Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Being weakened doesn't lower your effective level, so i'm not sure why you'd need to make lower level monsters more accurate to higher level players in order to tweak these parameters.
    (1)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Being weakened doesn't lower your effective level, so i'm not sure why you'd need to make lower level monsters more accurate to higher level players in order to tweak these parameters.
    He's saying that while the acc floor for melee attacks is relatively high (like 20%?), the acc floor for ranged attacks is much lower (probably closer to 5%). For them to make double-weak ranged attacks hit more, they'd have to raise the /ra acc floor, which would affect low level mobs attacking players, because the floor on their racc would be much higher.
    (3)

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I bring some information about your request. Hopefully it will shed some light on where the development team stands.

It’s not that it will always miss, but when you become K.O.ed while under the effects of weakness, your attack accuracy becomes extremely low. The method of determining accuracy for close range attacks and ranged attacks is different, and this effect is more noticeable for ranged attacks where the accuracy floor is much lower.

I believe that your request is asking whether we can increase this floor; however, if we did this, monsters would also need to undergo this change.
    *Monsters will never be under the effects of weakness, but think of this as ranged attacks from lower level monsters hitting players with a greater degree of accuracy.

Also, when you are KO’d while weak, limitations are set to lower your contribution to the battle and making adjustments in the direction of negating these limitations is like putting the cart before the horse.

While the thought is to have a penalty and have players be mindful in battle so they don’t get KO’d repeatedly, for the example you gave about Voidwatch, we understand that currently there is a lot of AoE damage and it is easy to get caught up in it and die. For this, we would like to make adjustments to the content itself so as to not create situations where you need to fight while weakened.
    While this seems sensible, it doesn't address the question raised regarding the balance of using magic to target a monster's weakness while under the effect of double weakness - further, as some others have pointed out, it is sometimes advantageous to target magical weaknesses while double-weakened because of the enmity mitigation gained by doing 0 damage.

While we certainly understand that the dev team wants weakness to be a negative, in the case of weakness targeting it is rather selective to defend RNGs limitations with the notion of "limited contribution" while completely ignoring the point raised about how magical weakness-targeting is not limited equally.

If limited contribution is truly sought, and the dev team feels as though RNG's archery procs should fall under this consideration, then why not raise the damage required for elemental magic to proc to 1 point, so that the contribution of casters is equally limited? Not that I want things to get more frustrating, or whatever, it is just a rhetorical point raised by your response.

I totally understand the idea that weakness should be a bad thing, I don't think anyone here is arguing otherwise - but when examining content for adjustments, as you said would be preferable to adjusting weakness itself, please consider this point when moving forward.
    (5)
    Last edited by Annahya; 01-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    "Play the way you want and have a good time - but understand that your performance can have an effect on the fun of others. Be effective for those counting on you, and never lose sight of the fact that enjoyment for yourself and others is the ultimate goal."

Player
    So why can other melee jobs perform perfectly fine while a RNG becomes absolutely useless under double weakened effect?
    (2)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While the thought is to have a penalty and have players be mindful in battle so they don’t get KO’d repeatedly, for the example you gave about Voidwatch, we understand that currently there is a lot of AoE damage and it is easy to get caught up in it and die. For this, we would like to make adjustments to the content itself so as to not create situations where you need to fight while weakened.
    Other than new Tier 6 Jeuno VWNM, I particularly haven't gotten into a situation I found myself in double-weakened state.

Walk of Echoes, on the other hand, I can have most people agree that this battlefield is 90% (or more?) of the time, you will get yourself weakened or double weakened.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    So why can other melee jobs perform perfectly fine while a RNG becomes absolutely useless under double weakened effect?
    RNG and COR can also keep out fo the AOE range and do their job just fine for most of the time... No reason why they should become double-weak.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Because RNG can perform perfectly fine single-weakened, while other melees become absolutely useless. Overall I'm pretty sure melee jobs have the worse card.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Because RNG can perform perfectly fine single-weakened, while other melees become absolutely useless. Overall I'm pretty sure melee jobs have the worse card.
    But Ranged attackers and Nukers got their position tougher than any melee. The 2nd time they die, they will fall into absolute uselessness while melee can manage contributes something small and slower when they are weakened.

My BLU is greatest melee when it comes to zombieing for being able to cast unnerfed spells and die again no problem.
    SAM and other 2-hander aren't that bad because it takes less number of hit to gain TP and WS (unnerfed) compared to other DW/punching jobs.
    Other dual wield/punching jobs got the end of the stick, I will agree with that.

Just because I can maintain distance, doesn't mean the monster will never come towards me. Given any form of hate reset and pet/avatar fighting, you can't argue that if someone can perform their task out of AoE range, death shouldn't come to them. If you are to implement healing magic cures 0 HP when double weakened, I think you would use the same arguments I've given above.
    (1)
    Last edited by VZX; 01-17-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    RNG and COR can also keep out fo the AOE range and do their job just fine for most of the time... No reason why they should become double-weak.
    You have no clue about enmity mechanics obviously. A RNG doing his job (DD) would have to gimp his abilities substantially to keep a mob from ever going after him. That's even with max enmity gear and Coronach. Until SE fixes the enmity formulas (fat chance) maxing CE is only a matter of a brief amount of time. Add in all the hate reset moves these new NM's have and most fights degenerate into whoever hit the mob last gets hate.

Basically, much like BLM's, ranged attackers have to gimp themselves to avoid getting into AoE range. I've been double weak many times on RNG and COR largely because with single weakness you can outperform other weak DD's and are soon pulling the NM your way for a one shot kill.

That being said I can live with this mechanic as annoying as it is. I'd rather Se worked on enmity generation for ranged attackers to lessen the chance of being double weak in the first place.
    (3)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pretty much I can sum up that dev post with 3 words, Cannot be arsed.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast