Thread: Cure V

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Cure V without solace, emp+2 body and emp+2 pants (they can nerf the fixed enmity on it if they really want) isn't going to suddenly make Rdm the best healer again.
    Somehow I doubt WHM's pants make that much of a difference compared to RDM's Refresh 2. The only time I can honestly say it's helped is when I'm bouncing between Cure 5 and 6 or dropping an AoE heal.
    (0)
    What is the Cure released five red forehead and I agree.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Hey, stop trolling this is a serious thread i want RDM to get cure V. Also RDM will probably get Stone/WaterV by the time we're 99.
    They wont get tier V, SE will not give 2 tier V spells. It'd be all or none. Personally it will be none. RDM is capable but not better.

Tier IV, while BLM gets V and it should be tier V Cure when WHM get's Cure VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    So does every damn RDM, because they want to be broken again, you don't need Cure V, period. maybe you do need something stronger then cure 4 but 5 is asking for to much, it's like asking to give whm a A+ enfeebling skill rating as well as a natural fast cast. RDM has it's time to shine for years, time to move on. it is still a fun job and can solo very well, refresh 2 is very good when abyssea is not involved, espcially with af3, why do you want rdm to be over powerd?
    Yes, they do need V. It needs to be gimped in more than just the Enmity- but RDM needs Tier V. Spell progression doesnt go I, II, III, IV, IV.5 and V it goes I, II, II, IV and V.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 10-03-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
    Somehow I doubt WHM's pants make that much of a difference compared to RDM's Refresh 2. The only time I can honestly say it's helped is when I'm bouncing between Cure 5 and 6 or dropping an AoE heal.

It's not the only thing but it certainly helps. I left a bunch of other stuff out of that extremely small list.

It's not the difference between pants and refresh 2 but either sublimation + arts or convert and refresh 1, unless all your whms run around /blm (I'll give you /thf but even then with proper auto gear and depending on targets mp still isn't a problem for whm as much anymore).
    (1)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-03-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I find it funny, but I'm of the same opinion of Pink Mages as some people are against Melee. But mine is a bit more grounded in fact.

RDM does not need to be WHM -1, as it will simply be shoved into the healer role instead of any other role at all, and we saw the consequences to WHM when that was done in the ToAU era. The player base WILL go with the absolute minimum healing required to any event if it's not forced on them to take more than one individual. (which usually means inviting a Hybrid.) I'd rather our healing load take the hit and our Enfeebeling/Enhancing get the buffs they need.

But I do understand there's a base of players that like playing Pink Mage and I am in support for global improvements for RDM across the board.

So, I'm going to request an alternative to Cure V that does not give RDM the type of spike curing that rivals WHM's spike healing. Giving RDM more capabilities in healing, but keeping the emphasis instead on enfeebles and enhancement, rather than give them the capabilities to flat out replace WHM in any instance that's not HNMs.
    (4)

Player
    Cure 4 is unacceptably weak for any real event. What makes events hard is the mob's AoE rate/potency vs # of WHMs present. To balance healing why not make RDM excel at single target healing with Fast Cast Cure 4/5's and let WHM handle AoE the same way SCH excels at single target nukes and BLM has AoEs
    (1)

Player
    Replace whm in not hnm events? Rdm can't even do that... There is little point to have a healer notWhm as it stands right now, no matter what you're doing. And if you don't need a Whm to heal, you're probably fighting something a nin/dnc or dnc/nin could solo.
    (3)

Player
    Fix Cure VI, give other jobs Cure V, everyone wins, whm walks out the deal better, but everyone wins.
    This.

One job's cure progression has gone into a strange and dark place that costs 227 MP for <1500 HP healed, and the rest have stopped cold. Whatever the Development Bros are trying to do, "new cures will be worse than Cure V or not exist" doesn't seem like the ideal way to accomplish it.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Replace whm in not hnm events? Rdm can't even do that... There is little point to have a healer notWhm as it stands right now, no matter what you're doing. And if you don't need a Whm to heal, you're probably fighting something a nin/dnc or dnc/nin could solo.
    I can heal solo heal a single DD party perfectly fine on SCH on the new T3 zilart/jueno VW NM's. Just need WHM's for the actual tank party(nothing new, this is how it was at 75 too), and my regain/libra(very underrated and useful ability)/phalanx(fully merited/geared phalanx is equal to about 11% PDT when things hit for 450+ ^_^)/embrava when applicable is more useful and more damage than replacing me with a WHM. Especially since I also provide unique SCH procs. RDM however, is a completely useless job that you get a mule to refresh2 the whm's in the main party then stop using it until it needs to refresh2 again.

50% cure potency, +15% weather cure bonus, -50 enmity, and rapture. My cure4's heal for 1k with rapture up, the same amount my 50% cure potency fully geared WHM mules cure5's heal for. I still need another cure4.5 though, having to rely on rapture cure3 if cure4 is ever down is horrible horrible horrible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 10-03-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Player
    So you healed as well as a Whm who doesn't know what solace is on single target cures while using strats and costing more mp per cure, congratulations?

I'm sure your Modus Veritas being a proc is very useful too - ohwait, no it isn't.

So basically you bring the healing of a shitty whm and the nuking of a shitty blm, and are useful for your 2 hour... it sounds like your Sch should be shelved right next to the Rdm and be useful as a mule.
    (6)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-03-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Player
    Why should WHM be the best healer by a HUGE margin? That's like not giving any other melee WS past 200 skill except WAR. Saying that you shouldn't give other mages higher healing spells doesn't make sense since they're giving WHM higher level enfeebling spells which entrenches on RDM's territory. RDM has higher enfeebling and enhancing that WHM yet WHM has better Regens and practically the same enfeebles. Why should one job monopolize endgame healing? That's like saying one job should monopolize damage dealing.
    (6)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast