Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Ifrit or Titan in Flux 11. Stop using Garuda on Skeletons. Garuda is not your only avatar.
    The irony is that carbuncle is bad on them, even though you expect undead to be weak to light damage. I think the highest I've seen is about 500 damage, and that is still a JA higher than level 75.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One thing I have noticed even with Carbuncle Mitts is that Summoner is the only pet job that has such a bad hindrance to deal with, and that is Perpetuation cost.
    1) "Even with carbuncle mitts?" I don't even carry carby mitts anymore. You don't need them AT ALL for free carbuncle. As it is, it's easy to negate the entire perp cost of any avatar.

2) "Summoner is the only pet job that has such a bad hindrance to deal with, and that is Perpetuation cost." Overload and Burden are as bad if not a worse hinderance than perp cost, which is really very trivial. Summoner's real problem is blood pact timers.

If you think perp cost is a serious issue for summoner, than you probably need to upgrade your gear.

The irony is that carbuncle is bad on them, even though you expect undead to be weak to light damage. I think the highest I've seen is about 500 damage, and that is still a JA higher than level 75.
    It seems to be a rule of this game that light element cannot be powerful. Holy mist is only BARELY better than meteorite.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It seems to be a rule of this game that light element cannot be powerful.
    I'd agree with that. Even with Beyond/Other MaB atmas, my mule's Banish and Holies are pretty weak without solace/misery boost.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Pretty much why I stick to meteorite and soothing ruby now. Although soothing ruby range bothers me.

Any way, I notice that SMN does not do well in the hands of people who think it's a pick up and go job.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

If you think perp cost is a serious issue for summoner, than you probably need to upgrade your gear.
    I still think it is a shame that SMN is the only job you have to gear to avoid penalties. I don't wear perpetuation gear to be better, I do it to not be worse than all other jobs.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I still think it is a shame that SMN is the only job you have to gear to avoid penalties. I don't wear perpetuation gear to be better, I do it to not be worse than all other jobs.
    It's not. PUP needs gear to avoid overload and even then it's not a guarantee. Yes, we have cooldown now, but it's a band-aid for an artificially induced problem that doesn't need to exist.
    COR needs to use special abilities just to have the chance to have their buffs be fully effective and avoid Busting.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Perp cost, I feel, is nessecary. Some of you may forget that FFXI is an mmo that have a MAJOR emphasis on teaming up with others and supporting others. This is why several jobs have abilitiest to cover others short comings. Yes, gear is out there to be more self-sufficient and if that's what you want, make it a point to get it.

Like some said at ffxiah, smn got away like a bandit with our AF3 +1/2. Get it and use it. Perp cost is not an issue, even for novice smn if they put some effort into getting that, as well as other refresh gear. And... You know, an evorker's ring. I swear that there's an increasing number of smn without one.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While it's pretty easy to negate, I'd have to agree that it's necessary. It has the greatest effect in the lowest levels, where pets are very powerful relative to other jobs. If perpetuation cost didn't exist, they'd probably have weakened the avatars in some way more than they already are.

Soranika said it best; our Empyrean armor is amazing. Other than the hands which are OK but mostly a macro piece, every piece is worth wearing for a majority of the time. Grab a moonshade earring with refresh and a wivre hairpin with refresh for when you're idle. Other mages can only dream to recover MP as easily as SMN can.
    (0)

Player
    *Emp+2 head, nitpick.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Ifrit or Titan in Flux 11. Stop using Garuda on Skeletons. Garuda is not your only avatar.
    Okay I was wondering if there was some super secret "summoner only" reason for using "claws" on skeles...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast