more. I mean, I'd appreciate it on Light Spirit (Protect/Shell V {Yes Please} ;~; ), but for the most part, I hope this gets dropped on the priority list.

Mala's list is a pretty good feel of what I'd like to see, though I'd bump armors with pet boosts up a few notches to above Spirits (They'd be great for BPs or slots where you don't have to worry about -perp... hell, I'd be willing to go make a ToM staff for them if the slots are good enough. I just hate going from four staves back up to eleven again for SMN. ;~; ) and then bump the rest of the list down one.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sorry summoners, our job is VERY LOW in the priority
    Spirits is not "our joh." The avatars are.

the other 99% of the job is not as low a priority as spirits are. The rest of the summoner community should be offended that something more important about the job isn't being looked into.

That's how you should be interpreting this.

The only way I'd ever want to use a spirit outside of their current (and highly useful) functions is if I could have both an avatar and a spirit at the same time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-10-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Sorry summoners, our job is VERY LOW in the priority, extremely low, maybe in 5 years low... This type of response is somewhat offensive. For a game that is bringing them ACTUAL money from paying subscribers, improving and updating the game should be VERY HIGH in the priority. Let's see how many people will actually pay for the hot mess that is FF14 by this December shall we? Charging for a full year before they release the version 2 is a very smart business move, if your intention is to just kill that business. On the other hand, might as well just kill FF14 so they can focus on 11 - in retrospect, starting to charge a year before hand is a very smart move.

There are tons of fixes that they need to do with summoner still but I doubt they will do it soon. Beast and Pup finally got the love they deserve, it is about time we do as well. For some reasons the developer really really hate summoner job....
    Wow how ungrateful...

Look maybe you should have read that alittle better. Camate was saying that elemental spirits were low priority not the smn job. Camate took the time to tell you that they know about that issue with the job and that they are working on a change and all you can do is wine?

It's looks to me that you drk's,smn's just like to whine sometimes... If SE says they are working on a problem some of you have wanted fixed you should be at least grateful they have said as much. I'm still waiting on a fix for black mage's inablitly to have a emp,mythic,reilc that's useful.
    (9)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What we should be more concerned about is how the two bits of news are totally un-newsworthy.

Warrior: We're impleneting this nerf as planned, and we will watch it carefully.

Summoner: We're looking into this, but we're not doing anything now.

<insert job> We've decided not to do anything here and monitor the situation.
    (0)

Character
    Brotherhood
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    GO back to wow.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I must be one of the few don't really see anything to take out of this.

Enhancing elemental spirits low on the list of priorities for SMN as a whole... sounds like it is. There's other things many of us who play SMN are looking forward to more than enhancing elemental spirits and I'd like to hear something in regards to those things before responding to it.
    (1)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Dann
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hey if the developers can think of some new creative use for spirits, then im all for it. If thats what he means when he said we might enjoy it if they did something diffrent aside from ONLY adjusting their behavior.
    (1)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'd personally be happy if everytime we summoned an avatar two helper spirits came out with it. Or we could use a job ability that allowed to helper spirits to come out with it in exchange for extra perp cost. For instance, think waking the beast quest, just with less spirits. Although, the spirits need a boost in there spell list and there AI, with a little less casting time and this would be a great combo. Also maybe you could control the two helper spirits depending on bloodpact you used. If a physical bloodpact was used, the spirits would nuke. If an enhancing bloodpact was used the spirits would use enhancing magic. It would be fun imo. Imagine a carbuncle and two light spirits. Carbuncle readies healing ruby II, light spirit 1 and 2 ready curaga IV (a little overpowered obviously :P would be scaled down). Or, carbuncle readies holy mist, light spirits 1 and 2 ready Holy II, etc. And when the avatar dies, the elementals dismiss. Also, all hate from the combined attacks of the avatar and spirits would be combined on the avatar. That way a smn solo can't have just have to two spirits get hate and the avatar lives, lengthening the time they have to run away / repostition,etc. Would be broken solo without. But yea, just an idea.

oh and btw, since we know atomos is a 2hr summon. I better see a giant mouth in the sky when we summon him! No stupid cavernous maw! (I can dream right :P)
    (0)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Spirits are just as much a part of the Summoner Job description as Avatar Pacts are - just most people dont use spirits because they are worthless in most situations. I would welcome some changes to the way that spirits work so they are used on a regular basis. However I believe that samurai needs a few more uber updates first *snickers*
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

I've always thought it'd be kinda neat to summon a Pixie. (Maybe it could revive you too)

But anyways, about Spirits. I think the main issue is how much perpetuation cost they have so lowing that by a tremendous amount would be nice.

Also, add Bahamut already.
    (0)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast