Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure V

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232801<- Cure potency/enmity down set.
    You might want to fix that it says you're wearing two Heka's Kalasiris at the same time.
    (4)

2. 10-03-2011 07:29 PM
    Reason
    Unnecessary insulting language

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    As long as it's not Sleep, Silence, Petrify, or Amnesia, WHM already has this.

It's called Sacrifice.
    That only works with the Misery JA up and requires the WHM be standing NEXT to the tanks, aka within monster aoe range.

Plus we're trying to get rid of status ailments, putting them on yourself is a very BAD idea.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Comment deleted by Moderator.
    Don't respond to her. Click her name then click "add to ignore list". *poof* problem solved. [Comment deleted by Moderator]
    (0)
    Last edited by Qeepel; 10-03-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Inflammatory.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    That only works with the Misery JA up and requires the WHM be standing NEXT to the tanks, aka within monster aoe range.

Plus we're trying to get rid of status ailments, putting them on yourself is a very BAD idea.
    Actually, you are thinking of Esuna, Sacrifice can be used at range, and requires that Solace be up for it to absorb multiple things, or things Erase can remove.

Esuna requires Misery to be up when using it if you want to remove anything nasty too, but even then it only removes a maximum of 2 things. It is probably the only good use for Misery, since Cura requires you to take damage while it is up, and Auspice's accuracy boost get massively nerfed.

And while this is the Red Mage subforum, I wonder why Scholar hasn't gotten Sacrifice (under Add.White) yet, since it gets many of the other White Mage enfeeble removal, and is single target (like the rest of Scholar's spells). Unless SE plans on going to Samurai route and giving the Afflatus JA out but nerfed when your main isn't White Mage, it wouldn't really allow Scholar to outdo White Mage that much either (and even if they did, the could nerf it from seven to two ailments while under Solace, like they'd nerf the cureskin).

Anyways, putting debuffs on yourself isn't a bad idea if you have Esuna access (and the debuff isn't Paralyze), or if the debuffs are something along the lines of Attack Down or Accuracy Down, or STR down. But Sacrifice is used so little in the field that even very competent White Mages will forget that they have it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Anyways, putting debuffs on yourself isn't a bad idea if you have Esuna access (and the debuff isn't Paralyze), or if the debuffs are something along the lines of Attack Down or Accuracy Down, or STR down. But Sacrifice is used so little in the field that even very competent White Mages will forget that they have it.
    Yeah, the main reason I mentioned it was because I was on a Durinn run yesterday that involved four or five Dvalinn fights.

One cast of Sacrifice beats the hell out of having to spam Erase.
    (0)

Player
    I'm counting roughly -68% Cast Time on cures from Sch, -80% for Whm (49% Cure Potency and -38 enmity) and ~-76% (LA 50% Cure potency -50 Enmity) for Rdm, can anyone point out anything I've missed?

On Topic: While it's pretty clear SE wants a main healing job it's pretty ridiculous when no one else is even in the league behind the main healer. For serious events it isn't a case of 'Whm not on, get someone else who can help cure' it's 'Whm not on, someone switch to Whm' (or be like someone else here, and be gimp at curing/damage/benefiting your group outside of procs/2 hour).
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-03-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    Yeah, the main reason I mentioned it was because I was on a Durinn run yesterday that involved four or five Dvalinn fights.
    That's actually pretty funny, because the last time that I can specifically remember casting Sacrifice aside from messing around or casting random spells on someone in my party to toy around was on those mobs. It wasn't anytime recent either.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Don't respond to her. Click her name then click "add to ignore list". *poof* problem solved.
    Problem should considering it even got edited because obviously they can't handle facts being told about them, when in doubt, whine to a mod,

actually, i think i know who it was, this one has done it before. gotta love when people get butthurt.

I wonder why Scholar hasn't gotten Sacrifice (under Add.White) yet, since it gets many of the other White Mage enfeeble removal, and is single target (like the rest of Scholar's spells).
    Because sacrifice is a exclusive WHM spell, common sense would tell you they won't give exclusive spells to other jobs that easily, especially something as good as sacrafice.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    I'm counting roughly -68% Cast Time on cures from Sch, -80% for Whm (49% Cure Potency and -38 enmity) and ~-76% (LA 50% Cure potency -50 Enmity) for Rdm, can anyone point out anything I've missed?

On Topic: While it's pretty clear SE wants a main healing job it's pretty ridiculous when no one else is even in the league behind the main healer. For serious events it isn't a case of 'Whm not on, get someone else who can help cure' it's 'Whm not on, someone switch to Whm' (or be like someone else here, and be gimp at curing/damage/benefiting your group outside of procs/2 hour).
    I got RDM 79% without /SCH
    (0)

Player
    Oh wow, I forgot staff when I'm making one lol, so all 3 jobs near cap on -cast time then.
    (0)

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast