Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Cure V

Character
    Tinderil
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Since Cure IV can be used by any job /WHM, SE have totally missed the point in not giving RDM Cure V - at least by 99 they should be able to use Cure V. It's a joke SE. A bad one.
    (0)

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    K, since this seems to be a thread about the whole Cure V and White mage man-handling our spells. We're just going to remove Red Mage the ability to Cure at all, and White Mage the ability to enhance/enfeeble at all. Because clearly, Red mage being able to cure at all is apparently so disastrous to White mage that even Cure 1 could topple it's throne. We're just going to remove it. K? That way, you Red Mages that don't want to cure don't have to cure, and the White Mages well, too be honest who cares about them? Clearly taking our spells is you know, cool. When we ask for one of there's they act like we broke into their home and murdered their goldfish or something completely childish, but it's cool. You guys main heal, we won't. Isn't that what you want? Go ahead main heal your alliance with no support. Oh wait.

Don't like it? Neither do we. By no support. This includes ballads, refresh, that would also include no /rdm refresh. Problem? You guys think you're amazing. You do it solo. Oh wait. Refer to picture above. ^.

Don't worry about us, we won't cure. So /whm would be completely useless. Won't bother needing -na or keeping a party alive. Like I said, we won't bother. In b4 "Oh but in Abyssea, atmas, atmas, atmas, etc." Last I checked VWNM isn't Abyssea. Oh and let's not forget "OH BUT I HAS x REFRESH PER TIC I CAN BE FINE." Good luck with that. You know... with the whole Curing, Buffing, Hasting, Erasing, etc all solo like. We'll give you a week. You have our numbers, we'll be on another job.

However in all fairness, if you guys can't seem to be proper about why Red Mage can't handle Cure V without using ToAU mentality then I don't see why I can't prove otherwise using your same logic.
    Let's face it. The majority of the time you're using the very same jobs as your subjob that you're tabooing from getting one spell from the arsenal of your many. I really don't see the problem. If you can't handle it, then White Mage may not be the job for you. Stick to something easier.

It's not so much "Oh he just wants to be a pink mage." No, it's just wanting to be useful in a situation where it's needed. Let's face it. White Mage may be the creme of the crop when it comes to healing, but the player behind the job could be a complete moron. Just because you're mediocre at White mage doesn't mean everyone else is.

I'd like to think that the player base has since wisened up about damage. Apparently not, Red Mage isn't meant to handle AoE curing unless if it's /sch even then it's a pain with the recast. That's one Curaga V every two minutes as opposed to whatever it is you White mages with fast cast can mull out, on top of that the recast on Cure V after accession would have us relying on Cure IV until it's back up again. See where I'm going with this? You would still have your throne, we'd just still be support with whatever else SE decides to toss our way. (Betting it's another enfeebling everything is immune to.) Like 'Breath' or something.

My trust in SE with this whole thing has been basically shattered. Red mage is versatile yeah, sure. However it's up to the player to choose how they want to play the job. Isn't that how it's been always? I've seen RDM/BLU in exp parties, RDM/BLM, RDM/WHM, RDM/WAR, RDM/SCH, RDM/SAM. I've essentially seen it bloody hell all. (Don't ask me why on some of the job combinations.)

Look at the end of the day, do you want everything to be in your less than capable hands? Probably not. Cure IV isn't going to save you from AoE TP Spam followed by -ga spells.

You know what? I'm done with this whole Red mage and White Mage fiasco. You guys do what you want. I'm done. I'm going to go hop on something more versatile and useful then Red Mage at the moment. I don't know probably BRD/RNG.

You kids have a good night.
    (2)
    Last edited by TRiPP; 11-21-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Because someone's going to mod me because they can't handle criticism. QQ
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Okay really, i know this is a case of "beating that dead horse" now. They said theyre looking into adjusting cure potency based on skill/mnd, and while that doesnt speak much for itself, lets just think a moment.

Cure IV for me is about 403HP currently (capped skill) and with potency gear (i have 19%ish currently on rdm) that pushes it close to 500. And my gear has plenty room to grow ofcourse.

Now assuming they made just capped skill and +20 mnd (not unreasonable since gain mnd does that for me now) raises cure power on cure IV to 500, and cure III from 180ish to 260, now adding my 20% potency, that steps that cure IV up to 600HP already, and that cure III is now looking at 312hp, which while not enough is certainly better!

Now lets assume we went that extra mile and got 50% cure potency (we can say this IS in abyssea for this) that same cure IV is now a 750HP cure, that cure III is now a 390HP cure! Granted it took us a lot of gear/atma, but that basically just gave us access to cure V without potency boosts, sure hate will be a bit of a problem, but eventually it ends up as a problem for everyone.

While im not too hopeful for what will come of the skill/mnd adjustments of cure potency (i know whm will benefit from this too) I will say that i will still see it through for what it is, and will cap my skills while i wait
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What they really need to fix is cure power scaling with skill. Currently /WHM can cap cure power with skill and MND, that shouldn't be possible. They seriously need to redo how healing magic works for cures.
    (1)

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27